• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

I'm torn between wanting this scandal to accelerate to the point of resignation/impeachment, and wanting it to get drawn out so long that it tears down as much of the GOP as it can.

This is all with the assumption that the FBI has something rock-solid.

Personally I prefer the slow burn that cripples GOP legislative agenda and ushers in the control Democrats saw in 2008. I'd love to see Paul Ryan lose his seat, if that was even possible.

aTTckr

Sorry guys but cannot be simulateneously concerned about the well being of your country because of Trump's presence and claim Republicans put party before country while writing that you hope the investigation takes as long as possible to inflict maximum damage to Republicans. This sort of hypocritical sentiment seems to be quite common currently on the left.

Lesath

Sorry guys but cannot be simulateneously concerned about the well being of your country because of Trump's presence and claim Republicans put party before country while writing that you hope the investigation takes as long as possible to inflict maximum damage to Republicans. This sort of hypocritical sentiment seems to be quite common currently on the left.

giphy.gif

The fuck?

Where has anyone said the investigation takes as long as possible?

"Unlike former presidents who have made the trip, such as George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, Trump declined to land the helicopter at a base of the historic site and then take the cable car up, preferring to cancel the visit altogether."

too many scary stairs?

There is a cable car to the top lol

I've done the hike up and down, Trump wouldn't get halfway..........which is why there is a darn cable car, sad!

Grym

Then it's good that I hope they nail all their asses to the wall very quickly I guess.

If I had my way Trump would be out on his ass tomorrow.

Lo-Volt

New York Times

WASHINGTON — Several White House advisers and personal associates of President Trump have urged him to hire an experienced outside lawyer to help him deal with issues arising from a surging controversy over whether his campaign had ties to Russia, according to several people briefed on the conversations.

The recommendations came even before a special counsel was named on Wednesday to lead the investigation into any collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and Russian officials.

Mr. Trump’s aides and allies were said to be especially concerned by the revelation that James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director fired by Mr. Trump, has contemporaneous, detailed memos reconstructing conversations with the president.

While the office of the president is represented by the White House counsel, presidents in the past have employed outside lawyers when their private actions were called into question.

Mr. Trump has signaled he is likely to hire a new lawyer, but has not yet made a decision, according to three people who have spoken with him. Aides to Mr. Trump did not immediately comment on his discussions.

1) The reply function exists, talk to specific posters instead of invoking the "poligaf is hive mind" thing.

2) The posters you're likely referring to aren't saying they want to sandbag the investigations, just that they hope they naturally take longer to resolve. There's a difference.

New York Times

WASHINGTON — Several White House advisers and personal associates of President Trump have urged him to hire an experienced outside lawyer to help him deal with issues arising from a surging controversy over whether his campaign had ties to Russia, according to several people briefed on the conversations.

The recommendations came even before a special counsel was named on Wednesday to lead the investigation into any collusion between the Trump presidential campaign and Russian officials.

Mr. Trump’s aides and allies were said to be especially concerned by the revelation that James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director fired by Mr. Trump, has contemporaneous, detailed memos reconstructing conversations with the president.

While the office of the president is represented by the White House counsel, presidents in the past have employed outside lawyers when their private actions were called into question.

Mr. Trump has signaled he is likely to hire a new lawyer, but has not yet made a decision, according to three people who have spoken with him. Aides to Mr. Trump did not immediately comment on his discussions.

What firm would represent him for being a traitor?

That's why I'm torn (short term, at least). Trump is dangerous and I'd love him out. But for the long-term welfare of the country, I'd love a purging of the current incarnation of the GOP as well. Not just to be rid of them, but to make them reinvent themselves as a party that's better for the country.

For the sake of well being of this country, I hope the investigation drags on until 2018 so the party of traitorous rat scum that is GOP is shut out of Congress. In fact I hope Trump wont get indicted until 2019.

aTTckr

1) The reply function exists, talk to specific posters instead of invoking the "poligaf is hive mind" thing.

2) The posters you're likely referring to aren't saying they want to sandbag the investigations, just that they hope they naturally take longer to resolve. There's a difference.

My bad, I should have quote the two posters above me. Although it is a broader sentiment I have encountered here and on social media over the last couple of days.

I do not think that there is a big difference. I want Trump to be gone as quickly as possible in order to minimize the damage to the people of the United States, the country as an idea, and people around the world. If you hope that the investigation takes longer due to the nature of the investigation itself, you implicitly care less about the wellbeing of Trump's victims and the country as a whole than you care about the negative effects a longer investigation has on the Republican party. You literally put party before country. That or you actually do not believe Trump poses a pressing threat and therefore impeachment is not really justified.

Slacker

I want Trump out immediately before things escalate in North Korea, but I wouldn't mind the Dems retaking the house first. Wait a second... we get Hillary to run for Congress, take back the house, make her speaker, then impeach Red Don and send Pence home to Mommy, holy crap dudes we got 'em!

President Pelosi would also be hilariously devastating to Fox Newers. Hell, that happening would ignite a new glory decade in Fox News ratings.

thekad

Banned

Stalling the GOP agenda + a Dem wave in 2018 is putting country first.

My bad, I should have quote the two posters above me. Although it is a broader sentiment I have encountered here and on social media over the last couple of days.

I do not think that there is a big difference. I want Trump to be gone as quickly as possible in order to minimize the damage to the people of the United States, the country as an idea, and people around the world. If you hope that the investigation takes longer due to the nature of the investigation itself, you implicitly care less about the wellbeing of Trump's victims and the country as a whole than you care about the negative effects a longer investigation has on the Republican party. You literally put party before country. That or you actually do not believe Trump poses a pressing threat and therefore impeachment is not really justified.

See my reply above. I think my position is 100% in line with wanting the best for my country.

If this were over too quickly, the parts of the GOP that have enabled it wouldn't be held accountable and we'd have Prez Pence and the GOP dismantling the ACA (which is keeping people alive) and pushing through god-knows-what regressive legislation. Whereas the scandal-locked government does less harm and gets rid of more bad actors.

It's just a balance of that against what horrible things he can do short term, to the EPA and such.

aTTckr

Stalling the GOP agenda + a Dem wave in 2018 is putting country first.

I generally am not opposed to utilitarianism but you have to think about what you imply with your wishes. For example, would you be willing to go the young girl whose father got arrested by ICE agents while bringing her to school and will be deported while she is crying alone in the car and tell her to her face that you welcome her suffering since it is for the long term good of the country?

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237265965 said:
What the fuck is wrong when a car crash surpasses that there is possibly a traitorous administration in the white house on the news?
Because of the terrorism angle. The news will fade away by evening since its just some drunk dude. If it's a minority, the news will probably prolong for a day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What the fuck is wrong when a car crash surpasses that there is possibly a traitorous administration in the white house on the news?

Breaking news > rehashing news

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

The specter of terrorism. Modern America's boogeyman that will always bring ratings to the network news channels

jtb

Banned
I generally am not opposed to utilitarianism but you have to think about what you imply with your wishes. For example, would you be willing to go the young girl whose father got arrested by ICE agents while bringing her to school and will be deported while she is crying alone in the car and tell her to her face that you welcome her suffering since it is for the long term good of the country?

Won't this happen under a President Pence or a President Ryan anyways?

There's a tidal wave coming in 2018, whether Trump is removed from office or not. And it doesn't matter whether Republicans decide to play ball, or if they obstruct the shit out of every investigation.

I want Trump out immediately before things escalate in North Korea, but I wouldn't mind the Dems retaking the house first. Wait a second... we get Hillary to run for Congress, take back the house, make her speaker, then impeach Red Don and send Pence home to Mommy, holy crap dudes we got 'em!

President Pelosi would also be hilariously devastating to Fox Newers. Hell, that happening would ignite a new glory decade in Fox News ratings.

Speaker doesn't have to be a house member. If we wind up in a situation where a dem speaker is waltzing to the white house, they can just pick whoever they think has chance of dulling the edge of the conservative media frenzy.

God,fox would make millions ranting about liburls stealing the presidency. Hamburg would have an aneurysm.

It's just an immediate emergency that brought "terrorist attack" to mind but it looks like it's an old drunk now.

Slizeezyc

New York Times

Failing NY Times can't even spell council right.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Won't this happen under a President Pence or a President Ryan anyways?

There's a tidal wave coming in 2018, whether Trump is removed from office or not. And it doesn't matter whether Republicans decide to play ball, or if they obstruct the shit out of every investigation.
I can already see the ads. It should he easy to paint the GOP as traitors, unpatriotic, corrupt, and only caring for the 1%. And I'm sure I'm there's way more but good god the GOP are being savaged this week.

Holmes

Trump's only saving grace right now, and it doesn't even mean much, is that the economy is good right now. If it ever goes south, his numbers will plummet, not just slowly tick down as they have been.

Slizeezyc

So I take it that Trump is now so physically out of shape that he couldn't handle the walk?

The walk to the lift? He's that fat and orange? I dunno about that, he is in great shape, the best shape.

Also, maybe it's more he just feels slighted somehow, that's always the better assumption.

The walk to the lift? He's that fat and orange? I dunno about that, he is in great shape, the best shape.

Also, maybe it's more he just feels slighted somehow, that's always the better assumption.
Trump: Could I get onion rings instead of the fries?

"That'll be an extra five minutes"

witch-hunt-tweet.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom