• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAb-3W0XYAAkwhL.jpg

I saw a rumor going around that the only reason Trump wanted Lieberman as head of the FBI was because since he represented Donny in the past, there was an ethic violation in attempting to investigate him. Does that really hold water? Wouldn't that just create another special investigation?

I saw a rumor going around that the only reason Trump wanted Lieberman as head of the FBI was because since he represented Donny in the past, there was an ethic violation in attempting to investigate him. Does that really hold water? Wouldn't that just create another special investigation?

FBI Director doesn't have control over the investigation at this point.

oh man.

http://www.myajc.com/news/state--re...ters-with-more-coming/JngfyKxyryRWupkDcnTVsN/

More than 5,500 voters have so far been added to the rolls in Georgia's 6th Congressional District after a federal judge ordered local counties to reopen registration through this past Sunday.

The total includes two types of voter: the newly registered, plus so-called ”transfer" applications — already registered Georgia voters who moved into the district after March 20, when the registration period originally closed.

Several thousand additional applications are still pending, although all three counties that have areas that fall within the 6th District — Cobb, DeKalb and Fulton — have been working overtime to process them ahead of the hotly contested June 20 runoff between Republican Karen Handel and Democrat Jon Ossoff.

No problems have been reported with that work, which has been ongoing since May 4 when registration reopened.

”Everything is still going smoothly," said Candice Broce, a spokeswoman for Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, the state's top elections official.

U.S. District Judge Timothy Batten gave 6th District residents until May 21 to register ahead of the runoff. His ruling came in answer to a lawsuit five civil rights and voting rights organizations filed over the way Georgia handles voter registrations ahead of federal runoff elections, which they say is cut off too quickly.

The suit is ongoing. In the interim, however, the groups made an all-out push over the past two weeks to sign up additional voters in the 6th District. They set up booths at local high schools and in front of grocery stores, and they went door to door, with some of the groups believing there could be tens of thousands of people who are eligible but not on the rolls.

That push was made harder by the fact that it's already a highly motivated — and registered — district. According to a recent analysis by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 6th likely has a lower percentage of unregistered voting-age residents (those 18 years and older) living in it than any of the state's other congressional districts.

”We are absolutely ecstatic so many people have taken advantage of the opportunity to register to vote following our victory in the courts," said Raymond Partolan with Asian Americans Advancing Justice — Atlanta, one of five organizations involved in the suit.

Efforts by his group and the others involved in the suit are now expected to turn to encouraging voters to actually get out and vote. Absentee voting by mail for the runoff has already started. In-person early voting begins May 30 in all three counties.

”Registering to vote is only the first step in the civic engagement process," Partolan said. ”It is equally if not more important to go to the polls to vote."

The 6th District already boasts more than 521,000 registered voters. The impact of several thousand more is unclear, but it has the potential to swing a race that polling suggests is separated by only a few percentage points and within the margin of error for either candidate.

”It's not beyond the realm of possibility," GOP strategist Chip Lake said. But, he added, ”we won't know until the votes are counted and the dust is settled and we can have a definite record-by-record look at who voted."

Before Batten's ruling reopened registration, 12,456 people had registered in the 6th District between last year's presidential election and March 20.

Local election officials said Monday that they continue to work on processing applications and are trying to get through them as quickly as possible.

In Cobb County, where officials had started with a backlog of more than 17,000 applications, Janine Eveler, the elections director, has added a few temporary workers who will also work weekends as needed.

Fulton County Elections Director Richard Barron has had to process 19,200 applications. ”We should be done processing those by Friday," he said. ”We have already had temporary staff on board because we have had three elections so far this year."

DeKalb County Elections Director Maxine Daniels said she had more than 4,000 applications still on hand, ”but we process 1,500 per day, so we are on track to complete all of our applications by Friday," she said.

A ~1200 vote swing would've won it for Ossoff in March.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Whoa. Not only did the SC strike down North Carolina's redistricting maps on the basis of racial discrimination, but CLARENCE FUCKING THOMAS was the deciding vote???

One down, three more signs of the the Apocalypse to go.

Looks like Dekalb had lowest of the new registrants though.

????

Georgia's 6th Congressional District:
As of Monday, counties in the district had processed a total of 5,532 new or transfer applications after voter registration was reopened earlier this month:

Cobb — 1,082
DeKalb — 1,989
Fulton — 2,461
More applications are pending, so the number is expected to grow.

Also DeKalb is the smallest part of the district so it's wildly overrepresented.

Trump was "scared to death" of James Comey, Comey's father says

Former FBI Director James Comey's father says his son was fired because President Trump was "scared to death of him," according to CNN.

J. Brien Comey spoke to CNN by phone on Saturday about his son's dismissal as the nation's top law enforcement officer.
"Why he was fired, I think, is Trump changes every day," he added. "He had three reasons three days in a row."
He added that he isn't a fan of Mr. Trump, whom he described as "crazy as a hoot."

avaya

Few questions.

1. It seems fairly obvious that Trump can be done under obstruction of justice, is this a fair characterisation?

2. How will the process go forward?

3. Also is it right that for the impeachment process to begin you do not technically need congress to start it i.e. a grand jury or special prosecutor can start the process?

Slacker

Awaiting news of our very own Bathroom Bill here in good ol' Texas.

Pros: Prevent an imaginary problem that doesn't happen from maybe one day possibly happening.

Cons: Devastate the TX economy.

I may be wearing a cartoon-style barrel with straps on it soon, but at least I'll know my daughter is protected from a crime that has literally never happened before.

When your legislature looks at the shitshow that went on in NC and thinks, "Hey, we need to get in on that," you may have made some poor decisions at the polls.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
should be worse than last time because of macarthur amendment, right?

Not necessarily. I thought I read the amount of people losing their healthcare may actually decrease because of lower premiums for healthy people.

codhand

Few questions.

1. It seems fairly obvious that Trump can be done under obstruction of justice, is this a fair characterisation?

3. Also is it right that for the impeachment process to begin you do not technically need congress to start it i.e. a grand jury or special prosecutor can start the process?

1. block claude taylor

2. block louise mensch

3. log out of twitter

hope this helps

Few questions.

It's not "fairly obvious", it will be investigated but the words themselves aren't sufficient to convict him.

The article answers your second question.

To my understanding, only the House, specifically the House Judiciary Committee can start the impeachment process.

avaya

1. block claude taylor

2. block louise mensch

3. log out of twitter

hope this helps

I don't follow these people, heard these comments at work today.

It's not "fairly obvious", it will be investigated but the words themselves aren't sufficient to convict him.

The article answers your second question.

To my understanding, only the House, specifically the House Judiciary Committee can start the impeachment process.

OK cool thanks.

Awaiting news of our very own Bathroom Bill here in good ol' Texas.

Pros: Prevent an imaginary problem that doesn't happen from maybe one day possibly happening.

Cons: Devastate the TX economy.

I may be wearing a cartoon-style barrel with straps on it soon, but at least I'll know my daughter is protected from a crime that has literally never happened before.

When your legislature looks at the shitshow that went on in NC and thinks, "Hey, we need to get in on that," you may have made some poor decisions at the polls.

Congressmen in Texas

(On Gun Ban laws) "Now see here...laws won't stop criminals . That's why they're criminals"
(On Bathrooms laws) "This will prevent pedophilia!"

Teggy

whyamihere and Plinko posting diametrically opposed opinions, one after the other, perfectly encapsulates why i read this thread

Plinko is right and wrong -- premiums would go down in the very long run because so many people die/don't have healthcare, but in the short run, premiums would go up. Same thing with the original AHCA, where the shock effects would probably be worst at first.

Ernest

Banned
Oh, what a surprise, a Trump-supporter who's a raging piece of shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7smBUfFF7k

A passenger wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat got kicked off a United Airlines flight from Shanghai on Sunday after he became disruptive, officials said.

The unidentified passenger was boarding flight 87 at Shanghai Pudong International Airport when he refused to comply with the crew’s instructions, according to United spokesman Jonathan Guerin. When the passenger was asked to exit the Newark, N.J.-bound flight, he “became increasingly disruptive,” according to the spokesman.

“For safety and security reasons, local law enforcement was called to assist and the customer eventually left the aircraft on his own accord,” Guerin said.

Because of the disruption the passengers had to get off the plane – which eventually had to make an unscheduled stop in San Francisco to get a new crew.

In a Facebook post, passenger Clark Gredoña described the events as they unfolded. He said the man claimed that because “he couldn't get an upgrade, he's entitled to all three seats next to him even though they're assigned to somebody else

Guess he didn't get the memo that #MAGA hasn't happened yet.

Too bad United didn't beat his ass like they did that other guy from a few weeks ago.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So tucked away in Trump's proposed budget is cuts to child tax credit and Earned Income Tax Credit. Both of those, along with an elimination of PSLF could potentially cost me $55000.

Plinko is right and wrong -- premiums would go down in the very long run because so many people die/don't have healthcare, but in the short run, premiums would go up. Same thing with the original AHCA, where the shock effects would probably be worst at first.

Right, and I thought the CBO took that into account when they made their prediction.

whyamihere and Plinko posting diametrically opposed opinions, one after the other, perfectly encapsulates why i read this thread

Haha...the essence of PoliGAF. Just passing on what I read. I'm really hoping the CBO ends up with a massive number of people without healthcare. I want terrible numbers for this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom