• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
He waited 18 days after knowing Flynn was compromised to fire him. I'm not sure this logic works on them anymore.
Not implying it ever did. Just thought it was funny "leaking classified intel? lol it can wait till I'm back"

Edit: shyamalan_twist.jpg the "leakers" were the people in the halls discussing the Israeli intel that Trump overheard but was not briefed on but shared anyway. They shouldn't have said anything in front of the president, he's got clearance but by associative property of executive fuck ups they are the leakers no.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Call me a cynical old feller, but I call bullshit on the leakers scoop. Not on the reporter, but on the president. If they identified someone why the hell wouldn't they be fired instantly before they could do any more damage? Team Trump hoping whoever it is will panic and do something stupid over the next week while Trump is grabbing orbs overseas. 8D checkers and all that. Unfortunately for the Big Orange Baby literally everyone on earth is smarter than him so I don't think it'll work.

And not to mention firing someone "because they're a leaker" would very likely be a huge kerfuffle if the White House can't prove the allegations. Quietly letting a few people go for no stated reason is the way to go. If you're demolishing the reputation of someone, effectively ending their career in politics, you better be able to back up your case with some serious evidence. Otherwise the ensuing (hee) lawsuits will be legendary.

Either way I'll be out plowing my cornfield getting ready for all the popcorn I'll need.

*all of the above with enormous "I'm not a lawyer and not all that smart in general" grain of salt"

It also seems like most of these leaks would be coming out of the FBI, not the white house. How much would the white house know about the investigation?

It also seems like most of these leaks would be coming out of the FBI, not the white house. How much would the white house know about the investigation?

There seems to be leakers everywhere.

I seem to recall some Post story that said 20 anonymous staffers at the WH corroborated parts of the story.

Ernest

Banned
He's caught lying to the guys doing his security clearance, which I'm fairly certain is a pretty big crime.
Chicago Tribune article from a month ago

Reps. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said they saw no evidence that Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general, properly disclosed foreign payments he received to military officials or on his security clearance paperwork.

I'm not saying it's not significant. Just saying it was previously reported, a month ago.
What's changed?

SUSA Demos:

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=e944d747-cc05-4608-90db-ed0527267059

Male:
Handel: 43%
Ossoff: 52%

Female:
Handel: 44%
Ossoff: 50%

18-34:
Handel: 31%
Ossoff: 59%

35-49:
Handel: 36%
Ossoff: 60%

50-64:
Handel: 45%
Ossoff: 49%

65+
Handel: 62%
Ossoff: 32%

White (78%):
Handel: 49%
Ossoff: 46%

Black (13%):
Handel: 13%
Ossoff: 79%

Hispanic (4%)
Too small of a sample

Asian (6%):
Handel: 30%
Ossoff: 63%

Republicans:
Handel: 90%
Ossoff: 5%

Independents:
Handel: 37%
Ossoff: 57%

Democrats:
Handel: 2%
Ossoff: 93%

2016 Vote Trump:
Handel: 91%
Ossoff: 4%

2016 Vote Clinton:
Ossoff: 94%

And the most important one:

2016 Vote Price:
Handel: 77%
Ossoff: 20%

SurveyUSA interviewed 700 registered voters using Registration-Based Sampling (aka: Voter List sample) purchased from Aristotle in Washington DC. Of the 700 registered voters, 549 were judged by SurveyUSA to have already voted in the runoff or to be certain to so before the 06/12/17 deadline. Both cell phone respondents and landline respondents were interviewed.

Wilsongt

SUSA Demos:

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=e944d747-cc05-4608-90db-ed0527267059

Male:
Handel: 43%
Ossoff: 52%

Female:
Handel: 44%
Ossoff: 50%

18-34:
Handel: 31%
Ossoff: 59%

35-49:
Handel: 36%
Ossoff: 60%

50-64:
Handel: 45%
Ossoff: 49%

65+
Handel: 62%
Ossoff: 32%

White (78%):
Handel: 49%
Ossoff: 46%

Black (13%):
Handel: 13%
Ossoff: 79%

Hispanic (4%)
Too small of a sample

Asian (6%):
Handel: 30%
Ossoff: 63%

Republicans:
Handel: 90%
Ossoff: 5%

Independents:
Handel: 37%
Ossoff: 57%

Democrats:
Ossoff: 93%

2016 Vote Trump:
Handel: 91%
Ossoff: 4%

2016 Vote Clinton:
Ossoff: 94%

And the most important one:

2016 Vote Price:
Handel: 77%
Ossoff: 20%

Nice. It's a shame that most of the voters will be 65+ and Republican because no one can take off work to vote in a special election.

Ernest

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;237716847 said:
That's failure to disclose.

Today's news compounds on that, in that apparently we was lying as well.
Ah. Got it.

Similar to this idiot administration, it's the little nuances that trip me up.

SUSA often has weird cross tabs but their top line numbers usually end up ok in spite of that.

Like said though, it is one poll. I think treating this as a 50-50 chance is best, though I think I'd much rather be Ossoff. Being able to run as your own candidate and brand instead of just "My opponent sucks" can be a huge boost - Ossoff has that, Handel doesn't.

Ernest

Banned
Wonder if Trump is being shielded from this week's news (Comey briefing, Flynn lying) while he's out of country, so as to not rile him up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SUSA often has weird cross tabs but their top line numbers usually end up ok in spite of that.

Like said though, it is one poll. I think treating this as a 50-50 chance is best, though I think I'd much rather be Ossoff. Being able to run as your own candidate and brand instead of just "My opponent sucks" can be a huge boost - Ossoff has that, Handel doesn't.

The vote is still a month away, and I can't possibly imagine Trump and the GOP are going to do anything that makes public perception better between now and then. People hate the AHCA.

Also confirms what David Frum and others have argued: this is going to get a LOT less transparent. Less leaks, little to no (noteworthy) public hearings, etc. Mueller is basically going to strange the senate and House processes.

Things seem to have worked out in the sense that Mueller is a good pick, but just imagine if this was being run by someone who was compromised.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Quietly letting a few people go for no stated reason is the way to go.

Trump is clearly never going to do anything quietly, especially when this is going to seem like an opportunity for him to brag and show how he bested his "enemies".

If you're demolishing the reputation of someone, effectively ending their career in politics, you better be able to back up your case with some serious evidence. Otherwise the ensuing (hee) lawsuits will be legendary.

That hasn't slowed down Trump before in the slightest, and he presumably feels more invincible than ever as President.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also confirms what David Frum and others have argued: this is going to get a LOT less transparent. Less leaks, little to no (noteworthy) public hearings, etc. Mueller is basically going to strange the senate and House processes.

Yet leaks haven't stopped since Mueller came on. More is leaking right now lol

The vote is still a month away, and I can't possibly imagine Trump and the GOP are going to do anything that makes public perception better between now and then. People hate the AHCA.
I'm only trying to temper expectations right now. Inner Aaron is giddy as a school girl on prom night.

Plinko

Now that's a scoop.

How much do you need to prove obstruction of justice?

It kinda feels like this should go a long way:

WaPo said:
In addition to the requests to Coats and Rogers, senior White House officials sounded out top intelligence officials about the possibility of intervening directly with Comey to encourage the FBI to drop its probe of Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, according to people familiar with the matter. The officials said the White House appeared uncertain about its power to influence the FBI.

“Can we ask him to shut down the investigation? Are you able to assist in this matter?” one official said of the line of questioning from the White House.

I feel like at this rate I'll be surprised if Trump lasts through the summer...

Also good numbers for Ossoff. Winning that seat would shellshovk Republicans.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I really do wonder how long they will keep this up. At this rate the case for impeachment will be fully presented to the public by the time Comey testifies.

How much could they have? And how long can they hold attention by dropping it daily piecemeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom