• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. If competence mattered people wouldn't be suggesting Unemployed Man for Sec State. Or Fidel's twins for President. And Nina Turner wouldn't be a thing.

DAED5-qV0AAJb4H

From Maddow's twitter

JP_

Banned
Paul Ryan talks like a mob boss

”No leaks, alright?," Ryan said, adding: ”This is how we know we're a real family here."

”That's how you know that we're tight," Scalise said.

”What's said in the family stays in the family," Ryan added.

Looking for info without hitting a bunch of conservative link sites - can anyone provide some links regarding the whole "press and mainstream media contacts DNC to look at it's news articles before releasing them" rumor or fact(?) that Repubs have been talking about since last year?

Like is it true, is it false, is it inbetween? Because google only returns rightwing sites...

Gruco

Banned
Trump can fire Sessions (he won't) or Rosenstein to appoint someone willing to fire Mueller. It would have to be someone in an acting capacity, I guess, because the Senate still needs to approve whoever the permanent replacement would be.

So, that option is there. But, there are pretty compelling reasons a person with basic induction skills wouldn't want to do that. In conclusion...maybe he'll do that, because Trump is really dumb. But Trump is pretty boxed in now. The investigation is happening.

Trump can fire Sessions (he won't) or Rosenstein to appoint someone willing to fire Mueller. It would have to be someone in an acting capacity, I guess, because the Senate still needs to approve whoever the permanent replacement would be.

So, that option is there. But, there are pretty compelling reasons a person with basic induction skills wouldn't want to do that. In conclusion...maybe he'll do that, because Trump is really dumb. But Trump is pretty boxed in now. The investigation is happening.

It's the proverbial third rail for Trump. Dude shouldn't even wave to him from a window. If he fires, inquires about firing or even talk about it is undeniably Obstruction of Justice.

Is Rosenstein acting attorney general in this because Sessions officially recused himself from this topic? Otherwise, wouldn't this need Session's signature? Or is this fussy legal speak? Oh, right, and he's soooo totally fired tomorrow morning, lol. If Trump tossed the FBI director for investigating him, some deputy AG is a nobody.

kirblar

Is Rosenstein acting attorney general in this because Sessions officially recused himself from this topic? Otherwise, wouldn't this need Session's signature? Or is this fussy legal speak? Oh, right, and he's soooo totally fired tomorrow morning, lol. If Trump tossed the FBI director for investigating him, some deputy AG is a nobody.
Yes.

Gruco

Banned
I can't wait for the statement from the White House. My guess it will be something along the lines of
the day Donald Trump became president said:
As a Democracy, the faith in our institutions and the Democratic process are of the upmost importance. The last few weeks of news have been a distraction towards the business facing the American people, and you have a right to the truth. Our administration has nothing to hide. We applaud Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and will happily cooperate with Counsel Mueller's investigation. We look forward to putting this chapter behind us. In the mean time, our mission to Make America Great Again continues.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for info without hitting a bunch of conservative link sites - can anyone provide some links regarding the whole "press and mainstream media contacts DNC to look at it's news articles before releasing them" rumor or fact(?) that Repubs have been talking about since last year?

Like is it true, is it false, is it inbetween? Because google only returns rightwing sites...

This is probably the email it's referring to, where NYT reporter asks if they want any part of the interview cut out:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4213

Here's his defence, basically saying it was off the record stuff he wanted to put on the record:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/magazine/anatomy-of-a-media-conspiracy.html

Crocodile

Comey is still going to publicly testify right?

A independent commission sounds like a good idea too - to not look for crimes but general shenanigans.

teiresias

I'm assuming that Mueller isn't constrained at this point to stick exclusively to Flynn and Manafort and could also investigate obstruction of justice concerns?

Armaros

Eh I'm sure it will rear it's ugly head again
Especially if he gets impeached! Pence would ram the AHCA through like nobody's business

Is this legit??
This fucking muppet should be investigated too. Fucking twit. I hate him about as much as I hate Trump.

The Post has recordings of the entire thing.

The spokespeople for the involved instantly called this false, until the reporters mentioned that the Post would be quoting from a recording.

They instantly switch to 'it was just a joke breh'

Diablos

The Post has recordings of the entire thing.

The spokespeople for the involved instantly called this false, until the reporters mentioned that the Post would be quoting from a recording.

They instantly switch to 'it was just a joke breh'
MOTHERFUCKERS.

I'm PISSED.

The GOP is a fucking mob and its most poweful are either in bed with Russia or turn the other way when it's happening.

This is some shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom