• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

From William F. Buckley to Charlie E. Daniels:

Sen. Schumer, will you do me and America a favor? Will you lay your hand on a Holy Bible and tell America that you believe in your heart that Donald Trump has actually colluded with Vladimir Putin and the Russian government to the detriment of the United States of America?

You see, sir, everything you've come up with so far, and you've been at it since well before the election, has been superficial. And I believe that anything your special counsel will come up with will also be superficial, guilt by association, the fires of triviality fanned and proliferated by a tilted, hate-filled media and super partisan politicians.

Sen. Schumer, what goes around truly does come around, and if, or should I say when, this pendulum starts swinging back the other way, do you realize that Mr. Mueller could actually find a lot more dirt on prominent Democrats than they do Trump and his staff?

You have opened Pandora's Box, sir, and basically thrown away the lid.

Now it’s time to chop the log and let the chips fall where they will.

silvon

Which SoS had a private server in their house? Also, Powell never ran for president!

She just shouldn't have done it and we wouldn't have been here. I'm tired of reflexingly defending a dumb decision Hillary made because of my own partisanship.

It doesn't matter what Hillary did, even if there's no email problem the GOP would have just blown another, possibly minor, error she made out of proportion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yup, that's not passing the senate. And I doubt it would have passed the House if the CBO report came out before the vote.

No way in hell would the moderates jumped on board with those numbers. The only reason it passed was because no one had a CBO report to point at.

Since it saved money over 10 years it could pass reconciliation though, correct? Would a rules change still need to happen due to the EHB modifications?

Does the Senate value seats in government more than they value tax breaks?

Does 119B make up for the losses his tax proposal would have?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow. If you're old you're screwed. My Trump-loving in-laws are going to love this.

I'm not sure you can definitively make this proclamation. Had she not done this, the GOP would have created another nontroversy. Derms weren't enthused. We still had the DNC / Bernie camp drama. The Rustbelt would have still felt like trying something different. Like we know polling data was wrong and that's half the reason she never visited the rustbelt.
You're right in that I think it's true the Rust belt still would have likely drawn to "trying something different", but still. Even if it's not definitive that none of this would have happened had X gone differently, but I think we would have stood a much better shot.

Republicans would have always pushed for some scandal and tried to get some BS to stick but the less you do wrong the more the opposition has to reach in order to attack you. Like the reason republicans were attacking Obama for putting fucking mustard on a sandwich is because they had nothing. Had Hillary and bill not done so much needless stupid shit that did nothing but platoon their and the parties image the less ammo they would have had and the less hoops people like us on her would have had to jump through to defend them.

Yes a lot of Bernie's attacks hurt her but I don't believe for a second 08 Obama would have waived off the email scandal like Bernie did. He went scorched earth towards the end but oh well. It happens. You can't win if you don't do that. Obama didn't take down Hillary in 08 by playing nice or being afraid of what Republicans might say about her if she was the nominee.

Hillary wasn't a spoiler candidate in 08 because she had nothing on Obama. If she had any legitimate attacks on him she would have used them. Obama didn't make us work to defend him like the Clinton's did because he didn't do obviously stupid shit so much or wasn't so horrible at navigating through literally any scandal.

Going forward Id just like to role with people who don't make their supporters work so fucking hard to back them. It should be easy. It wasnt. Nothing about backing either or them was easy over the last twenty five years for anyone on the left.

sw2gGnQ.png

Vimes

Yes a lot of Bernie's attacks hurt her but I don't believe for a second 08 Obama would have waived off the email scandal like Bernie did. He went scorched earth towards the end but oh well. It happens. You can't win if you don't do that. Obama didn't take down Hillary in 08 by playing nice or being afraid of what Republicans might say about her if she was the nominee.

To this day I'm still utterly mystified why he didn't come out as a swinging dick firebrand early, and calm down as it became clearer Clinton would get the nom, but instead did it the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom