• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
All this is just what they're willing to leak to the public and it's already quite damning. Imagine what else they have in waiting that isn't going to be public yet...

Ernest

Banned
And Trump did this all to himself by asking others to lie.

If he just didn't do anything, he would've been mostly fine.

It's his propensity for lying and cheating, which he could get away with in the private sector, which will be his downfall in the public sector.

We're actually lucky that he's such a fucking idiot.

And Trump did this all to himself by asking others to lie.

If he just didn't do anything, he would've been mostly fine.

It's his propensity for lying and cheating, which he could get away with in the private sector, which will be his downfall in the public sector.

We're actually lucky that he's such a fucking idiot.

"Its worked for 70 years, why stop now?"

The news has literally become must watch TV. I can't say I'm not a little worried about what happens when this is all over.

The next Democratic nominee/president will have to be squeaky clean because you know the media will be looking for some way to both sides scandal no matter who is running for the republicans.

Chumly

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/s20JcIc.jpg[/img]
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/866374018051584005

This is interesting.

So the Trump Admin has fed fake news stories to the NYT in order to justify the "Fake News" charge but the NYT vets the news and refuses to publish it.

What a freaking crazy administration this is.
I want to know how and what kind of fake stories they tried to feed them. I imagine it's in the most incompetent way possible

What does John Oliver call it again? Stupid Watergate? Yeah.

I remember thinking #presidentbannon and Priebus were headed back to commit fuckery just like back in March after the Lil Jeffrey recusal. Luckily we have Live At Five to keep them too off-balance now to commit to a well-ran offense.

There seems to be leakers everywhere.

I seem to recall some Post story that said 20 anonymous staffers at the WH corroborated parts of the story.

I think it was 30. No loyalty is a bitch.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I feel like at this rate I'll be surprised if Trump lasts through the summer...

We are a few months into his term and he's already "exhausted", "missing his old life", under investigation for numerous crimes and adding more each week, watching his public approval ratings decay, churning through appointees, and frustrated/angry from hitting wall after wall in pushing his agenda.

How this doesn't end in him having a heart attack, quitting, or being impeached I don't know.

Joe

What did Trump say about the intelligence community during the campaign that pissed them off so much? All I can remember him saying is that he was smarter than the military generals.

I think the talk about Trump resigning is hilarious. There's no way that egotistical asshole will resign. You can't spin a resignation into a win. At best, he can say the big mean Democrats forced him out. That in and of itself looks like a week move though.

iammeiam

What did Trump say about the intelligence community during the campaign that pissed them off so much? All I can remember him saying is that he was smarter than the military generals.

I don't think the campaign was the biggest problem. When the Russia stuff started getting a lot of attention, and they briefed President-Elect Trump on the infamous dossier, Trump reacted by going on the attack. Invoking the Iraq WMD issue, declaring he didn't actually need intelligence briefings, trying to hint at the CIA reps giving him briefings indicating they resented the Obama administration ignoring their counsel, etc.

Instead of ever dialing back and trying to make peace with/understand the intelligence agencies, Trump has just consistently doubled down on hostility. It's not exactly going to win him a ton of fans.

That a 400 lb man layin on his bed was hacking the DNC. That he loves WikiLeaks. That Putin is a good man....for starts?

Does Trump's plan to end public service loan forgiveness grandfather people in?

Because if not, I'm already dead. I owe $190k and every month it increases because my payments don't keep up with the interest.

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC 35m35 minutes ago
More
NBC News has confirmed the Post report that Trump asked Coats and Rogers to say there was no collusion, a request they found inappropriate.
As usual, other media outlets confirming the big story.

Uh, after sworn in he compared the IC to Nazi Germany and went to the CIA headquarters, in front of the wall of fallen CIA operatives and bragged about his election victory (edit: the nazi comparison was before he was sworn in : https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/819164172781060096)

Oh and he also accused the IC of spying on him during the campaign.

Slacker

This guy is going to crumble under examination.

Carter Page is the number one piece of glaring evidence of collusion in my mind. How else can you explain anyone in the Trump campaign (or anyone on Earth actually) willingly spending time with this guy if there wasn't some specific reason he had to be there? He's the most insufferable prig in the universe.

Joe

I don't think the campaign was the biggest problem. When the Russia stuff started getting a lot of attention, and they briefed President-Elect Trump on the infamous dossier, Trump reacted by going on the attack. Invoking the Iraq WMD issue, declaring he didn't actually need intelligence briefings, trying to hint at the CIA reps giving him briefings indicating they resented the Obama administration ignoring their counsel, etc.

Instead of ever dialing back and trying to make peace with/understand the intelligence agencies, Trump has just consistently doubled down on hostility. It's not exactly going to win him a ton of fans.

That a 400 lb man layin on his bed was hacking the DNC. That he loves WikiLeaks. That Putin is a good man....for starts?

As usual, other media outlets confirming the big story.

Uh, after sworn in he compared the IC to Nazi Germany and went to the CIA headquarters, in front of the wall of fallen CIA operatives and bragged about his election victory (edit: the nazi comparison was before he was sworn in : https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/819164172781060096)

Oh and he also accused the IC of spying on him during the campaign.
Damn that's right, I can't believe I forgot about all those things. That's crazy.

If the health care vote didn't plaster a bullseye on a variety of GOP house members, forcing them to vote on anything with entitlement program cuts would be awesome. Paul Ryan would become a (more) nationally-renowned completely shithead and a name absolutely everyone would recognize. That shit is going nowhere in the Senate, thankfully, if it miraculously survived the House. Even the solidly safe Rs wouldn't want that on their record.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I think the talk about Trump resigning is hilarious. There's no way that egotistical asshole will resign. You can't spin a resignation into a win. At best, he can say the big mean Democrats forced him out. That in and of itself looks like a week move though.

On his current trajectory though, his ego could end up more bruised if he sticks with it than if he bails. He is struggling to spin his series of losses into wins as it is. There may come a time when spinning a resignation is actually the easy option.

I don't think we are there yet, but keep up the physically demanding pace, mental pressure, and ongoing losses, and I could see it happening. His best bet is probably along the lines of "I wanted to keep going but I'm quitting to protect my family from the stress and damage that the Democrats and media have been causing them". Can't make a man choose between his job and his family!

Of course, I could also easily see his ego keep driving everything straight over the edge of the coming cliff. Hence why I said die, resign, or impeach.

the issue is less size and more worries about capital flight to nearby states, which would make it help a lot if other states could form interstate compacts with NY and CA to expand it. I'm starting a single payer advocacy internship this week in Oregon (for a regional branch of Healthcare For All Oregon) and that's one thing they've talked about/are hopeful for, that there could be a West Coast single payer system.

I'm no legal expert but when I was diving into case law about the IPVC, I looked up the situations defining interstate compacts and you essentially have to argue that your compact doesn't step on the federal government's toes. So you have to be a bit careful arguing for an interstate healthcare compact because at some point you may have to defend your compact by saying the feds have no business or interest in healthcare, which we definitely don't want enshrined in law.

Diablos

I feel like at this rate I'll be surprised if Trump lasts through the summer...

Also good numbers for Ossoff. Winning that seat would shellshovk Republicans.
Oh he will last

Welp this Manchester bombing is awful. I feel so bad for those kids. Trump gets a break from the news cycle.

Havent been here in a while. Posted this in the WSJ thread but I think it's better to post here:

I wonder what Hillary would do if Trump ends up being impeached and the Russia thing is proven. The election was literally stolen from her.

PBY

Banned
Havent been here in a while. Posted this in the WSJ thread but I think it's better to post here:

I wonder what Hillary would do if Trump ends up being impeached and the Russia thing is proven. The election was literally stolen from her.

Pence will be president. Rs will control Congress til 2018. Shit still will be bad.

AntoneM

I'm already dead.

Law degree.

If you had gone into a trade you'd be making 6 figures by now, says everyone who didn't go into a trade but likes to act like they are superior because when they went to college it was cheap as fuck. (also, you would have to retire in your 40's, maybe early 50's, due to disability (and then you would be called a moocher) or become an owner/manager)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I've got a better idea: Don't do either.

Seriously, though, as GOP Sen. Roberts said earlier, Senate isn't going to approve cuts to these. It won't happen. I'm hoping we can make a big enough stink to convince them to save PSLF, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom