• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, Trump literally built two massive scandals in the course of a week or two.

Like, his own doing, blatantly.

The GOP is not ready for the 21st Century.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
dEiYUXK.jpg

CNN Sanders v Kasich "debate" is now a "town hall" and has been shortened by an hour. I'm guessing Kasich was having last minute jitters and didn't like the idea of actually having to argue about stuff he 1) didn't want to talk about and 2) didn't necessarily disagree with. What hilariously bad timing to be a GOP face on television.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

There is a lot of smoke, and there is going to be a fire, but not all smoke is from the same fire necessarily.

Getting hysterical about every Russian connection of every single politician is not going to help anybody. If anything it just plays into the right's narrative.

Fact is, a lot of wealthy people probably have some sort of tie to Russia if you dig deep enough.

Burr has been acting appropriately so far according to Sen. Warner, the one man in the greatest position to judge.

There is a lot of smoke, and there is going to be a fire, but not all smoke is from the same fire necessarily.

Getting hysterical about every Russian connection of every single politician is not going to help anybody. If anything it just plays into the right's narrative.

Fact is, a lot of wealthy people probably have some sort of tie to Russia if you dig deep enough.

Burr has been acting appropriately so far according to Sen. Warner, the one man in the greatest position to judge.

Yea, especially if you have any holdings in oil companies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Remember--Comey and the IC aren't clowns. They know that you don't start with the biggest thing--you build up your case and get bigger as you move on. I have a feeling this Comey memo thing is only the tip of the iceberg.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
We should be full steam ahead on Trump and his merry little gang of dickheads.

But we should be careful about the burden of evidence we need before we start accusing other, unconnected, lawmakers. Especially the ones who are in the position to do something right now.

Imagine it this way: You're Senator Richard Burr. You are a wealthy man with a lot of investments, some of which are indeed in Russia. You know for a fact that you are not a traitor.

But man, there's a lot of smoke coming up around all these Trump accusations, and the pressure to act is building pretty hard. Maybe there's something to it. And that fucking doofus keeps opening his mouth and incriminating himself further.

Oh, what's this? They're accusing me of being in Putin's pocket too? Over a single tenuous connection? And I know this isn't true, since it's me. Well, maybe all this Trump stuff is bullshit after all.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am increasingly amazed by fox news' ability to keep their viewers in the dark in service to the right

At least he spent the first 30 minutes of his show talking about the whole thing, even though the argument is it's all overhyped.

Any that aren't thoroughly brainwashed might wonder why this seems to keep happening, particularly after the white house halfway confirms it, going by the usual cycle, or Comey confirms it if the white house uncharacteristically sticks to the lie.

Blader

Warner was saying on yesterday's PSA that in the event of an independent commission, Trump would be able to make appointments? And the GOP, as the majority party, could make more appointments than the Democrats? What in the hell is the point of it in that case?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck did I miss, I've been in rehearsal for like three hours

- NYT has Comey assistents telling them about memos that say Trump asked for Comey to stop investigating Flynn and start jailing journalists.

- White House denies the story as another "sources say" story where the NYT doesn't even have the memo itself

- Comey states intention to make memos public

- Lindsey Graham invites Comey to a senate hearing open to the public, which Comey previously said he would only accept if the hearing was open to the public

Ithil

Sally Yates comes off as immensely likable and respectable in her interview with Cooper. She should really run for office of some kind in the next few years, governor or something.

Teggy

Sally Yates comes off as immensely likable and respectable in her interview with Cooper. She should really run for office of some kind in the next few years, governor or something.

Maybe she'd like to, but she's a lawyer, not a policy maker. I've thought it odd that people would think she'd be into that kind of job.

kirblar

Maybe she'd like to, but she's a lawyer, not a policy maker. I've thought it odd that people would think she'd be into that kind of job.
(Lawyer is the most common background for politicians, no?)

They don't develop/make policy, they help implement it and get it passed.

Teggy

(Lawyer is the most common background for politicians, no?)

They don't develop/make policy, they help implement it and get it passed.

Lawyer to politician is an incredibly common career change

Lots of attorney generals run for governor or senator.

I stand corrected.

What's this about being back? Are we John Wick? If there's anything I've learned about trying to beat Trump, it's to stay pessimistic.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is Sally Yates qualified to be a SCJ?

Sure, I guess. It's not healthy for every single last Justice to be an appeals court judge with a ivy league degree, with Kagan being the very small exception as Solicitor General with an ivy league degree.

I'd consider Attorney General with a degree from University of Georgia School of Law as a great resume myself.

Obviously not a great resume if you believe in the appeals court judge with an ivy league degree as the requirement that apparently a lot of presidents tend towards, including Trump with Gorsuch.

woodland

Yea I was gonna say something like that. Shit, if having stock in NOV is a Russian connection then I might be fucked thanks to my grandparents. Fair thee well.

Holmes

So in election-related news, the runoff for Georgia's 32nd senate district was today, and it's located in GA-06. Republicans got a combined vote of 60.2% in the jungle primary, but tonight the margin will end up around 57 - 43. It's an improvement for the Democrats, and it bodes well for Ossoff because Democrats got around 49% of the combined vote in the GA-06 jungle primary.

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/69574/Web02-state/#/

"Mr. Trump’s appetite for chaos, coupled with his disregard for the self-protective conventions of the presidency, have left his staff confused and squabbling. And his own mood, according to two advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, has become sour and dark, turning against most of his aides — even his son-in-law, Jared Kushner — and describing them in a fury as “incompetent,” according to one of those advisers."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/white-house-staff.html?_r=0

Not concerning at all.

It just occurred to me that our country is now, officially, run by an 80s Cartoon Villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-05ttpJGAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom