• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I tell anyone to not call me (businesses/parties/other solicitors) then it should be insanely illegal to harass me by ignoring that request. It's personal but I'd love it if we upped our anti-solicitation laws here in MS nationally. Fine the shit out of these people.
That robocall thing just seems suicidal. Like, even if you're an evil congressman, the risk/reward is so worthless on that issue.

I know it's in no way deliberate, but the CBO report coming in at the standard oppo droppo hour is entertaining. That WaPo intel story though... oof. Now there's something that makes everyone look like a moron.

Teggy

What kinda Catholic are we all assuming Spicer is? I know plenty of American Catholics that don't like this Pope.

DAnWsHBXYAAkqTG

Spamming someone's voicemail seems like it would annoy them more than make them vote for you. But the GOP probably doesn't think like that.
Maybe the robospam industry is promsing in-kind advertising donations to their campaigns. But in general this issue seems tailor-made to piss off literally everyone and please no one.

Vimes

Interesting point from Bad Nate.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-base-is-shrinking/

To the contrary, Trump’s base seems to be eroding. There’s been a considerable decline in the number of Americans who strongly approve of Trump, from a peak of around 30 percent in February to just 21 or 22 percent of the electorate now. (The decline in Trump’s strong approval ratings is larger than the overall decline in his approval ratings, in fact.) Far from having unconditional love from his base, Trump has already lost almost a third of his strong support. And voters who strongly disapprove of Trump outnumber those who strongly approve of him by about a 2-to-1 ratio, which could presage an “enthusiasm gap” that works against Trump at the midterms. The data suggests, in particular, that the GOP’s initial attempt (and failure) in March to pass its unpopular health care bill may have cost Trump with his core supporters.

Ernest

Banned
"Wow. That's all he wanted."

The way Trump treats his surrogates is disgusting. Good luck finding people who will fall on their sword for you.
The easiest time to get people to work for a president is when they're new.
After they've been around for a while, and especially after they've been proven to be difficult to work with like Trump as been, there will be less and less people willing to work for him, or rather less and less competent people, so his administration is just going to get dumber and dumber and they'll be able to get even less shit done. That "$2 trillion" mistake? That'll seem like nothing compared to the mistakes they'll make down the line.

No.

She did what past SoS did... the only difference is she's HRC so now it's bad.

Which SoS had a private server in their house? Also, Powell never ran for president!

She just shouldn't have done it and we wouldn't have been here. I'm tired of reflexingly defending a dumb decision Hillary made because of my own partisanship.

Or at the very least, Bill should not have met with Lynch in the airport. That was fucking horrible and I think was what political pressure on Comey to come out and be as vocal on it as he was

I found this picture from the first Ukraine ceasefire deal. Do you all remember when Putin greeted Merkel with dogs because he knew she had a fear of them? The spat goes farther back, blokes.

That's Putin standing on the balls of his feet (his left foot is more clandestine about it because he has practice doing this) so that he's the same height as Merkel (5'5") even though he lies about his height and says he's 5'6".

Slayven

Diablos

The floor keeps getting lower on Trump's approval ratings. In a few months he'll be hanging around 10% and OT will still concern troll about how he'll always have his base.
I live in western PA and there are tons of people who drive out from the middle of nowhere to work and honestly, I don't see them giving up on Trump anytime soon. Legit silent majority people. They really stand out.

I can see his floor continue to drop but 10% would be a miracle.

She just shouldn't have done it and we wouldn't have been here. I'm tired of reflexingly defending a dumb decision Hillary made because of my own partisanship.

I'm not sure you can definitively make this proclamation. Had she not done this, the GOP would have created another nontroversy. Derms weren't enthused. We still had the DNC / Bernie camp drama. The Rustbelt would have still felt like trying something different. Like we know polling data was wrong and that's half the reason she never visited the rustbelt.

Slacker

The easiest time to get people to work for a president is when they're new.
After they've been around for a while, and especially after they've been proven to be difficult to work with like Trump as been, there will be less and less people willing to work for him, or rather less and less competent people, so his administration is just going to get dumber and dumber and they'll be able to get even less shit done. That "$2 trillion" mistake? That'll seem like nothing compared to the mistakes they'll make down the line.

That "error" wasn't a mistake. It was a lie designed specifically for low-information Trump voters.

If she just hadn't murdered Benjamin Ghazi, no one would have even known about the private email server, either. This is her own fault and no one else's. Next time, don't kill patriots like Ben.

Her biggest mistake was not taking out Anthony Weiner when she had the chance, but at least she was able to get to Seth Rich as...payback?

Teggy

It's up but someone will need to go hunting for the numbers

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 14 million more people would be uninsured under H.R. 1628 than under current law. The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 23 million in 2026. In 2026, an estimated 51 million people under age 65 would be uninsured, compared with 28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law. Under the legislation, a few million of those people would use tax credits to purchase policies that would not cover major medical risks.

chadskin

"CBO and JCT estimate that enacting the American Health Care Act would reduce federal deficits by $119 billion over the coming decade and increase the number of people who are uninsured by 23 million in 2026 relative to current law."

Blader

It's up but someone will need to go hunting for the numbers

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 14 million more people would be uninsured under H.R. 1628 than under current law. The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 23 million in 2026. In 2026, an estimated 51 million people under age 65 would be uninsured, compared with 28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law. Under the legislation, a few million of those people would use tax credits to purchase policies that would not cover major medical risks.

"CBO and JCT estimate that enacting the American Health Care Act would reduce federal deficits by $119 billion over the coming decade and increase the number of people who are uninsured by 23 million in 2026 relative to current law."

Shocker, they still fucked up!

Holy FUCK I didn't see Blader's, 51 MILLION!?!?!?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So it's slightly better than the previous version of the AHCA, while saving slightly less money. Still knocking millions off their insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom