• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently it's quite a common view that the president can only be "tried" by congress.
Though as always, if we're talking about it practically, it will go to the supreme court and if 5 of them says so then yes, there is protection in the constitution, because judicial review.
Do they like go to arrest him then his lawyer calls a judge and gets a stay? Shit. Then these agents and a hand cuffed President are just hanging out on the east lawn for a few weeks until it gets to the Supreme Court.

Already completely forgot that Roger Ailes died today. I can already hear his ghost fading away into the background.

"Remember mmeeeeeeee."

I'm picturing a Bleeding Gums Murphy / Mufasa scene where Trump talks to Ailes' giant disembodied ghost / cloud head.

Ailes: "Goodbye Donald"
Donald: "I don't want you to go!"
A: "I have to go, it's the circle of life"
D: *mumbling* "should have excercised less..."
A: "Remember Donald, I love you, and...*mechanical breathing* I am your father!"
D: "Really?!"
A: "lol no. Your father didn't love you."
**Ailes' evaporates into the ether**

18527513_1882181778688746_1638177340589149444_o.jpg

Teggy

will anything come of this??

vL6WgNu.png

Well, it's a brown man attacking a white
ish
woman, so you think it would a be an easy call. But he works for a strongman so the right is conflicted, because maybe that means he's the good guy.

As of yet, all that has happened is a semi-strongly worded letter was sent to the Turkish consulate.

sazzy

Sheldon Whitehouse on Morning Joe:

The very act of being asked to write the [Rosenstien] memo will likely be part of Mueller's investigation.

LOL foreign governments got the recipe down:
For foreign leaders trying to figure out the best way to approach an American president unlike any they have known, it is a time of experimentation. Embassies in Washington trade tips and ambassadors send cables to presidents and ministers back home suggesting how to handle a mercurial, strong-willed leader with no real experience on the world stage, a preference for personal diplomacy and a taste for glitz.

After four months of interactions between Mr. Trump and his counterparts, foreign officials and their Washington consultants say certain rules have emerged: Keep it short — no 30-minute monologue for a 30-second attention span. Do not assume he knows the history of the country or its major points of contention. Compliment him on his Electoral College victory. Contrast him favorably with President Barack Obama. Do not get hung up on whatever was said during the campaign. Stay in regular touch. Do not go in with a shopping list but bring some sort of deal he can call a victory.

“If you were prepping people for Donald Trump, the two or three points would be: one, bear in mind this is still a guy who focuses on wins,” Peter Westmacott, a former British ambassador to the United States, said. “He likes to have wins for America and wins for himself from bilateral meetings.”

“Secondly,” he continued, “he is a deal maker, a pragmatist. Third, this is a guy with a limited attention span. He absolutely won’t want to listen to visitors droning on for a half-hour — or longer if they need an interpreter.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
LOL foreign governments got the recipe down:

“If you were prepping people for Donald Trump, the two or three points would be: one, bear in mind this is still a guy who focuses on wins,” Peter Westmacott, a former British ambassador to the United States, said. “He likes to have wins for America and wins for himself from bilateral meetings.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that part

sazzy

I wonder if Donald and Sessions will now appoint a special counsel/prosecutor to investigate Clinton emails all over again...

When petrol companies are telling you to sack up over climate change:

"It cannot be in the interest of the United States to put itself offside for such an important, societal debate," van Beurden says. "... we all want in that respect the United States to have a strong, meaningful and impactful voice at all tables around the world. Pulling out of Paris, in that sense, is incompatible with that goal."

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/18/52899...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170519

Oh Weiner:
Anthony D. Weiner, the former Democratic congressman whose “sexting” scandals ended his political career and embroiled him in a tumultuous F.B.I. investigation of Hillary Clinton before the election, is to appear in a federal courtroom in Manhattan on Friday to enter a guilty plea.

The information has not been made public but was related by two people who have been briefed on the matter and asked not to be identified.

Mr. Weiner will plead guilty to a single charge of transferring obscene material to a minor, pursuant to a plea agreement with the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan, one of the people said. Mr. Weiner surrendered to the F.B.I. early Friday morning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/nyregion/anthony-weiner-guilty-plea-sexting.html

It's right out of his playbook. When he tried to do a state run news website called "Just In" in Indiana as Governor for instance and got called on it.

...but it wasn't state run! That was never the intention he says! In fact, he only ever just read the memo about this whole state run thing from the press, after all. *blinks all doe eyed*

Despite the fact that he tweeted about it!

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovPenceIN/status/559892788054351874

Story here:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...bout-state-run-media-in-star-report/22476635/

So what was it about the accusation that was so bad?
If Indiana was smart enough for Pence, I sure hope rest of America is.
I wouldn't want to be Huma Abedin even if you payed me a million dollars.
Have they divorced yet or are still "separated"?

For those riding the Biden train, look at the gaffe machine in action. You cannot keep up with it for a year of campaigning. I love Joe, but he's just as horrible a candidate he thinks Hillary is. No discipline.

For those riding the Biden train, look at the gaffe machine in action. You cannot keep up with it for a year of campaigning. I love Joe, but he's just as horrible a candidate he thinks Hillary is. No discipline.

Honestly between the two I'd pick Hillary just because I think she'd be a better President. But yeah, Biden probably would have given the Republicans way more ammo.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Getting ready for my big foreign trip. Will be strongly protecting American interests - that's what I like to do!
10:24 AM · May 19, 2017

No comment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Not seeing how that was a "gaffe." He's right.

Diablos

Honestly between the two I'd pick Hillary just because I think she'd be a better President. But yeah, Biden probably would have given the Republicans way more ammo.
Who cares? Biden is damn likable, charismatic and wound have run a better campaign.

Ammo didn't do shit to Trump and Biden wouldn't have manufactured scandals and an FBI investigation looming over his head.

He probably would have beat Trump because he has rust belt appeal and wouldn't have a moron like Mook calling the shots.

dramatis

There's elections going on in Iran.

Probably should be more covered than it is. Considering the American leadership right now, it is probably more dependent on Iran to keep things smooth for the next couple of years.

Who cares?
You can stop there.

Would've this, would've that—No, you don't know that. I'm really fucking tired of people who keep sprouting "what ifs" based on likeability. In the end it's just bullshit, isn't it? When was the last time a woman could shape her public image without submitting to picky male views? A man could do so much more garbage and be viewed as likeable and charismatic but if a woman is imperfect in any way, she's filth.

Joe's likeable and has Everyman charisma. That alone makes him far better than Hillary.

If Trump taught us anything it's that people overlook gaffes if they trust the person.

Diablos

There's elections going on in Iran.

Probably should be more covered than it is. Considering the American leadership right now, it is probably more dependent on Iran to keep things smooth for the next couple of years.

You can stop there.

Would've this, would've that—No, you don't know that. I'm really fucking tired of people who keep sprouting "what ifs" based on likeability. In the end it's just bullshit, isn't it? When was the last time a woman could shape her public image without submitting to picky male views? A man could do so much more garbage and be viewed as likeable and charismatic but if a woman is imperfect in any way, she's filth.
Hillary is a terrible politican just like Kerry, Gore, Dukakis etc. Her campaign manager was also pretty bad. It has nothing to do with gender.

Biden would have won easily if he parachuted into the 2016 race in late fall and landed directly on top of Hillary.

i.e. If you could just magically slot in another candidate without having any other factors change whatsoever.

Similarly, I do think Bernie's favorable were still so high in June and the GOP were so hands off him that they probably would have had trouble dragging him underwater by Election Day. But again, much of that was by virtue of him clearly not winning.

Piers Morgan of all people just wrote an article on the Daily Mail calling Trump "President Snowflake":

Dear Donald, when did the ballsy winner who was going to Make America Great Again turn into President Paranoid Snowflake? Stop whining. Your friend, Piers

Biden winning in 2016 doesn't change the slaughter Democrats would have had in 2018, and the potential major loss in 2020 leading to a bigger GOP majority than now and another decade of comically gerrymandered districts.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/de...ump-frenzy-neglects-pocketbook-issues-n761641

Cooper, who outperformed Clinton last year by winning a swing state state she lost, worries Democrats could lose focus of "pocketbook issues."

"We have to communicate with people that we know we will help," he told NBC News. "And a lot of those people voted for Donald Trump because they were frustrated that their wages were stagnant, that they didn't see their lives getting any better. And it's important for us to show them that we are a better alternative."

This worries me too about Russia, if we don't see smoke from the fire at the end of it.

From Clinton debate prep, avoiding the dreaded Trump hug:

https://twitter.com/PhilippeReines/status/865578947076997120

She made herself look like a stiff, pretentious, fake, boring old lady during the election when she isn't that sort of person at all. She's a goofy, sarcastic, approachable, sassy grandma. But nobody would ever know that about her because all references to that personality are kept hidden...

She needed to ease up on her paranoia of looking weak or whatever and let people into her personality more.

Something like this silly video could have helped a bit if it was released during the election.

Nordicus

I'm not sure why all these people are all surprised that he is a whiner, he has been this way since forever.
President Obama.

Secretary Clinton

"The Establishment"

When Trump bitches about them during the campaign, he's not whining, to them, he's the underdog punching up

Who's there left to punch up to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom