• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

chadskin

@AP: BREAKING: Top House Democrat: Documents show Flynn apparently lied to US security clearance investigators on foreign payments.

5pm won't let us down.

Slacker

Its almost that 5-6 hour. Just be prepared to be letdown.

Finally a slow news day? All right, quick what else can we talk about? How about: Who's more politics-crushworthy - Lauren Duca or Erin Gloria Ryan? Wait what...

WASHINGTON (AP) - Top House Democrat: Documents show Flynn apparently lied to US security clearance investigators on foreign payments.

Oh dang. Looking forward to this dude's frog-march.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Finally a slow news day? All right, quick what else can we talk about? How about: Who's more politics-crushworthy - Lauren Duca or Erin Gloria Ryan? Wait what...

Oh dang. Looking forward to this dude's frog-march.

As soon as I submitted I checked twitter and was like fuck. Hence the two edits.

So the single payer plan in CA covers more than most European plans and only costs an additional $50-100 billion? I know a tax raise is hard to sell but that's incredible.

FyreWulff

So the single payer plan in CA covers more than most European plans and only costs an additional $50-100 billion? I know a tax raise is hard to sell but that's incredible.

people sometimes forget how cheap taxes make things and also when you make a single massive payer that tells you to get your prices down or go out of business

Mr.Mike

So tucked away in Trump's proposed budget is cuts to child tax credit and Earned Income Tax Credit. Both of those, along with an elimination of PSLF could potentially cost me $55000.

The EITC is designed to encourage people to work, alleviating the purported concern of people 'mooching' off the system. You'd hope the Republicans might at least keep that one in tact, but nah.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

That's not going to be a particularly difficult sell considering the size of the CA economy.
I think it's tenable in CA and NY, it will be interesting to see what happens.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's not going to be a particularly difficult sell considering the size of the CA economy.
I think it's tenable in CA and NY, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Cali and NY are probably the only states able to do it on their own, I'm not sure any other states have the economy needed to pull it off. If those two can get it done and working well then it should be a much easier sell on the national stage. Not that the GOP won't try and tear down either state as a result.

Flynn will almost assuredly end up in prison. Still wonder what "story" he wanted to tell, which apparently involved lying on security clearance forms.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trey Yingst
Trey Yingst‏ @TreyYingst

SCOOP: Three White House staffers have been identified for leaking classified info. POTUS will fire 'multiple people' when he returns to DC.

Hmm.

Mr.Mike

people sometimes forget how cheap taxes make things and also when you make a single massive payer that tells you to get your prices down or go out of business

OECD_health_expenditure_per_capita_by_country.svg

The US already spends a lot of tax dollars on healthcare, more than countries with universal healthcare.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rs will be shtting bricks if Montana is close and GA-6 is an Ossoff win

This is fantastic.

One of the biggest catalysts to turning House repubs against Trump would be this.

And, if they don't, blue wave in 2018.

Cali and NY are probably the only states able to do it on their own, I'm not sure any other states have the economy needed to pull it off. If those two can get it done and working well then it should be a much easier sell on the national stage. Not that the GOP won't try and tear down either state as a result.
the issue is less size and more worries about capital flight to nearby states, which would make it help a lot if other states could form interstate compacts with NY and CA to expand it. I'm starting a single payer advocacy internship this week in Oregon (for a regional branch of Healthcare For All Oregon) and that's one thing they've talked about/are hopeful for, that there could be a West Coast single payer system.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He's picked out a couple of fall guys from the look of it.

the issue is less size and more worries about capital flight to nearby states, which would make it help a lot if other states could form interstate compacts with NY and CA to expand it. I'm starting a single payer advocacy internship this week in Oregon (for a regional branch of Healthcare For All Oregon) and that's one thing they've talked about/are hopeful for, that there could be a West Coast single payer system.

Unfortunately I'm not sure about the legality of such a system, apparently it'd be on murky legal footing, but it's probably the only way some states would be able to pull it off though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SCOOP INFO: I'm told the names of the leakers are being run by the Office of Government Ethics, which is why they aren't immediately fired

https://twitter.com/treyyingst/status/866768521925152769

I do not believe this guy. He works for OANN.

Trump's camp likes to talk to far right media outlets, so odds are he was told this by them. How true that is, well that's another story.

My money is on Trump wanting to make a big show of the firings when he gets back to try and take some heat off himself. If I were the NYTimes of WaPo political editor I'd hold a story in reserve so we could drop it on him and ruin his plans entirely.

Slacker

Call me a cynical old feller, but I call bullshit on the leakers scoop. Not on the reporter, but on the president. If they identified someone why the hell wouldn't they be fired instantly before they could do any more damage? Team Trump hoping whoever it is will panic and do something stupid over the next week while Trump is grabbing orbs overseas. 8D checkers and all that. Unfortunately for the Big Orange Baby literally everyone on earth is smarter than him so I don't think it'll work.

And not to mention firing someone "because they're a leaker" would very likely be a huge kerfuffle if the White House can't prove the allegations. Quietly letting a few people go for no stated reason is the way to go. If you're demolishing the reputation of someone, effectively ending their career in politics, you better be able to back up your case with some serious evidence. Otherwise the ensuing (hee) lawsuits will be legendary.

Either way I'll be out plowing my cornfield getting ready for all the popcorn I'll need.

*all of the above with enormous "I'm not a lawyer and not all that smart in general" grain of salt"

RDreamer

lol he waits till he gets back from a trip to fire people who leaked classified info, but fired Comey immediately by letter without advanced warning for "something" that hAppened months ago. Good look.

He waited 18 days after knowing Flynn was compromised to fire him. I'm not sure this logic works on them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom