• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAJNz6aU0AAPtXw.jpg:large

heh

Pence has been busy building a facade of calm and "everything's a-ok because I say so!" thing about him.
It's right out of his playbook. When he tried to do a state run news website called "Just In" in Indiana as Governor for instance and got called on it.

...but it wasn't state run! That was never the intention he says! In fact, he only ever just read the memo about this whole state run thing from the press, after all. *blinks all doe eyed*

Despite the fact that he tweeted about it!

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovPenceIN/status/559892788054351874

Story here:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...bout-state-run-media-in-star-report/22476635/

So what was it about the accusation that was so bad?

Critics of the written plan for "Just IN" quickly drew comparisons to other state-run media outlets like the Russian communist party's Pravda, with one dubbing it "Pravda on the Plains." The national Society of Professional Journalists issued a statement late Tuesday saying it was putting the Pence team on watch.

benjipwns

Banned
Trump can still serve as President as a convicted felon correct? He can only be removed by Congress or voted out at that point?
shit ain't hard to google mang:
Article II said:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

benjipwns

Banned
What do I look like, a constitutional law professor? Who could even understand this legalese.
Actually the part about "have attained to the Age of thirty five Years" is kinda funny if you stop and think about it. Like there's somebody who could go "naw, those five years don't count, you've only attained to the Age of thirty Years. NEXT!"

benjipwns

Banned
Actually the part about "have attained to the Age of thirty five Years" is kinda funny if you stop and think about it. Like there's somebody who could go "naw, those five years don't count, you've only attained to the Age of thirty Years. NEXT!"
why do you always have to give them ideas

To expand, the President can't legally be arrested even if found guilty of a crime. The only way that can happen is if the House impeaches him, then the Senate tries and convicts him, and then they order the Sergeant at Arms to arrest him assuming they can come up with a Senate rule that he broke. In theory at least. It's never been done, and the Secret Service exists to shield the President from outside threats--which can include law enforcement.

This week has been unbelievably bad for Trump but I can't shake the feeling that this big foreign trip will be a true disaster. Trump doesn't want to do it, he doesn't have the patience or stamina for it, he's already super stressed and on edge and I have a hard time believing that his bumblefuck staff have properly prepared for it.

To expand, the President can't legally be arrested even if found guilty of a crime. The only way that can happen is if the House impeaches him, then the Senate tries and convicts him, and then they order the Sergeant at Arms to arrest him assuming they can come up with a Senate rule that he broke. In theory at least. It's never been done, and the Secret Service exists to shield the President from outside threats--which can include law enforcement.

Secret service agents take an oath to obey the constitution, not the President.

Jimmy Dore of TYT released a video titled "DNC Staffer Seth Rich's Murder Tied To WikiLeaks"

It really pisses me off that so many people are trying to use the tragic death of Seth Rich to further their narratives.

benjipwns

Banned
Jimmy Dore of TYT released a video titled "DNC Staffer Seth Rich’s Murder Tied To WikiLeaks"

It really pisses me off that so many people are trying to use the tragic death of Seth Rich to further their narratives.
Is getting pissed off about that what Seth Rich would have wanted?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Jimmy Dore of TYT released a video titled "DNC Staffer Seth Rich’s Murder Tied To WikiLeaks"

You mean the guy that released a video called "Is The Media Failing To Report Hillary's Parkinson's?" during the election is buying into a crazy anti-Hillary conspiracy theory?

That guy personifies exactly the worst of the left.

Is there any actual confirmation of this? Because I always thought the President could be arrested but that it doesn't void them being President (which is how you get Eugene Debs running while incarcerated). I do think that impeachment is the only way a President can be removed from office.

benjipwns

Banned
Other than as a practical matter, why would the President not be able to be arrested? There's no protection from prosecution for him in the Constitution.

Chichikov

Other than as a practical matter, why would the President not be able to be arrested? There's no protection from prosecution for him in the Constitution.
Apparently it's quite a common view that the president can only be "tried" by congress.
Though as always, if we're talking about it practically, it will go to the supreme court and if 5 of them says so then yes, there is protection in the constitution, because judicial review.

benjipwns

Banned
He could just be released into the care of the Secret Service. In a lot of ways a modern President is kinda already a prisoner, dude can't just up and disappear like he's Governor of South Carolina or anything. Whole day is scheduled out, he's watched constantly, basic trips disrupt literally everything for miles.

You can sign and veto bills from a prison cell. Put him in solitary and he can still get security briefings and crap. The commander in chief barely makes decisions beyond a yes or no level anymore. I'm sure most prisoners get Fox News in their cell.

In fact now that we're discussing this I'm coming up with some great new mandatory provisions for Presidents...I'd be glad to start them with Trump.

Vice President is a bit more difficult, he's gotta be able to preside over the Senate.

benjipwns

Banned
Why can't he be prosecuted now?

If Donald Trump strangled Mitch McConnell to death in a D.C. area McDonald's why couldn't he be prosecuted for murder? He'd be acquitted by the jury, awarded the Congressional Gold Medal, etc. but prosecuted none the less.

He could just be released into the care of the Secret Service. In a lot of ways a modern President is kinda already a prisoner, dude can't just up and disappear like he's Governor of South Carolina or anything. Whole day is scheduled out, he's watched constantly, basic trips disrupt literally everything for miles.

You can sign and veto bills from a prison cell. Put him in solitary and he can still get security briefings and crap. The commander in chief barely makes decisions beyond a yes or no level anymore. I'm sure most prisoners get Fox News in their cell.

In fact now that we're discussing this I'm coming up with some great new mandatory provisions for Presidents...I'd be glad to start them with Trump.

Vice President is a bit more difficult, he's gotta be able to preside over the Senate.

that's such a sad story.

If Donald Trump strangled Mitch McConnell to death in a D.C. area McDonald's why couldn't he be prosecuted for murder? He'd be acquitted by the jury, awarded the Congressional Gold Medal, etc. but prosecuted none the less.

Hamburgler has been on the loose for decades, I think there are bigger fish to fry than trump.

I would like a deep dive into the mentality of these Trump voters and Republicans. I know some are desperate because their lives aren't going so well and their pride has been diminished.

But I know some aren't like that. I wonder why they keep supporting a man who they know is so not prepared and is very foolish. I don't know why they tolerate it. Do they think he will stop one day. Hell if they tolerate a President acting this way, maybe it is no wonder many politicians are incompetent.

benjipwns

Banned
benji, do you still think nobody wants an impeachment circus right now?
I didn't say nobody, I specifically said Democrats, as in those in the Party that matter.

We know Republicans don't, I'm positing that Democrats don't because they'd rather try and win the next two elections and the Presidency than fail to impeach let alone convict Donald Trump.

Already completely forgot that Roger Ailes died today. I can already hear his ghost fading away into the background.

"Remember mmeeeeeeee."

It's never happened but it's largely accepted that a sitting President cannot be prosecuted outside of impeachment.

benjipwns

Banned
oh yeah this is the good stuff:
The blizzard of lies and distraction blowing through Washington is not just any routine stuffstorm, but a calculated attempt to bring down a president – our president, not the establishment’s president. And more than that, it’s an attempt to ensure that we never again have the ability to disrupt the bipartisan D.C. cabal’s permanent supremacy by inserting a chief executive who refuses to kiss their collective Reid.

This is a coup against us. It’s a coordinated campaign by liberals and their allies in the bureaucracy and media to once and for all ensure their perpetual rule over us. We need to fight it, here and now, so we don’t have to fight it down at the bottom of this slippery slope.

It’s brazen. It’s bold. It’s insulting to our intelligence. They aren’t even trying to hide their lies anymore. Truth is irrelevant; this is a choreographed dance routine and everyone has his moves. Call it Breakin’ 2: Electric Leakaroo, except instead of trying to save the community center they’re trying to save their power and prestige.
Now, this campaign isn’t aimed at us. Normal people, people who don’t live in DC or NYC or LA, just tune it out. After all these years, and with the help of the web, we normals know the game. We’re woke, as the dorky leftists say.

The target of this constant barrage is the soft and the stupid, the smug and the sanctimonious, the wusses and the surrender flunkies. That’s why you get the girlish-handed likes of David Brooks writing dainty columns that give Trump such a pinch! That’s why David Frum starts using words like “courage” to impugn actual men who have done actual man-things, like LTG McMaster. That’s why Kasich spews his bilious funk of sanctimony and submission, among other funks. It’s all to appeal to the Fredocons, the soft-headed RINOs who are smart, not dumb like everyone says, who just want something for themselves – attention, approval, and media pats on their pointy little heads.

So these fussy ninnies, fresh from having some v-capped crone screeching at them that they will vote to take away her right to have taxpayers fork cash over to kill the baby no man will ever give her, wander outside into a wall of mics and cameras and pause. Then they talk, and when what they say trashes Trump sufficiently, the smiles from the press come, and the nods, and then the faux respect. Now they are no longer mean old Rethuglicans but dauntless heroes, at least in Georgetown, because they are willing to dance and caper to the tune of the establishment.

This tsunami of baloney isn’t aimed at us. It’s aimed at them, the Republicans who are foolish enough to believe their new friends when they whisper words like “honor” and “patriotism.” Some of the marks are real patriots who fall prey to these liars when they couch their bogus narrative in national defense terms. But the majority of the marks are just morons.

When targeting the dummies, the goal is simple. Draw off enough weak, attention-addicted RINOs to make it impossible for the President to govern. Then, hopefully, us normals will shrug, and slink away, having relearned our place. After all, we’re deplorable.

And when the liberal establishment retakes power, and the mavericks and goody-goodies get tossed aside, the bureaucracy, media and the Democrats will conspire to ensure that no one can ever take their power from them again. But they haven’t considered the consequences. We’ll object.

So we have to fight against this cable network coup. Because, if we don’t fight now, we all may end up fighting later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom