• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he won't drop below 35% it looks like.

Party before country is one hell of a drug

Give it time

Further movement in approval is going to be very slow because it's largely Republicans and right-leaning independents left. The 1% or so per month we've been seeing is actually a lot.

It won't drop below 35% unless the economy isn't doing well,Trump does something incredibly stupid that harms his voters directly, or he takes a long time to pass tax cuts and the rest of his agenda.

When his supporters and other Republican voters start to show more doubt in his capabilities; that is when the support will wane, especially if actions against his campaign people are taken.

Teggy

I mean, I don't believe it for a second, but could you believe the megaton bomb leaked Melanie divorce papers would be.

So, he won't drop below 35% it looks like.

Party before country is one hell of a drug

Is it party before country? This is what they want, and what they think is best for their country. Obstruction, dismantling of government, enforcing immigration laws. Trump hasn't achieved much of anything yet his mere presence as a destabilizing force within government is good enough to impress his base. "He's shaking things up and the establishment is trying to get rid of him." His base is never going to abandon him.

like, for now.

guys, it's MAY 2017
Feels like it's been much longer, but yeah, he's been president for like four months. Still going to be plenty of "aww c'mon, give him a chance!" from his voters.

The Russia thing won't hurt with his base because it really doesn't affect many of our day-to-day lives. When people start losing jobs or healthcare, that's when people turn on him.

My thing with the aproval % is not it can't go lower, it's don't these people care about the dignity and decency of the office? I guess all they care about is "where's mine?"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My thing with the aproval % is not it can't go lower, it's don't these people care about the dignity and decency of the office? I guess all they care about is "where's mine?"

It's not only "where's mine?" though. It's "I need to be a winner and make sure others different than me don't."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mar-a-lago-sinkhole-pay-attention-to-signs
JZxAD1x.png

Trump starts fucking with mystical orbs and the next day a sinkhole opens in front of Mar-a-Lago. He has no idea what he's unleashed.

— Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) May 22, 2017

Alex Isenstadt‏Verified account @politicoalex 7m7 minutes ago

NEW: Fresh GOP polling has party's lead in Montana special election down to 2-4 pts. TIGHT, with Gianforte expected to get less than 50%

Cue DNCC fucked this up in 5...4...3...

Oh boy.

@politicoalex
NEW: Fresh GOP polling has party's lead in Montana special election down to 2-4 pts. TIGHT, with Gianforte expected to get less than 50%

@ForecasterEnten
This is well within error range in specials. Mean error for margin in special House polls = 4.8 points since 04.

Vimes

Was it this bad? Man I must have blocked it out.

I only got exposure to it from GWB-era Daily Show and Colbert Report takedowns, but it was pretty damn bad. There's a case that it's worse now, but "ravenous gaslighting" would still very much describe that era IMO.

Hindl

If they cared about dignity and decency they wouldn't have voted for Trump in the first place. Your average American doesn't care about foreign affairs, or how the US is viewed around the world. They're just trying to get by and have a comfortable life. They don't care how the president acts as long as they're doing ok

So what are the odds on one of the reasons the White House visitor logs being secret now is that Trump is taking in some groupies after his MAGA rallies to take care of the little Don'

Like she clearly is not happy and doesn't even live in the same state 90% of the time. Think there's no way he isn't currently cheating on her.

Not that I really care honestly at this point. But it would be funny to see a sex scandal like that come out on top of everything else and see the GOP twist to try and deal with it after the shit they pulled in the 90s

Bush didn't have the ravenous/gaslight efforts of Fox News and other conservative assholes backing him up 24/7 so we'll see.

Yes, he did . And he had a far more unified republican establishment firmly behind him.

I could see Trump falling to the high 20s, like Truman and W. Regardless he's going to be underwater with no sign of recovery, despite the economy being decent/good. How can you recover when every other week produces a news disaster, often self inflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom