• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spencer got legit booed leaving the briefing today? This amuses me greatly.
1. The piss tape is real.
2. It pales in comparison to most everything else Russia has on Trump.
Considering absolutely everything from the original dossier and other rumors from during and after the campaign have all panned out to be true (and worse!), I'm convinced more each day the tape is real. I'd rather see all of Trump's financial records because that would be far more humiliating, however. A mere kink shaming isn't enough for Trump, however hilarious it might be.

jtb

Banned
Chris Cillizza is the absolute worst.

The fact that he tries to hide his smarmy, nonsensical ~both sides~ bullshit behind a veneer of irreverence makes it worse, not better. These are people's lives, you jackass.

At least Halperin and co. are pretty upfront about the fact that they're in it for the books, the Morning Joe appearances, and general D-list celebrity.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OK, that Trump follower/bot thing is real and keeps rising each hour. None of them tweeted yet. Very, very weird.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I thought it this morning, but I was on my way to work; I really think this is thread-worthy.

It is loading up--hundreds every few minutes. Why? Are they prepping for big news to hit?

It is loading up--hundreds every few minutes. Why? Are they prepping for big news to hit?

Not sure but I hope after Trump goes down months from now the western world convinces social media like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. to start upping their game on blocking bot nets.

PBY

Banned
why is the left the only one who pretends these things matter.

nobody is seeing that and becoming protrump.

dems are the worst

You can think that nobody is seeing that and becoming pro-trump.

You can also think its stupid, and that she probably shouldn't have done that.

Easy.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Tons of bots are suddenly following Trump on Twitter and it's steadily rising

Sounds like it's time for account purging with reCaptcha.
They should probably do that already for excessive number of accesses from a single IP.
But distributed bot-nets circumvent that.

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/869232923928440832

Fox News is amazing. Facts don't matter. Pure propaganda, in the truest sense of the word.

As long as this cancer to society keeps operating I have little hope for the US to turn things around.
If a democracy isn't able to call out lies its not a democracy anymore.
"Decisions" made based on the "information" Fox News provides aren't decisions at all.

Other News channels giving a platform to factually wrong positions and lies in the name of "showing both sides" are at least complicit in this.

If you want to #Resist you should start there.

Fox News is amazing. Facts don't matter. Pure propaganda, in the truest sense of the word.

As long as this cancer to society keeps operating I have little hope for the US to turn things around.
"Decisions" made based on the "information" Fox News provides aren't decisions at all.

Other News channels giving a platform to factually wrong positions and lies in the name of "showing both sides" are at least complicit in this.

Man that D'souza dude.

talk about brain washed. I wonder how it feels fighting for people that will always hold you in lower regard because of the color of your skin.

What a piece of shit.

kirblar

Unless I'm mistaken, Larry Sabato's not some hardcore democrat, is he? Cause he's tearing CNN a new one with their bullshit false equivalency:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/get...uivalency-on-both-parties-fostering-violence/

It's really a shame cause those two anchors are actually pretty decent, but to compare the reporter getting bodyslammed to Tom Perez....saying "naughty" words? Are you fucking kidding me?
Larry Sabato is personally conservative, I believe, but he's incredibly well-respected as a political analyst.

I'm sure many a legislator would shit themselves at the prospect of the legislative filibuster going up in flames. The majority governing party having full unadulterated control would be catastrophic the moment the pendulum swings to the opposing party, not to mention the idea that legislators would be okay with taking the full brunt of blame for failed legislation due to their own party incompetence vs blaming not being able to cross the aisle is laughable.

I'd eat a shoe if it ever went away, but all the same just be glad that legislators are too chickenshit to be pinned to the wall on responsibility when it comes to bills passing or failing.

But hey, legislative filibuster means single payer is the law of the land eventually. GOP knows this.

It's simple, really. Get a filibuster-proof majority in Congress. Vote to remove the filibuster so if you lose seats you retain the ability to pass any legislation you want without interference from the opposing party. When you inevitably lose your majority, vote the filibuster back in before the opposing party takes control. It's not unlike how North Carolina voted to strip power out of the governorship when they lost the election. It's called being petty and amoral, and the GOP currently has no shortage of that.

I wouldn't worry too much for a few reasons:

1) Fox is losing popularity, as evidenced by their ratings dip. I've been predicting their downfall lately and I stand by that prediction. They were only successful pre-Trump because back then they weren't full-breitbart and this could appeal to a wider audience. Now that they have gone full-breitbart they are losing their appeal to a lot of viewers, including moderate conservatives.

2) Trump is still getting hit with death by a thousand cuts. The same sort of constant negative narrative is what caused 60% of voters to hate Hillary and Trump is not immune to such a thing either.

3) The moment Trump actually goes down, so too does the morale of Trump's fanbase. It's the main reason (besides being primaried) that the GOP is afraid to turn on Trump and just make Pence POTUS. They know that if Trump goes down, then Pence is nothing more than Gerald Ford but with an unlikable amount of religiousness to him (Trump's rise in the primaries proves that being religious is not that appealing these days).

The only real problems to worry about for the next 4 years are:

1) Voter Suppression efforts by the GOP. Luckily it seems the Dems are getting smarter about actually tackling those efforts.

1a) Gerrymandering is still a problem that favors the GOP

2) Trump's fanbase are a majority of the GOP voters these days, which makes it hard to win over to our side any GOP politicians that rely on being voted in by GOP voters.

3) Fake News and "political psychosis" is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in America and needs to be dealt. Hopefully there will be ways to section 12 people so we can figure out cures for political psychosis.

Ernest

Banned
Anyone else think it's weird that Trump's twitter account gained over 5 million new followers in less than 3 days? I'm sure they're mostly bots (see below), but maybe that means either he's getting ready for something big, or something big is getting ready for him...

DBFahVEW0AA47o-.jpg:small

barber

The worst about the NATO stuff is that they mess up the money stuff where there are two things:
-Contributions to NATO: which everyone pays and that is paid mainly by Europe in percentage. This is the thing were you could say: pay up!
-Military budget (the famed 2%) which is basically a decent target for the future but has some big problems, mainly what to use it in. Most european countries either dont have an active border to put them in (or work in the international theater enough to make it worth) or are small enough that the amount is not feasible (such as BENELUX). Europe would be better faired by the creation of unified European military weapons (as the union between France and Germany tends to point to) which is something that USA wouldnt like as we would stop buying your shit. So yeah, we should probably add some of the aid / reconstruction funds into the military budget and say "hey we reached 2%" while not doing anything new (well, except unifying standards and stuff).
And really an american saying it is good to be an alliance of equals after all the shit they have done to be the top dog? That guy really has no idea (or is paid to make it sound good) about what it would mean for America to lose its dominance.
EDIT: come from a country were we dont get even close to the 2% but end up buying stupid useless stuff from America just to be nice with them. Had gone into stupid wars with them and still pretty sure Trump would confuse us with other ones.

wtf Kathy? That shit's not helping anyone. Even in an uberliberal "hey, that's just marginally a creative freedom of expression" manner, that's pointless. Twitter is full of examples of Republicans calling similar stuff free speech, but this isn't a situation where "both sides" is a welcomed defense--It just makes you look a little bit less horrible.
It was locked by Modbot.
Conflict of interest
lol

Things I believe to be true:

1. The piss tape is real.
2. It pales in comparison to most everything else Russia has on Trump.

One of the reasons I believe it's real is the rumor that he wasn't a part of it directly; they were supposedly pissing on a bed Obama slept in.

This was mentioned before Trump dug down on destroying everything Obama helped put in place, even school lunch plans.

It seems like exactly the type of thing Putin would set up to amuse Trump, knowing how much he despised Obama.

If the Tories blow it I think we can write off 2016 as just being the worst year ever and the universe just course corrected at the beginning of this year

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Anyone else think it's weird that Trump's twitter account gained over 5 million new followers in less than 3 days? I'm sure they're mostly bots (see below), but maybe that means either he's getting ready for something big, or something big is getting ready for him...

What would having more followers on Twitter do for him to be ready for something big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom