• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
To cover his legal fees lol

Making friends:

This kind of shit is why we should remove all special protections for elected officials. It's fine to have the secret service or whatever, but it shouldn't be a greater crime to punch a congressman than anyone else.

It's like how I'm fine with states that want to have open carry everywhere but that shit better be happening in the capital building, too.

Republicans: The party of Toxic Masculinity and Man-Children (that's not the title of the article but that's the argument it makes and I agree)
Josh Barro is also gay, so he has an important perspective here.

Senate Republicans start their version of Obamacare repeal

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/25/senate-gop-obamacare-repeal-bill-238836

Get ready for the Senate version of Trumpcare. It's coming.
You want to move to LA. Your girlfriend wants to move to NY. You do not compromise by moving to Wichita.

Bradd Jaffy‏Verified account
@BraddJaffy

FBI tells House Oversight Chairman Chaffetz it won't yet hand over Comey's Trump memos because of the Mueller Special Counsel appointment
In other words, the memos are very important for the investigation.

Making friends #NatoDinnerLeaks:

Over time, Trump has owned the likes of the Mercedes-owned Maybach limousine and the more recent S600 saloon, according to Goldasz.

"Probably the most intriguing Mercedes which Donald has owned, though, is the SLR McLaren supercar," he said. "It was originally launched back in 2003, back when Mercedes and McLaren Automotive were close partners. The combined efforts of these brands resulted in the creation of a striking two-door grand tourer which boasted 617bhp as standard from a supercharged V8. The only things possibly more striking than that were the car’s Formula 1-esque nose and its big gullwing doors.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-car-collection-2017-1/#rolls-royce-silver-cloud-1

How long do they plan on delaying the reconcilation period?
Someone was saying it couldn't go much into June without causing budget problems, but it feels like every time I thought there was a hard and fast reconciliation deadline, we've blown past it with no consequence.

studyguy

Someone was saying it couldn't go much into June without causing budget problems, but it feels like every time I thought there was a hard and fast reconciliation deadline, we've blown past it with no consequence.

Mid june is the deadline or else it gets kicked to the fall.

Zuckerberg's campaign operation will clearly be the best in political history though which is a bit scary.

Zuckerberg's data and money and control of the media is legendary and completely unheard of.

Zuckerberg's campaign operation will clearly be the best in political history though which is a bit scary.

Zuckerberg's data and money is legendary and completely unheard of.

I've always wondered what would happen if someone put up a billion dollars for a Presidential race. The history of rich outsiders trying to buy Senate seats isn't great.

Maledict

Zuckerberg's data and money and control of the media is legendary and completely unheard of.

Zuckerberg has money and data, yes. But control of the media? He's a joke. He makes wallpaper paste look interesting. You cannot win a primary with such a terrifying lack of both personality and ideas. You need both ideally, but at least one is necessary!

kirblar

Zuckerberg has money and data, yes. But control of the media? He's a joke. He makes wallpaper paste look interesting. You cannot win a primary with such a terrifying lack of both personality and ideas. You need both ideally, but at least one is necessary!
@dylanmatt

Zuckerberg praising UBI basically guarantees a left-wing anti-UBI backlash right?
@mattyglesias 5m5 minutes ago

Bad news for @MattBruenig who is now a neoliberal sellout.
This is going to be hilarious in all the ways that Trump wasn't.

My only fear about Zuckerberg is him damaging Booker in a debate. Seems like he's perfectly positioned to basically hit him with a perfect retort ("I believed in you, and invested in NJ schools...and you not only showed no leadership you did nothing as the money was wasted etc etc"). Zuckerberg is smart as fuck and a good debater but he's not winning shit...but he can hurt democrats, which troubles me.

Booker isn't my guy obviously, I just don't want to see one of the 2-3 people who can probably win get injured.

For a lot of Dem voters, Facebook is all of the media they consume.

kirblar

My only fear about Zuckerberg is him damaging Booker in a debate. Seems like he's perfectly positioned to basically hit him with a perfect retort ("I believed in you, and invested in NJ schools...and you not only showed no leadership you did nothing as the money was wasted etc etc"). Zuckerberg is smart as fuck and a good debater but he's not winning shit...but he can hurt democrats, which troubles me.

Booker isn't my guy obviously, I just don't want to see one of the 2-3 people who can probably win get injured.
I don't think Booker survives the primary w/ or w/o Zuckerberg in there regardless.

Ernest

Banned
Trump Said He Would Donate Foreign-Government Profits; Docs Suggest Limited Effort

"Complying with the Constitution is not an optional exercise, but a requirement for serving as our nation's President," he said.

Many ethics experts agree the only way for Trump to avoid violations of the emoluments clause is to completely divest from all his businesses. Some have filed a lawsuit, arguing that payments by foreign governments to Trump-owned businesses violate the Constitution.
This entire administration should just be called Limited Effort.

I don't think Booker survives the primary w/ or w/o Zuckerberg in there regardless.

Yup, voting against reimportation from Canada is going to stick with him for a long, long time. He has the rhetoric and charisma, just needs to start appealing more to the leftward end of the party. Not gonna make it through primaries as is.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What the fuck is up with all these celebrities (if you can even call Zuckerberg that) who think they should just dive right into being fucking president of the United States?

Run for Congress or some shit. Get some experience so you don't embarrass yourself and ruin whatever good will you ever had.

Zuckerberg as president (or really any politician) though is a joke. The man looks like he barely survives the average casual social conversation much less an actually challenging political meeting between heads of states.

Ecotic

I can only see Zuckerberg having a shot as an independent when we're in another Trump/Hillary situation when both candidates are loathed, and even then only if he's a good bit older and has beefed up his credentials.

Mr.Mike

I don't really want him to be President, but if he can continue to support the Democratic campaign with all the resources he has after losing that would be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zuckerberg has no expectation of winning and just plans to keep running until he gets it. He might think of 2020 as a practice run and not expect to actually win until like 2036 or something. He'd still only be in his early-50's at that point.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What the fuck is up with all these celebrities (if you can even call Zuckerberg that) who think they should just dive right into being fucking president of the United States?

Because that literally just happened, so now it's accurate to say literally anyone can be president.

Trump won with almost no ideas. A wall, extreme vetting, and free trad is bad, arent ideas. Zuck would lose cause he's boring.

Has Zuckerberg always been a Democrat or is he just running as one? I'm not sure if it's just because he is super rich, but I always thought he a Republican.

Ithil

I don't think so.

Close doesn't cut it. They have to start to actually lose in order for any alarms to go off

Alarms have gone off, the GOP has sunk millions and millions into the Montana and Georgia races both, they've had all sort of people out to stump for Gianforte, including Pence, Ryan, Trump Jr.

All for two R+20 seats.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The current president is a reality TV star.

Because that literally just happened, so now it's accurate to say literally anyone can be president.

Didn't exactly go great.

edit: let me clarify. I did not mean "why do these celebrities think it's possible to do it," I meant why would these celebrities think it's a good idea after seeing what is happening right now.

I don't really want him to be President, but if he can continue to support the Democratic campaign with all the resources he has after losing that would be good.

Agreed. I only worry about Zuckerberg if he is spiteful enough to fuck over the Dems for not nominating him.

Zuck seems like he's focusing his efforts on getting Rust Belt voters so he doesn't seem so coastal elite-y. He probably learned all the wrong lessons from 2016 so he'll likely have awful minority outreach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom