• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those worrying that the Supreme Court would rule in Trump's favor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_v._Burwell

6-3 Decision Where the 4 liberal justices + Roberts and Kennedy ruled that you can't claim that the ACA only subsidizes exchanges in state-based programs just because one line in the law mistakenly said the states subsidize the program.

The decision was clearly saying that intent of the law was important.

Lmo911

If Gorsuch supports him: "liberal dems on the SC refuse to protect your children from scary browns !!"

If Gorsuch goes against him he goes apeshit and we start hearing that Trump is looking into how to remove a SC justice

I really want to see how this all falls apart if Gorsuch goes against the travel ban. The Trump fit will be yuge.

Sharpeye

So NJ is having our governor primaries tomorrow. Phil Murphy and Kim Guadagno seemed to be the likely Democratic and Republican nominees respectively. Not really that all exciting as most folks seemed to be unaware that it happens tomorrow.

Gruco

Banned
Random musing:

I wonder if there's a timeline where Elliot Spitzer kept his dick out of trouble and cruised through the 2016 nomination as an anti Wall Street/establishment consensus.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Or expand the bench. Would be much easier.

Yes, but it wouldn't be Trump's natural reaction. Only if the actual politicians around him convinced him to go that route, and I'm quite skeptical they can convince him to do anything at this point.

We know enough about Trump to know that he would view Gorsuch going against him as a personal attack. He believes that since he put him there, he owns him.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we got all 50 states to join the US Climate Alliance? I know it probably wouldn't happen, but so far we have 10 states that are in. With the most recent being Virginia. And I think there are other states considering to join. A couple of them are even states with Republican governors.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we got all 50 states to join the US Climate Alliance? I know it probably wouldn't happen, but so far we have 10 states that are in. With the most recent being Virginia. And I think there are other states considering to join. A couple of them are even states with Republican governors.

I think we will get more in the Alliance. I think we will see more Southern states going for it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Trump's getting mad at Khan for getting tougher on terrorism? That's how reading comprehension works, right?

Trump is doing it because Khan said some unkind things about him when he was running for President. Trump always carries grudges and never forgets any insults, he always has to get even. London being attacked by terrorists shows that Khan is a loser and therefore worthy of ridicule in Trump's eyes.

When Spicer can make it to a press briefing:

08f2627db3889d35d48018f043d2b109.gif

studyguy

"Why did POTUS misrepresent the mayor's comment"
"I don't think he misrepresented, it was spin"

Trump clearly misrepresents the quote two days in a row and it's spin huh?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
A bar in DC is opening 930 am on Thursday for Comey.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1481781788562648/

Come on... you know you want to watch the drama unfold this Thursday. We will be opening early at Shaw's Tavern at 9:30am and the hearing starts at 10am on all 5 tv's with sound.
We will feature $5 Russian Vodka flavors and our "FBI" sandwich for $10.
Grab your friends, grab a drink and let's COVFEFE!

So I think it's obvious the GOP would have publicly jumped off the Trump train to a greater extent had the rumored "n-word tape" been leaked instead of the Access Hollywood tape, but am I alone in thinking his popular vote total probably would not have been THAT much more adversely affected by it than by the tape we got? Would that have been more of a line for his potential voters than "grab'em by the pussy", or would they make the exact same excuses for it?

So I think it's obvious the GOP would have publicly jumped off the Trump train to a greater extent had the rumored "n-word tape" been leaked instead of the Access Hollywood tape, but am I alone in thinking his popular vote total probably would not have been THAT much more adversely affected by it than by the tape we got? Would that have been more of a line for his potential voters than "grab'em by the pussy", or would they make the exact same excuses for it?

The problem is that about 40-60% of GOP voters have become Trump's diehard fanbase, and the irony is that they became a diehard TRUMP fanbase, not a diehard Pence fanbase or a diehard GOP fanbase, but a diehard Trump fanbase that would literally abandon the GOP if the GOP turned on Trump.

A bar in DC is opening 930 am on Thursday for Comey.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1481781788562648/

Come on... you know you want to watch the drama unfold this Thursday. We will be opening early at Shaw's Tavern at 9:30am and the hearing starts at 10am on all 5 tv's with sound.
We will feature $5 Russian Vodka flavors and our "FBI" sandwich for $10.
Grab your friends, grab a drink and let's COVFEFE!

It's like the Superbowl of politics. Actually, the only it would be topped is if Trump as President is asked to testify like Gerald Ford did.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I feel as if people are hyping this Comey thing way too much. He probably won't reveal much of anything due to ongoing investigation.

The GOP will double down on it if anything else.

Grym

I feel as if people are hyping this Comey thing way too much. He probably won't reveal much of anything due to ongoing investigation.

yeah. Honestly I'm glad he is testifying. But I expect a whole lot of nothing along with some disappointment and a bunch of "I can't comment on that". But it is another step in a long process that needs to happen, so it is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom