• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also like I said the other day, Hillary is a political ghost. She's not running for President again and who gives a fuck, nationally, if she ran for something in NY (which she won't).

I don't doubt this is still red meat but the returns are diminishing. What's the angle, get out and vote in 2018 so we can keep hassling Hillary Clinton for the hell of it?* And anyway the Benghazi hearing was her best news cycle!

*not saying there's zero base support for that, mind you

Lieberman????

This is like Henry Clay continually popping up for the like the entire first 100 years of US history

Pixieking

Banned
I wonder if even the base has the stomach for hassling Hillary, if she becomes simply a fundraiser for activist organisations and nothing more. At some stage, they have to realise it's just harassing an old lady, surely?

kirblar

I wonder if even the base has the stomach for hassling Hillary, if she becomes simply a fundraiser for activist organisations and nothing more. At some stage, they have to realise it's just harassing an old lady, surely?
If by the "base" you mean angry young men, then yes.

If by the "base" you mean the actual base of the party (women and minoriites), then no.

Republicans are nothing if not and endless font of cruelty, so yeah, I imagine they're down for it.

Pixieking

Banned
If by the "base" you mean angry young men, then yes.

If by the "base" you mean the actual base of the party (women and minoriites), then no.

Angry young men are only...

No, actually, I can't argue that one. Especially not after that "Women are evil! My mom made me take diarrhea medicine and now I'm anti-feminist" screencap a few days ago.

I think the strategy of having progressives run under R tickets isn't a bad Idea.

They're gonna vote R regardless, but maybe this time around they'll actually be helped.

jtb

Banned
man Hotline Josh is such a fucking hack

@HotlineJosh
Litmus test of Dem pragmatism: How they view Joe Lieberman.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237291594 said:
I think the strategy of having progressives run under R tickets isn't a bad Idea.

They're gonna vote R regardless, but maybe this time around they'll actually be helped.

huh? I'm confused as to how this is... uh supposed to work.

Kusagari

Lieberman a shit stain that won't go away. He somehow always manages to pop back up when you were just about to forget he exists.

Ogodei

He will get confirmed easily.

Will he? He was Al Gore's running mate. Most talk radio hosts around today were around when that made him public enemy #2 for the GOP, base wouldn't be happy about it, while liberal Democrats dislike him.

He could get through on mid-caucus votes from both sides of the fence, but this would be one of the cases where you get "no" votes from both Sanders and Cochran while folks like Warner and Burr vote yes.

jtb

Banned
Gore started by running to the left of Clinton and when Bush started catching up he went with a conservative Dem. That only confused voters more without helping anything. That campaign was such a disaster.

I thought it was all about shoring up his "character" bona fides and distancing himself from Bill's infidelity.

Will he? He was Al Gore's running mate. Most talk radio hosts around today were around when that made him public enemy #2 for the GOP, base wouldn't be happy about it, while liberal Democrats dislike him.

He could get through on mid-caucus votes from both sides of the fence, but this would be one of the cases where you get "no" votes from both Sanders and Cochran while folks like Warner and Burr vote yes.

He was almost McCain's VP pick. I don't think anyone on the GOP actually gives a shit.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237291594 said:

There was post about just that. A progressive young lady decided to run as a Republican because the Democrat establishment is supposedly making it hard for her to run or something like that.

Anyone has a link to that article?

Edit : Found it https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...s-progressive-millennial-running-for-con.html

jtb

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;237292047 said:
People who vote blindly are apparently the ones at the booths.

Why do you assume people vote blindly at the booth? I think it's pretty clear they know exactly what they're doing.

kirblar

There was post about just that. A progressive young lady decided to run as a Republican because the Democrat establishment is supposedly making it hard for her to run or something like that.

Edit : Found it https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...s-progressive-millennial-running-for-con.html
Democratic Party establishment is run is not supportive of young people who don't have deep, deep political experience or a lot of money to fund their own race
Well yes, we don't like to support inexperienced people who don't have any capability to fund-raise.

This is total entitlement from someone who doesn't want to put in the time and effort and instead wants immediate gratification.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Lieberman's link to Trump's law firm of choice and the same law firm connected with Russia, combined with the lack of any experience for the job, should preclude any Dems from voting for him... right?

polls.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_051817/

The president’s job rating currently stands at a net negative 39% approve and 53% disapprove. It was more evenly divided two months ago at 43% approve and 46% disapprove. Trump’s rating has dropped slightly among residents of the nearly 2,500 counties that gave him a victory margin of ten points or more, from 55%-33% in March to 51%-41% today. It has also dipped in the 400+ counties he lost by ten points or more – from 33%-57% to 28%-64% in the current poll. Trump’s biggest decline, though, came among residents of swing counties – the 300 counties where 2016’s winning margin was in the single digits – dropping from 41%-46% in March to 34%-54% in the current poll.

38% really is his floor and base of supporters.

Lieberman's link to Trump's law firm of choice and the same law firm connected with Russia, combined with the lack of any experience for the job, should preclude any Dems from voting for him... right?

Maybe, but he only needs 50 votes. McCain loves him, Graham too. Nobody in GOP will oppose him.

You know, it's really almost uncanny:

donald-trump.jpg

scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-the-dream.jpg

Why do you assume people vote blindly at the booth? I think it's pretty clear they know exactly what they're doing.

I'm looking at a baboon in the white house because he's on the R ticket.

Thanks.

38% is his floor for now because there haven't been any major consequences from Trump's presidency yet. No recession, no millions of people being kicked off their insurance, no one losing their house to a natural disaster that the federal government grossly mishandles.

Trump's disapproval comes entirely from him being an incompetent, bigoted asshat.

Like this should actually be seen as terrible for Trump because had any of the more establishment Republicans been elected they would likely be above water right now in approval ratings. Why wouldn't they be? Stock market is up and the unemployment rate is the lowest it's been in years. Obama's approval ratings leading up to the 2010 elections were similar, if slightly better than what Trump's are right now and that was while the world was burning down around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom