• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tone down the hyperbole a notch.
There's only 8 GOP seats up for re-election in 2018 and 25 Dem seats that need to be defended. And while a few of those 8 might turn, it's very unlikely all will, much less most, there's possibility a couple of those 25 may as well. Hardly a "bloodbath".

The entire of congress and several governors are up for election

Ernest

Banned
The entire of congress and several governors are up for election
My point is that it is the Senate that's the last line. I think there's a possibility the Republicans could end up with even a few more seats there. Bill Nelson is vulnerable in FL. Joe Donnelly in IN. Tester in MN. Also races in ND, NM, OH and WI are very contested.

Many of the Republicans up for reelection are coming off of very strong pre-Trump support.

And if the Senate follows through with refusing to push through House mandates on ACA, I think there will be even more of a chance those Republican senators hold, in which case congress won't really matter.

And if the Senate follows through with refusing to push through House mandates on ACA, I think there will be even more of a chance those Republican senators hold, in which case congress won't really matter.

No voters differentiates that much - if the GOP is pushing the AHCA the Senate will be hurt by it regardless of if they even pass it.

Even House Republicans who voted no on the AHCA will be hurt in 2018. Democrats who voted no on the ACA weren't saved in 2010, as an example.

My point is that it is the Senate that's the last line. I think there's a possibility the Republicans could end up with even a few more seats there. Bill Nelson is vulnerable in FL. Joe Donnelly in IN. Tester in MN. Also races in ND, NM, OH and WI are very contested.

Many of the Republicans up for reelection are coming off of very strong pre-Trump support.

It's possible they add seats sure, but it's not like fortunes in 2012 were any better for WV/MT/ND Dems. I'll give that McCaskill and Donnelly lucked out against very stupid opponents. I don't see FL/OH/PA/MI/WI flipping, maybe WI.

We could also pick up Nevada or Arizona. Texas is also within the realm of possibility.

Not saying it's easy, if we got 51 seats I would cry.

A Dem congress stops the GOP's legislation full stop. Look how much stuff Obama was able to pass after 2010.

Slacker

I wonder if the CBO has finished scoring Red Don's healthcare bill but are wating for a scandal-free 30 seconds in which to release it. When that comes out and shows 40 million people will lose their HC, oh boy oh boy.

Kusagari

I like how it's coming out that almost all of the dumbest decisions Trump has made link back to Kushner being one of the strongest voices supporting them.

Boy Genius indeed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DAHk9REUwAAjgwH.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/us/politics/trump-fbi-mueller-rosenstein.html

Kushner, the moderating voice.

And Trump threw it all in the trash with a single tweet and made everything worse.

HOW UNEXPECTED.

Art of the deal.

Slacker

Ignoring the subpoenas?
Time to break out the full size poenas.

I think Trump mentioned his full size poenas already:

"Look at those hands, are they small hands? And, he referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."

Kevinroc

I wonder if the CBO has finished scoring Red Don's healthcare bill but are wating for a scandal-free 30 seconds in which to release it. When that comes out and shows 40 million people will lose their HC, oh boy oh boy.

They always said that was coming next week. And it will dominate the news when it comes out.

(I still think the GOP will push for some form of Trumpcare in the Senate. I don't think it's dead yet.)

Slacker

I promise I won't post tweets all day but this made me laugh:

HuffPost Politics‏ @HuffPostPol
Sessions warns of an America with "marijuana sold at every corner grocery store"

Jesse Berney @jesseberney
Well in that case we're gonna need those taco trucks

Gruco

Banned
Trump telling his crony to cover for him

Flynn responds by asking for contempt charges (better than treason I guess)

Moderate voice Kushner shown to be a mini-Trump who is smart enough to avoid the camera.

It's not even five o'clock yet.

Fox318

Sessions warns of an America with "marijuana sold at every corner grocery store"

c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

A platform I can finally stand behind!

If Sessions gets the boot, maybe we can FINALLY get it legalized already.

sangreal

It's punishable if he refuses Mueller's. It's not really punishable if he refuses Congress. That's my understanding anyway.

It's technically punishable to refuse Congress too but they have to first vote you in contempt and then either sue you, or convince the DOJ to spend years prosecuting you

for a grand jury subpoena, the judge will just hold you in contempt of court and throw you in jail

Ithil

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-cance...after-israel-blocks-helicopter-landing-611287

President Donald Trump has canceled a planned visit and speech at the ancient mountain fortress of Masada in Israel after authorities told him that he could not land his helicopter on top of the UNESCO-listed site.

Instead, Trump will now deliver a speech at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. It comes after an Israeli Air Force (IAF) regulation that prevents helicopters landing at the summit of the Masada site, according to Israel’s Channel 2 broadcaster.

Unlike former presidents who have made the trip, such as George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, Trump declined to land the helicopter at a base of the historic site and then take the cable car up, preferring to cancel the visit altogether.

Embarrassing. He hasn't even left yet and already his foreign trip is a mess for relations.

sangreal

I'm torn between wanting this scandal to accelerate to the point of resignation/impeachment, and wanting it to get drawn out so long that it tears down as much of the GOP as it can.

This is all with the assumption that the FBI has something rock-solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom