• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Can he be fired be the DOJ and/or Trump?

Also, if the WaPo has the recording of that conversation, don't they have to release it?

Sharpeye

Hmmm, what do you guys think about Rosenstein? I'm having trouble seeing what side this dude is on, whether Trump and sessions went behind his back or he was on board at first and is trying to redeem himself now.

chadskin

I don't think that's anything more than a dumb remark by McCarthy...exactly why he isn't speaker right now. :lol

Why'd Ryan swear McCarthy to secrecy about this if it's just a joke, though, is what I find odd.

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks...This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

Hmmm, what do you guys think about Rosenstein? I'm having trouble seeing what side this dude is on, whether Trump and sessions went behind his back or he was on board at first and is trying to redeem himself now.

I'm waiting to see if Comey's memos were shared to the DOJ before Comey's firing. If they were, Rosenstein can personally put Trump in cuffs and it still wouldn't save his career. If not ... this is his power play.

jtb

Banned
Also, what the fuck? The dateline for the WaPo story is Kiev?!? With contributors from Moscow and Brussels? Where the hell was this tape making the rounds, anyways?

Yes, but while firing Comey is figuratively what Nixon did, that is literally what Nixon did and it was his downfall.

Trump is not a rational actor.

chadskin

DAD91eAXoAAn9Tf.jpg

Gruco

Banned
I really thought there was no afternoon news bomb today. I was all "two days in a row, that's a lot of news bombs. Maybe there will be one next week"

Trump just joking with Comey about locking up reporters. Ryan and co were just joking about that comment.

GOP sure have quite the sense of humor. Who knew republicans were such comedians in secretive meetings about damning topics?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Trump is not a rational actor.

I certainly wasn't implying he is. But I do think it would be a very big mistake to do so. Bigger than Comey because there is literally no other pretense for them to hide behind.

FyreWulff

So the literal previous FBI Director gets appointed as special counsel. This gonna be good.

Appointed by W, served under both W and Obama, Obama asked him to stay around for 2 more years which he agreed to before leaving the post.

Gruco

Banned
So, I think the McCarthy/Ryan thing is nothing. Like, reading the transcript, that is what "locker room talk" actually sounds like. Just a bunch of buddies dicking around. Maybe I'm wrong, but hearing the audio would make it clearer.

Rosenstein delivering is great though. Mueller is a nice symbolic pick given his role with Comey as the anti-illegal-wiretapping Bros.

Can't wait for the next anonymous leak about Trump impotently yelling at everyone he knows!!!

jtb

Banned
So, I think the McCarthy/Ryan thing is nothing. Like, reading the transcript, that is what "locker room talk" actually sounds like. Just a bunch of buddies dicking around. Maybe I'm wrong, but hearing the audio would make it clearer.

Rosenstein delivering is great though. Mueller is a nice symbolic pick given his role with Comey as the anti-illegal-wiretapping Bros.

Can't wait for the next anonymous leak about Trump impotently yelling at everyone he knows!!!

I agree.

Trump's dumbass promise to appoint a special prosecutor to look into Hillary is delicious.

Becoming president will be the worst thing to ever happen to him.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for 2-3pm hour tomorrow to see what we get.

The leaks from the intelligence community might stop if the leakers are satisfied with getting a special prosecutor, like how the leaks mostly dried up after they got the Sessions recusal.

The whitehouse leaks about trump being an idiot will continue, but that's not going to be an everyday thing.

Gruco

Banned
ALTHOUGH

Even though I don't think McCarthy literally meant that or has evidence that Putin was paying Trump, the audio is quite telling. Obviously they knew how compromised and unusual he was. And they played along, fought the truth, and even today lied when confronted with their own words. So, as evidence of the Republican's bad faith and complicity, it could have huge consequences.

studyguy

I literally can't do work anymore without the world collapsing in on itself fam.
I just want to let you know that the 13th OT council of the PoliGAF thread is probably gonna be lit.

Who is our OT majority leader btw.

Gruco

Banned
Real talk.

The election was hollowing. Dark. Shattering. Trump was obviously unfit, and the election was a farce. Evil won, full stop. I'll never let go of the memories in the days following it. And no information campaign or bad news cycle will allow me to overlook the fact that 46% of the country voted for a racist, mentally unstable con artist.

But gravity exists. Even outside of power, we are able to have a say in what happens next. The weakness of the GOP's overpromising, incompetence, and bargain with the devil is exposed.

Resistance is working, competence matters, and we are on the right side of history. Despite fears of 1000 years of conservative darkness, all of the long term strengths of the Democratic coalition remain in place, we're fired back up, and the pendulum becomes ready to swing again.

I guess what I'm saying is that today is a really fucking big win. Victory lap that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom