• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had any kind of power, I would create a group of serious, old school and rational republicans to say "enough is enough" and build bipartisan support for changing the party and undoing some of this damage.

But even Lindsay Graham started saying Russia stuff might be fake news (Jared backchannel story).

I think that party is too far gone for restoration or recovery. They may continue to win on gerrymandering and razor thin racism margins for a couple of decades, but demographics are going to kill that party and nobody is doing anything to make it better.

Democrats hand wringing themselves into a tizzy trying to come up with "one simple message."

I don't want a party that operates on "one simple message" and I vote for a party that bases policy on rationality and real-world complexity.
Demographics are not going to kill the GOP. People need to stop banking on that. In fact the more the party lines are divided on race the better it is for them

@MikeLevinCA
Yes, this is really @DarrellIssa on the roof of his district office building. Too afraid to come speak with assembled constituents below.

DBF3NoAVYAAQ-yK.jpg

iammeiam

I feel like that being their go-to example of fake news is a good example of how terrible Spicer is at his job. There's no unnamed unaccountable source behind the "Trump not listening to a translator" thing; his rant is not tied to his example at all.

Edit: Oh my god he left on that note.

Trump is not going to be happy at all.

Pedrito

Sean looked so sad today. You'd think he'd be a better mood after such an historical trip that got such superlative reviews from the likes of Newt Gingrich.

Is it the Pope thing?

This guy is seriously the absolute worst. Its also hilarious to see the replies tearing him apart. Here's the follow up:

@CillizzaCNN

Dear Outrage Police: The tweet about Montana was dumb. I've done dumb things before. I'll do them again. All I can do is try to do better.
@michaelbirnbaum

I did, Chris: I kept thinking about how violence against press in the US is looking like other parts of the world I've covered, like Russia
Chris Cillizza @CillizzaCNN
Did you spend a second over Memorial Day weekend thinking of Greg Gianforte's choke slam?

Me neither. Which means Republicans
He's been cleaning up his act all morning. Fire this guy already.

Has any credible source besides the dossier, the majority of which seems credible, mentioned the tape, or do we just get generic statements about "compromising material"? I want to believe so badly.

So just for clarification, what are the extent of Mueller's abilities as independent prosecutor? More specifically, what can he do directly to Trump?

So just for clarification, what are the extent of Mueller's abilities as independent prosecutor? More specifically, what can he do directly to Trump?

He can compel Trump to hand over materials and maybe force an interview (not sure about the interview). He can't press charges against Trump. Most Constitutional scholars agree that you can't indict a sitting President. The only Constitutional method to deal with a President who has broken the law is impeachment. Trump can also probably pardon himself from any federal charges, but not state charges.

GTI Guy

Has any credible source besides the dossier, the majority of which seems credible, mentioned the tape, or do we just get generic statements about "compromising material"? I want to believe so badly.

I think the only thing I've seen is there was some financial stuff that they could use against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom