• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's alot of things Trump is doing that aren't illegal because nobody ever thought that any president would do the things he's doing.

For instance, why would you waste time making legislation that prevents the president from leaking classified intel to our most dangerous enemy? Who would even think about something like that?

Not so much that no one thought of it, but that it was assumed Congress would be a check on it. Legislative branch is where the institutional fault lines are splitting.

Xando

Someones loving this:

Na_ytto_kuva_2017-05-17_kello_14.35.23.png

According to CNN he said they had audio recordings of the meeting but later said he was misquoted and "only" has a transcript.

DrMungo

Nah man, country before party. President Pence will be bad, but Trump is uniquely unqualified for the job. The thought of him having to deal with a real crisis (as opposed to the self inflicted ones he's been dealing with) is terrifying.
It's a risk this country and the world shouldn't take, even if it means delaying the progressive agenda.

I definitely echo this sentiment.
Imagining him in crisis or as a wartime president is horrifying

Wilsongt

Critical thinking is a dwindling art in this country.

It's like nature is selecting against it as being a trait that is needed.

Barzul

The GOP will never impeach him and Trump will never resign. We're stuck with him and as a result our institutions will erode and never quite be the same.

Can't wait to see the shit he's going to try and pull to maximize voter suppression in 2020. I really hope Democrats are prepared.
Personally think there's good odds for resignation. This job has to be really stressing him out. He looks very unhappy and from what we hear from insider reports, he has withdrawn heavily. There's still 3.5 years to go, not sure he will subject himself to it. He will continue creating self inflicted wounds while consuming media critical of those moves. It's pretty much self inflicted torture.

gaugebozo

I definitely believe that Putin would release accurate transcripts. For sure.

... [Just then, Vladimir Putin rode in, shirtless on a bear, looking majestic. He smiled. Somewhere, a Russian peasant received a loaf of bread]

Putin: I am glad we did not try to affect your election, that would be wrong. Climb on, Steven Seagal! We must defeat ISIS!

[And like that, they were gone. The faint sound of secrets remaining secure fades.]

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DAB1tMZWsAEhuar.jpg

This is absolutely embarrassing.

The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP

BREAKING: Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina collapses during DC race, gets CPR, taken away in ambulance.

Yikes. Hope he is OK.

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews

.@CBSThisMorning reached out to 20 republican senators and representatives as well as to the White House to appear today -- all declined

Such courage.

Wilsongt

DAB1tMZWsAEhuar.jpg

This is absolutely embarrassing.

Yikes. Hope he is OK.

Such courage.

Little Marco was on Fox and Friends.

The usual deflection.

Also, they talkes about Manning being released, and holy shit the amount of bullshit language they used to describe her in the 30s blurb was disgusting.

Hindl

Critical thinking is a dwindling art in this country.

It's like nature is selecting against it as being a trait that is needed.

With the internet came the ability to have a massive amount of information at your fingertips. The problem is that having all that information allowed people to find whatever sources they want to support their side, and critical thinking has taken a nosedive. It actually makes me more worried than what Trump and the other Republicans are doing. The average person doesn't agree with far right/white supremacist garbage that Trump and his allies are spewing. But they do have a distrust of the mainstream media, and see places like Breitbart and Fox as alternative takes instead of propaganda machines. And combine that with the aforementioned abundance of information available, it means the average American can be swayed in any direction without critical thinking. You see it on the left too with how people attached themselves to TYT, the Intercept, and others. And I don't know how you fix that. Once all this shit blows over, there's no reason it couldn't happen again.

Personally think there's good odds for resignation. This job has to be really stressing him out. He looks very unhappy and from what we hear from insider reports, he has withdrawn heavily. There's still 3.5 years to go, not sure he will subject himself to it. He will continue creating self inflicted wounds while consuming media critical of those moves. It's pretty much self inflicted torture.

Yes, I think there's a non-trivial chance he resigns, more likely than impeachment, really. (Not counting that he'd resign if impeachment were imminent anyway.)

I don't mean any time particularly soon. But he even has a good crybaby cover of the media and the left making it impossible to do his job so we don't deserve him anymore.

Gruco

Banned
It's weird how a guy who confessed to serial sexual assault before being elected president could think he's above the law.

CoolOff

I really, really hope enough of this fuckery sticks to Ivanka long-term. The Last Week Tonight-segment about her and Kush made my skin crawl.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My favorite part of this whole thing is that they thought they could run the country like a business.

gaugebozo

My favorite part of this whole thing is that they thought they could run the country like a business.

The one tiny silver lining in all of this is that we now have something to point to when someone brings up that idiotic idea. "A business man will get rid of all the waste and accomplish anything they want!"

Here's Tomi Lauren from December:

The Blaze said:
If he [Rex Tillerson] can run Exxon-Mobil, I think he can handle the bureaucrats on the hill,” Tomi explains. She goes on to sat that thanks to Tillerson’s experience in managing Exxon-Mobil’s holdings in Russia and the Caspian Sea for almost two decades, “he may actually have an understanding of Russian geopolitics and negotiating skills.”

She concludes brilliantly: “Perhaps if we ran the country more like a business and less like a fraudulent charity, we might be able to stay afloat. Crazy, right?

DonShula

Putin stepping into this is a new level of insanity.

Agreed. Accused of swaying our election, and colluding with our president, Putin wakes up this morning and says "I'll vouch for him, got a transcript, hit me up if you want to see it." A transcript from a meeting that no American press were allowed to attend.

If this were proposed as a plot twist in a television show, it would be rejected.

Satire is dead. "Trumpian" is the new "Nixonian."

RDreamer

The new GOP defense being previewed?

He may have been joking? Huh, if only we had some sort of evidence that he may not have been. You know, something like firing him and stating on national TV it was because of the Russia investigation. Too bad we don't have that context at all. Guess he's just joking and Comey can continue on with his job.

Plinko

Justin Amash said specifically that if the Comey details are true, it is an impeachable offense. Again, one of the very few republicans with guts.

Wilsongt

I just wannaseethereceipts.gif onthe Comey memo.

The Republicans can just wave it away as gotcha journalism and say "a source of a source that saw a memo means nothing until the memo is produced".

And even if it IS produced, I don't think anything will happen to Trump.

Wilsongt

Is Trump on a plane today? Or has his staff hogtied him and not let him near a phone because his Twitter has been silent for too long.

And even if it IS produced, I don't think anything will happen to Trump.

Unless he resigns from fatigue, Trump will finish his 4 year term. Nothing will legally ever touch him.

BUT

That isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. Constantly having massive negative stories in the press will drag down the entire GOP and Trump and help Democrats secure wins. The longer it goes on, the less likely it is that it leaves people's minds and they go back to supporting the GOP.

Also people without the protection and clout of Trump will fall. Sessions, Flynn, Manafort, people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom