• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
They'll lose the tie breaker vote, though. I don't think McConnell would allow that to be the case.

The VP very rarely uses the tie breaker; regular legislation requires cloture and appointments only go 50-50 if they are manifestly incompetent.

However I agree that a would-be President Pence would not nominate a senator to be VP for that reason.

Civil war!

C__RzvvUAAAs69Z.jpg

Lo-Volt

Forgive me, Can someone explain the difference?

I wonder if they would try to exert more direct control of a commission or special committee by choosing malleable members for either body. A special prosecutor with a wide mandate might seem like a much more dangerous beast to those who could be accused of complicity in all of this activity. Frankly, I think either option is bad news for the administration.

Realistically considering the widespread claims they should have both. Or at least a Commission that has the authority to appoint a Prosecutor if they determine the law was broken.

Ithil

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333678-dem-floats-bill-to-make-trump-refund-travel-costs

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) on Tuesday announced a new bill that would require President Trump to reimburse the government for public money spent on his travel to properties he owns, such as his beloved Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

“It is unacceptable for the president to maintain an interest in traveling to properties in which he has a direct financial interest, as the U.S. government is responsible for renting space to personnel in said private commercial entities,” Lieu's bill says, according to The Washington Examiner.

The Stop Waste and Misuse by the President (SWAMP) Act states that Trump’s visits to his own properties “results in the American taxpayer effectively subsidizing the president’s businesses.”

“Every time the president travels to Mar-a-Lago, he necessarily promotes his private business interests via free press at the government’s expense,” it says.
Lieu's legislation says that each of Trump’s visits to the exclusive Palm Beach resort costs in $3.7 million for security alone, in addition to air travel costs and overtime for local law enforcement.

The bill would mandate that Trump and other high-ranking officials receiving Secret Service protection pay back costs stemming from visits to properties they own.

With summer just around the corner, Trump will reportedly be spending less time at Mar-a-Lago and more at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., which he also owns.

Hyuck hyuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom