• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we didn't, we primaried his ass and he had to run as an independent. Connecticut voted him in over an actual Democrat who had support from the Dem establishment.

In fact one of the reasons Leiberman kept his seat is because Talk Radio Hosts were telling Connecticut conservatives to vote for Lieberman as a way to block the Dem from winning.

But we didn't, we primaried his ass and he had to run as an independent. Connecticut voted him in over an actual Democrat who had support from the Dem establishment.

While true, how long was Joe a Democrat? Dude was VP nominee...a conservative!

You can't have it both ways. Always vote D while letting conservatives like destructive Lieberman into the party let alone a representative of that party.

He was defeated...did Joe have a brain transplant? No, he's always been a conservative. Dems created him and now he's a step away from squashing all justice federally.

Dems own Joe. This is a lesson not to support garbage as it will continue to stink years afterward.

kirblar

You can't have it both ways. Always vote D while letting conservatives like destructive Lieberman into the party let alone a representative of that party.

He was defeated...did Joe have a brain transplant? No, he's always been a conservative. Dems created him and now he's a step away from squashing all justice federally.

Dems own Joe. This is a lesson not to support garbage as it will continue to stink years afterward.
This is how you never have power again.

He was primaried cause he was in a safe seat, like Gabbard. You don't go after your blue dogs because without them, you don't have a majority!

Lieberman was only able to defeat Lowell Weicker, one of the last liberal Republicans, by appealing to moderate voters. And his margin of victory was only 10,000 votes! If the Democrats were the part of ideological purity that you want they wouldn't have held that seat for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lieberman#Tenure

Amazing. Obstruction of justice. They've had it since February.

Please proceed, GOP. You're making 2018 look amazing. The ads they can make. If they have solid marketing this time around, I really think we see a democratic House.

I was thinking about this the other day. With all the supposed liberals in Hollywood, why doesn't the Left have superb commercials, telling a story and getting people fired up to vote? They make movies, why not extend that storytelling to commercials that can push a progressive agenda and get people to the polls effectively? Own that shit!!

jtb

Banned
I was thinking about this the other day. With all the supposed liberals in Hollywood, why doesn't the Left have superb commercials, telling a story and getting people fired up to vote? They make movies, why not extend that storytelling to commercials that can push a progressive agenda and get people to the polls effectively? Own that shit!!

idk I thought everything Joss Whedon did last cycle was horrible and cringe-worthy. Hollywood and Beltway communication are not necessarily transferable skills, nor should they be. They only know how to preach to the choir.

I'm not about to defend Lieberman but my impression was he was a fairly uncontroversial Democrat until he endorsed Bush and continued supporting the Iraq War well after it was clear the GOP had lied about it. This myth that he was always some conservative asshole who Democrats just put up with until they didn't is pretty well divorced from reality.

He also did change several positions after becoming an independent such as expanding Medicare (this was a part of his and Gore's platform in 2000), so your point isn't very well taken.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering why PoliGAF was filled with an inordinately amount of shot posting but then I realized I was in the Comey Memo thread.

idk I thought everything Joss Whedon did last cycle was horrible and cringe-worthy. Hollywood and Beltway communication are not necessarily transferable skills, nor should they be. They only know how to preach to the choir.
the Avengers couldn't even stop trump.

teiresias

Enjoy never having enough control to pass policy again then. At least you'll have your moral "they're both the same" victory at least.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Lieberman joined the law firm Kasowitz Benson Torres a few years ago: http://www.kasowitz.com/senator-joseph-lieberman-joins-kasowitz-06-06-20131/

Founder Marc Kasowitz is "Trump's Go-To Guy for His Toughest Legal Battles": https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-go-to-guy-for-his-toughest-legal-battles-1484060401
*Trump Logic*
If your FBI Director is also your lawyer, your private conversations are privileged.

16945205.jpg

From a Fox News interview with Louie Gohmert, it appears the route some of the GOP are going to go is accusing Comey of committing a crime by not reporting Trump's obstruction as soon as it happened:

"I'm amazed that an FBI director and former prosecutor would be confessing to a crime the way that it appears that he is," Gohmert said.

He said that under 18 U.S. Code Section 4, Comey is required by law to report any attempt - including by the president of the United States - to obstruct a federal investigation

"If this [memo] happened a couple of months ago then it sounds [like] he has got to report it immediately and I've heard no evidence that he reported [it]," Gohmert said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/...d-crime-donald-trump-obstruction-gohmert-says

Allard

From a Fox News interview with Louie Gohmert, it appears the route some of the GOP are going to go is accusing Comey of committing a crime by not reporting Trump's obstruction as soon as it happened:

"I'm amazed that an FBI director and former prosecutor would be confessing to a crime the way that it appears that he is," Gohmert said.

He said that under 18 U.S. Code Section 4, Comey is required by law to report any attempt - including by the president of the United States - to obstruct a federal investigation

"If this [memo] happened a couple of months ago then it sounds [like] he has got to report it immediately and I've heard no evidence that he reported [it]," Gohmert said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/...d-crime-donald-trump-obstruction-gohmert-says

It also seems to me he missed reading that he submitted these memo's and findings to the DoJ, oh that's right your little kiebler elf friend sessions leads that department now.

Nafai1123

Banned
It also seems to me he missed reading that he submitted these memo's and findings to the DoJ, oh that's right your little kiebler elf friend sessions leads that department now.

Yeah this seems like a idiotic backfire waiting to happen.

"Why didn't you report it right away?"
"I did...to the department of justice."
"And who was it you reported it to?"
"Deputy AG Rosenstein."
"...*crickets* uhh...yeah well....why didn't you report it to Congress!?"
"Uhh....because that's not who I report to."

So their line of defense is that Trump is guilty, but Comey should have told us earlier
even though he did tell us earlier
? Fine with me.

I'm in the camp that's fine with Dems basically acting like Collins on some issues to give themselves cover. Lieberman kind of crosses that line for me though because he actually did use his vote against the party. He was supposed to just grumble a lot about how he had reservations about it before just voting for it anyway; you know, pulling a McCain.

So their line of defense is that Trump is guilty, but Comey should have told us earlier
even though he did tell us earlier
? Fine with me.
Well beyond that, it appears he did report it? He didn't just sleep on it. And in the course of an investigation, sometimes law enforcement allows other crimes to happen if they thing there is still something bigger out there.

These law enforcement first fucks should know that.

I'm in the camp that's fine with Dems basically acting like Collins on some issues to give themselves cover. Lieberman kind of crosses that line for me though because he actually did use his vote against the party. He was supposed to just grumble a lot about how he had reservations about it before just voting for it anyway; you know, pulling a McCain.

I was under the impression that he had gone full right-wing since he left office, basically out of feeling vindictive towards liberals yelling at him in public and such. Like, to the right of Graham and McCain. But maybe that is off-base.

chadskin

MSNBC reporter

Ari Melber‏Verified account
@AriMelber

Big news coming shortly ... within minutes

Washington Post: House majority leader told colleagues last year: 'I think Putin pays' Trump. Paul Ryan told them not to leak the remarks.

Per iPhone notification from the Post's app.

Mike M

Nick N
MSNBC reporter

Ari Melber‏Verified account
@AriMelber

Big news coming shortly ... within minutes

Just when I thought nothing was going to drop today.

Edit:
Washington Post: House majority leader told colleagues last year: 'I think Putin pays' Trump. Paul Ryan told them not to leak the remarks.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Edit 2: Oh shit, Special Prosecutor appointed too?!

Blader

I don't think that's anything more than a dumb remark by McCarthy...exactly why he isn't speaker right now. :lol

Tommy DJ

lol literally party over country. No wonder Republicans are so quiet over Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom