• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical question...

What if they found, beyond a shadow of a doubt with irrevocable PROOF that enough votes were suppressed/invalidated, along with proof that if they weren't, Clinton would've handily won the electoral vote as well?
Nothing..

Trump faces possible impeachment.. but Clinton doesn't get anything..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood

Jeffrey Lord on CNN calls Trump attack on mayor of London a Churchillian reproach of 21st century Neville Chamberlain (meaning, the mayor)

Why is this guy still employed on CNN?

kirblar

This is great but I'm getting last minute Feelings that Northam will win the primary.
I mean, I'm voting for Northam and have no idea what's going to happen cause polling's been pretty all over the map and it's clearly a weird election (in that it's likely not going to be the normal electorate due to the energized Dems.)

That's not a bad statement at all. If you're already inclined to think that western governments are tolerant of radical islamic terrorism (which is almost verbatim what PM May just said the other day) then comparing Trump's tirade to Churchill denouncing Chamberlain's appeasement is reasonable.

The fact that these men were already known to police makes me curious as to how this even managed to happen there. If the answer is "because police can't surveil all those people", then that implies A) there are innumerable people holding extremist views living in London already and/or B) there aren't enough resources to monitor these people, both of which one could very reasonably find disagreeable when it comes to national security.

That's not a bad statement at all. If you're already inclined to think that western governments are tolerant of radical islamic terrorism (which is almost verbatim what PM May just said the other day) then comparing Trump's tirade to Churchill denouncing Chamberlain's appeasement is reasonable.

The fact that these men were already known to police makes me curious as to how this even managed to happen there. If the answer is "because police can't surveil all those people", then that implies A) there are innumerable people holding extremist views living in London already and/or B) there aren't enough resources to monitor these people, both of which one could very reasonably find disagreeable when it comes to national security.

That's the message you're getting from him going on twitter tirades?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you can't make this shit up.
Real winners would know about TOR, if they fancied themselves a leaked / whistleblower.

Did they check this out with their boss
's boss
first?

You want to be sure before a statement like that is just, you know, casually put in a speach.

Edit:
Hypothetical question...

What if they found, beyond a shadow of a doubt with irrevocable PROOF that enough votes were suppressed/invalidated, along with proof that if they weren't, Clinton would've handily won the electoral vote as well?
Absofuckingloutely nothing. This is covered under the "Hack? hack? No take backs!" class in the constitution.

tuxfool

Banned

Err.

What reasonable criticism of "don't be alarmed that there are more police on the streets" can you possibly extrapolate from Trump's tweets?

GrapeApes

Cause mofos are quoting him. Every tweet or discussion about this taint just makes him stronger. I don't even have cable or watch CNN but I can name the Trump ball washers. I'm getting second hand knowledge of these people. If people stop reacting to this we'd all be better off.

Loxley

Geez, Trump trying to see how many times he can tweet TRAVEL BAN today. Still at it.

And you know his aides are banging on the locked bathroom door trying to get him to put the phone down since he's only giving the Supreme Court more and more reason to strike down the ban.

chadskin

Few Republicans were quicker to embrace President Trump’s campaign last year than Jeff Sessions, and his reward was one of the most prestigious jobs in America. But more than four months into his presidency, Mr. Trump has grown sour on Mr. Sessions, now his attorney general, blaming him for various troubles that have plagued the White House.

The discontent was on display on Monday in a series of stark early-morning postings on Twitter in which the president faulted his own Justice Department for its defense of his travel ban on visitors from certain predominantly Muslim countries. Mr. Trump accused Mr. Sessions’ department of devising a “politically correct” version of the ban — as if the president had nothing to do with it.

In private, the president’s exasperation has been even sharper. He has intermittently fumed for months over Mr. Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election, according to people close to Mr. Trump who insisted on anonymity to describe internal conversations. In Mr. Trump’s view, they said, it was that recusal that led eventually to the appointment of a special counsel who took over the investigation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/...tent-attorney-general-jeff-sessions.html?_r=0

It's odd how angry he seems to be over Sessions' recusal. Or is it?

Teggy

Britain Elects @britainelects

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41% (-2)
LAB: 40% (+3)

(via @Survation / 02 - 03 Jun)
Chgs. w/ 27 May.
6:38 PM · Jun 5, 2017

This is insane. Saw a really good streaming ad today that showed May constantly reducing the police force when she was in govt. Wonder if that is having a big effect.

Pence reminds me that I was thinking about how his future career could be ruined by Trump and these scandals.

Picture this: Trump is hit with enough scandal that he should either resign or decline to run again, but he doesn't. That's basically a guaranteed primary challenge. Can Pence reasonably put his name in to primary his running mate?

I doubt it. That would keep him chained to a bad ticket, which would be great.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/...tent-attorney-general-jeff-sessions.html?_r=0

It's odd how angry he seems to be over Sessions' recusal. Or is it?

Trump doesn't care about any position that isn't top level, so the only people he counts on are those top brass. With Sessions recusal, he's essentially lost total control.

Teggy

Ok, now you've really lost me

Louise Mensch @LouiseMensch

Reality Winner is spying for Russia and leaking to America's enemy Greenwald. Lock her up and throw away the key. @snowden caught

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
From the comments I've gathered that just about everyone on twitter has a blue check these days
if multiple verified accounts reply to the tweet / each other in a chain they will filter to the top right under the tweet. I've seen some funny trolling by tag team verified accounts.

Ok, now you've really lost me
Reality Leigh Winner, 25, a contractor with Pluribus International Corporation in Georgia, is accused of "removing classified material from a government facility and mailing it to a news outlet," according to a federal complaint.

CNN is told by sources that the document Winner allegedly leaked is the same one used as the basis for the article published Monday by The Intercept, detailing a classified National Security Agency memo. The NSA report, dated May 5, provides details of a 2016 Russian military intelligence cyberattack on a US voting software supplier, though there is no evidence that any votes were affected by the hack.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/federal-contractor-leak-prosecution/index.html

Atenhaus

This Sadiq Khan fellow should be the PM of UK. I wish I existed in timeline where Obama, Trudeau, Macron and Khan were their country's leaders at the same time.

Okay, I know this is super tangential, but goddamn it seems like Trudeau's entire outward persona is painstakingly manufactured and maintained. Seems real fake at times.

Okay, I know this is super tangential, but goddamn it seems like Trudeau's entire outward persona is painstakingly manufactured and maintained. Seems real fake at times.
Really? That's surprising. I mean he's a politician in the end, that part will always be true. There will be some theater involved. But on a personal level I think Trudeau is just as energetic, likeable and charming in real life from all the stuff I read and see about him.

For people who think that the recent leaker was part of the constant leaks against Trump: WRONG

For people who think that she was secretly working for the Russians: WRONG

What is much more likely:

She was a newbie NSA contractor that thought she could get away with leaking a big scoop to the press that she literally saw was recently as May 5th. The only press outlet that would bite is the intercept because she was not the usual source of leaks and because the intercept was stupid enough to run with a story that would clearly be easily traced back to the leaker. The intercept decided to contact the NSA to have them corroborate the main details (because that's what journalists do), which according to the article they did under the condition that key details were omitted which the intercept agreed to. NSA then was able to IMMEDIATELY figure out who leaked this shit, because it was a goddamn newbie, and turned them over to the FBI, because their reaction can best be described as "Hey what the fuck are you doing? We are still fucking investigating that shit."

Any questions?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wouldn't surprise me they leaked it thinking others might have the info, but tried to get her arrested on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom