• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is what Wittes was talking about, I believe

Comey Is Said to Have Become Unsettled by Interactions With Trump
- NYT
The ceremony occurred in the Blue Room of the White House, where many senior law enforcement officials — including the Secret Service director — had gathered. Mr. Comey — who is 6 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing a dark blue suit that day – told Mr. Wittes that he tried to blend in with the blue curtains in the back of the room, in the hopes that Mr. Trump would not spot him and call him out.
This is simply amazing.

House Republican leadership is agitated after the Washington Post published a transcript from a secret recording of one of the inner-sanctum conversations in the office of Speaker Paul Ryan.

The transcript shows House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy joking with his colleagues that then-candidate Trump and California Republican Dana Rohrabacher were both on the payroll of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"The unknown is frustrating," said one senior GOP aide, referring to the possibility that this wasn't the only private leadership conversation that was secretly recorded.

https://www.axios.com/house-leaders...etings-were-secretly-recorded-2413142464.html

Lol (yes I know axios is crap)

Ah fuck Gowdy to replace Chaffetz in the Oversight Committee.

I see what you did there.

On a side note, Sherrod Brown WENT IN on Lieberman. Amazing:

https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/865335225215209473

DAJJmtfVoAEbbyJ.jpg

The #1 thing I'll miss when I leave Ohio is this man. Every state should have a Sherrod Brown. Gravely voice and all.

If you want to make the case against Lieberman as FBI director, the obvious angle is the Trump law firm. Policy gripes, no matter how valid, aren't really relevant.

Joe

White House budget proposal (dated 5/8/17) was leaked to Third Way think tank...

http://www.thirdway.org/newsroom/press-releases/third-way-statement-on-the-leaked-may-8-trump-budget

(Download link on their page)

Yesterday, Third Way received a spreadsheet with numbers from the President’s FY2018 proposed federal discretionary budget. The budget document is dated May 8, 2017.

“There are a lot of numbers in this proposed budget, but our initial reading is that it is harsh toward the poor and those struggling to reach the middle class. It treats climate change as if it were a hoax. It jeopardizes Americans’ health. And it takes a go-it-alone approach to national security.

“If it were to be enacted, this budget would be a catastrophe for America. But the President’s budget is, thankfully, not the final say in Washington. Ultimately, it is up to Congress to bring more strategic thinking, thoughtfulness, and humanity to our federal priorities."

Much more details at the link.

No clue if it's thread worthy... Probably not until some analysis appears.

They've got some more info on their twitter feed as well https://twitter.com/ThirdWayTweet

ClJaUVT.png

https://www.axios.com/house-leaders...etings-were-secretly-recorded-2413142464.html

Lol (yes I know axios is crap)

Ah fuck Gowdy to replace Chaffetz in the Oversight Committee.

That's actually good news Chaffetz saw the writing on the wall and split and we are now at the point that silly circus panels with stupid republican questions trying to change the narrative are now useless and now Gowdy will have to keep himself from getting in the way of the special prosecutor and the CI investigations it's. He's been given a real shit job where he may get himself in trouble for obstruction of justice if he can't control himself.

Wilsongt

Wikileaks is apparently going to release Liberman emails.

I fucking swear. Time to go back to carrier pigeons and Navajo code talkers.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
An unnamed source, extremely close to the Vice President, perhaps inside him, said "The Vice President only heard the name Mike Flynn for the first time yesterday. There's no way I, err he could be involved in this compromising situation."

Lieberman is a terrible pick. FBI directors serve ten year terms and he is 75 years old, older than Mueller is now. What the hell kind of message does that send?

Diablos

so i'm supposed to believe that the head of the transition team, who Cummings literally sent letters in plural to regarding Flynn's dealings with Turkey, was not aware of said dealings? like, what, was Pence throwing these letters into a fire while chortling to a room full of colleagues that nothing would stop tax cuts now?
Pence needs to be investigated too

That's actually good news Chaffetz saw the writing on the wall and split and we are now at the point that silly circus panels with stupid republican questions trying to change the narrative are now useless and now Gowdy will have to keep himself from getting in the way of the special prosecutor and the CI investigations it's. He's been given a real shit job where he may get himself in trouble for obstruction of justice if he can't control himself.

Or he could just let Maryland represenative and known sharp cookie Elijah Cummings just run the damn thing behind the scenes and look untainted.

Or his foot would need surgery too. I dunno. He was all in on political theater as much as Chaffetz, this is probably slow torture to him too.

Pretty soon trump is going to think pence is angling for his job. And then the real fun begins.

Next week's headlines...today!

RDreamer

so i'm supposed to believe that the head of the transition team, who Cummings literally sent letters in plural to regarding Flynn's dealings with Turkey, was not aware of said dealings? like, what, was Pence throwing these letters into a fire while chortling to a room full of colleagues that nothing would stop tax cuts now?

Yeah I don't get it. Pence's team seems to be clearly trying to keep the narrative that he doesn't know anything, but that really doesn't hold up. If he really didn't know anything then what the hell is this dumb motherfucker doing going on TV with some White House line? How is he the head of the transition team and not knowing any of this? Like, I understand they probably were trying to keep him clean but that dog don't hunt.

Pretty soon trump is going to think pence is angling for his job. And then the real fun begins.
We just need to get Fox and Friends talking about it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom