• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Of course he fucking deleted it.

Our 👏 president 👏 takes 👏 orders 👏from 👏 Putin

It's gross how obvious it's becoming that he's not acting under his own guidance or advice of his administration.

Better a stooge for Putin than someone who cheated God Bernard Sanders.

😒

Chris Cuomo just had one of the most infuriating debates with Sebastian Gorka. It's gonna make the rounds, I think. His basic message was that we shouldn't listen to Trump's tweets because they're just tweets, not policy. It's amazing how evil that man is.

I am going to go ahead and guess that SCOTUS will say that Trump's tweets have no relevance to the travel ban case.
Eh... I dunno... I hit on this yesterday myself but I have to imagine that even SCOTUS have their limits and stuff like this latest tweet-storm has to be pushing it, even for them.

But of course either way, the bigger question will be whether or not they even grant it writ to begin with. Precisely because the lower courts are all in agreement, and because of the whole headache of whether they should consider Trump's tweets or ignore them and what the right decision actually is, there's a very real chance that SCOTUS just decides that they don't want anything to do with this hot mess and refuses to hear it. At least that's what I'm hoping they will do.

Chris Cuomo just had one of the most infuriating debates with Sebastian Gorka. It's gonna make the rounds, I think. His basic message was that we shouldn't listen to Trump's tweets because they're just tweets, not policy. It's amazing how evil that man is.
Yeah, I caught a bit of that, having just switched to CNN when it started (for what reason, I don't know, as I was quickly reminded with why this junk isn't worth bothering with). I just changed the channel immediately because Gorka was just constantly talking over Cuomo and not respecting him or letting him get his points/questions in and I can't stand that kind of stuff when anyone does it, especially when all he was saying was nonsense anyway.

Enjoy!

OK, what is Fox & Friends talking about? Someone take one for the team

At this point it seems pretty obvious that he's going to outright overrule/ignore the courts if/when there's a terrorist attack on US soil. His lawyers have no doubt told him to stop with the tweets regarding this subject, given what happened in court. He clearly doesn't care because he knows he'll get his way eventually.

I'm still in shock in awe that Maggie Hassan won in New Hampshire yet somehow Chris Sununu beat Colin Van Ostern when literally everyone I met (including conservatives) hated Northern Pass.

Had Van Ostern won he would be pledging to sign on to the agreement as well.

Because NH sucks.

- Vermont

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Trump apparently said the reason he pulled out of the Paris accords is because since scientists can't get the weather report right, this probably isn't, either.

That is the same moronic tripe I hear from backwoods hicks in rural Michigan.

But if intent is relevant, it's from the context surrounding the policy. That's, like, the definition of intent.

nomster

Regarding the travel ban tweets- am I a crazy conspiracy theorist for thinking Trump (and Bannon/Miller) are fine with SC rejecting the ban so they can beat up on the courts along with the media for the next three years?

Regarding the travel ban tweets- am I a crazy conspiracy theorist for thinking Trump (and Bannon/Miller) are fine with SC rejecting the ban so they can beat up on the courts along with the media for the next three years?
Bannon maybe. Trump doesn't think ahead at all. He's just mad.

chadskin

@realDonaldTrump:
Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

Wow

Teggy

Trump complaining that democrats are obstructing nominations he hasn't even made and that they can't filibuster.

It's exasperating.

Teggy

@realDonaldTrump:
Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

Wow

Actual quote btw

“Londoners will see an increased police presence today & over the course of the next few days. There's no reason to be alarmed.”

Trump RRRREEEEEAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY hates Brown/Black/Muslim people doesn't he?

I don't even know that it goes THAT deep, he just doesn't give a shit about them, only being right and being praised for being a "decisive leader" because he can think only in the bluntest, most obvious strokes imaginable. He's your racist uncle who imbibed deeply of the "we got attacked because Islam hates our freedom" juice after 9/11 and wonders why anybody has a problem with profiling because it's so obviously the right solution to solving the problem.

Eh... I dunno... I hit on this yesterday myself but I have to imagine that even SCOTUS have their limits and stuff like this latest tweet-storm has to be pushing it, even for them.

But of course either way, the bigger question will be whether or not they even grant it writ to begin with. Precisely because the lower courts are all in agreement, and because of the whole headache of whether they should consider Trump's tweets or ignore them and what the right decision actually is, there's a very real chance that SCOTUS just decides that they don't want anything to do with this hot mess and refuses to hear it. At least that's what I'm hoping they will do.

Court has 5 conservatives and these conservatives are going to want to give a Republican President power to control immigration.

I'm still in shock in awe that Maggie Hassan won in New Hampshire yet somehow Chris Sununu beat Colin Van Ostern when literally everyone I met (including conservatives) hated Northern Pass.

Had Van Ostern won he would be pledging to sign on to the agreement as well.
At least NH gets a do-over next year.

Btw SCOTUS ruled on NC legislative maps and affirms the lower court decision that found them unconstitutional. However they also punted on the lower court's ruling to have new elections this year, and a separate trial will be held to determine that. If we can get them timed with the November GE...

SCOTUS reaffirmed NC districts as a racial gerrymander. But struck down order for special elections.

Not entirely:

http://electionlawblog.org/?p=92936

This leaves open the possibility that on remand the lower court can conduct a new hearing, and issue a more nuanced order that puts special elections in place for 2017. That will be much harder, now that we are in the middle of 2017, but it is not impossible. If the lower court orders it, North Carolina may be back before the Supreme Court again seeking a new stay (full employment for NC election lawyers continues!).

Trump complaining that democrats are obstructing nominations he hasn't even made and that they can't filibuster.

It's exasperating.
Democrats should really start hammering home the message now that Trump hasn't so much as nominated a name for a department head of FEMA/NOAA, potentially putting any number of lives at risk during the hurricane season that just started (especially as we never know when the next Katrina could happen and if we're not prepared it could be a repeat of that situation if such a storm appears) and not let him set the narrative that it's them who's blocking his nominations (which they can't fucking do in the first place, since they're the minority party and lack the power). Don't let him win this fight and get his talking points in, not without there even being a fight at least.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b0c242ca259bda?5el&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Coder and activist Russel Neis created a Twitter account called RealPressSecBot, which gained popularity over the weekend by making Trump’s tweets look like official White House statements, emphasizing that the president’s words should be taken seriously ― no matter how they reach the public.

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot

g58x9XX.jpg

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
So Trump's getting mad at Khan for getting tougher on terrorism? That's how reading comprehension works, right?

Honestly think he is just trying to change the news cycle the best he can this week. He does not want Comey to be the news of the week which it clearly will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom