• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shock, SHOCKED, by Trump's inability to shut the fuck up and put down Twitter for even a couple days.
I can't even imagine what it's like this morning for the WH legal team.

@realDonaldTrump:
Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

Wow

I don't now why people are freaking out about this. It's just like when Tony Blair called Giuliani a schoolyard bitch right after 9/11

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b0c242ca259bda?5el&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot

g58x9XX.jpg
Amazing.

...but... it's his executive order. He issued it, not the DOJ.

The DoJ could have in theory elevated the original order to the SC. Maybe the thought they would have more cover to argue the second one since it was "revised"

Trump fire bombing that (already thin) cover directly from his phone this morning.

Edit: Also clear trump never liked the revised ban and got sold on it by his handlers that it would pass muster in the "watered down" form.

Honestly think he is just trying to change the news cycle the best he can this week. He does not want Comey to be the news of the week which it clearly will be.

Makes sense given all the typical punching bags Trump included in the tweet. It's gonna be a long week.

There's usually distraction fuckery every week.

There's always distraction fuckery in a week with Congressional hearings.

He's got an entire team now entirely devoted to establishing acts of distruction fuckery.

Always keep this in mind.

Good shit. I hope Trump continues to hurt May and her band of a-holes.

Oh, I'm bettin' she's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal glad to have held hands with him now. Too bad Corbyn seems too much a head-in-the-clouds twit to take advantage of it from a leadership position though.

Trump comes out for an infrastructure speech. Starts with comments about the VA. Yes, really.

...Yeah, it's pretty clear this crowd has been coached to be as overly complementary as possible, including a standing ovation for electronic medical records.

Trump comes out for an infrastructure speech. Starts with comments about the VA. Yes, really.

...Yeah, it's pretty clear this crowd has been coached to be as overly complementary as possible, including a standing ovation for electronic medical records.

I think I'd rather have that over listening to him discuss how he plans on privatizing as much federally controlled infrastructure as possible...

All the complementary clapping in the world isn't going to rub the stench of this week off of him. Expect everything to get more and more erratic as Thursday looms.

I am shock, SHOCKED, by Trump's inability to shut the fuck up and put down Twitter for even a couple days.

I really don't see how his tweets could be excluded from any court proceeding involving his EOs. Things like AHCA, sure, but his comments on his own order are kinda relevant to the intended scope of the order!

Teggy

Man, trump is going to be pissed if he doesn't get to ride in the Queen's carriage.

You know, there's nothing the middle class has been asking for more than privatization of air traffic control.

I think we're gonna see some fireworks in the committees investigating Trump this week. Expect many more unhinged tweets. His filter goes off, strategically or otherwise, when he wants to distract from stuff like this. Covfefe

At this point it seems pretty obvious that he's going to outright overrule/ignore the courts if/when there's a terrorist attack on US soil. His lawyers have no doubt told him to stop with the tweets regarding this subject, given what happened in court. He clearly doesn't care because he knows he'll get his way eventually.

I went the other way and interpreted this as his admission that the SC was going to strike down the ban no matter what so he might as well go down in a manner that wins him points with his base.

Ogodei

Never subscribe strategy to him. He's just mad that the courts are getting in his way, and mad that he listened to his advisors when they told him we have to change this to get past the courts. Also mad that he's probably been told to police his language about the ban by the courts.

Teggy

Breitbart actually fired that racist editor. Of course she had made tons of similar comments in the past, so it was obviously only because people finally noticed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There is precisely one thing that nations could do that would have a meaningful effect on Terrorism and that is to actually hold Saudi Arabia to its efforts to prevent its own citizens from funding Terrorism as a religious hobby. And Corbyn is one of very few politicians who has actually stated it that nakedly. It's a populist message and he could actually succeed to some extent with it, but not sure how voters feel about long term solutions. They like quick actions.

Pyrokai

This is fucking terrifying.

There's no coming back from this, is there? Best case scenario we come out on top in 2018, but the GOP will have normalized threats and acts of violence against the media.

Fucking hell.

We have to combat this. How can we? Education? How can the monastery take over the country so easily? In 20 years, will we truly just be all nodding in agreement to our leader with a state run media telling us so?

This stuff makes me so depressed. I don't speak another language and I can't just move to Germany or something. It honestly makes me want to give up on life altogether and just stop trying to "make it" or so anything. Not that I am already....

studyguy

Honestly at this point I can't tell if he's simply an idiot or if he's just sacrificing his EO to his base knowing it won't pass or SC won't bother but you might as well look like you're going down swinging.

The both could be true at the same time, I personally don't see how SCOTUS even hears the case without having Trump trample all over it leading up to and after the case. What is he gonna say if they take the case up and throw his travel ban out with the trash? That the SCOTUS is now wrong? I can see the tweet now

"SCOTUS decision is absolutely horrible for the US, we NEED LAW AND ORDER!"
Maybe a slight at his own justice to boot.

There is precisely one thing that nations could do that would have a meaningful effect on Terrorism and that is to actually hold Saudi Arabia to its efforts to prevent its own citizens from funding Terrorism as a religious hobby. And Corbyn is one of very few politicians who has actually stated it that nakedly. It's a populist message and he could actually succeed to some extent with it, but not sure how voters feel about long term solutions. They like quick actions.
I mean, bombing terrorists hasn't exactly been a short term project and it has yet to yield any results. In a couple years we could have soldiers in Afghanistan that were born after 9/11. I think that would resonate a lot! Especially when the message is "Instead of more bombs to line the pockets of Raytheon we're going to build schools and bridges here at home."

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honestly at this point I can't tell if he's simply an idiot or if he's just sacrificing his EO to his base knowing it won't pass or SC won't bother but you might as well look like you're going down swinging.

The both could be true at the same time, I personally don't see how SCOTUS even hears the case without having Trump trample all over it leading up to and after the case. What is he gonna say if they take the case up and throw his travel ban out with the trash? That the SCOTUS is now wrong? I can see the tweet now

"SCOTUS decision is absolutely horrible for the US, we NEED LAW AND ORDER!"
Maybe a slight at his own justice to boot.

If Gorsuch supports him: "liberal dems on the SC refuse to protect your children from scary browns !!"

If Gorsuch goes against him he goes apeshit and we start hearing that Trump is looking into how to remove a SC justice

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Pomfret 潘文‏ @JEPomfret

David Rank, no.2 @USEmbassyBJ, has resigned, sources say. He couldn't back Trump on climate. Rank had 27yr career including @USEmbassyKabul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom