• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me they leaked it thinking others might have the info, but tried to get her arrested on purpose.

Honestly I think it's just that the intercept was that fucking thirsty to have an actual scoop that they went with a story that could be so easily traced back.

Like I'm just imagining a political cartoon where Glenn Greenwald is stranded on an island, then he sees a nalgeen full of water labelled "scoop", and he just fucking chugs it all.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Really? That's surprising. I mean he's a politician in the end, that part will always be true. There will be some theater involved. But on a personal level I think Trudeau is just as energetic, likeable and charming in real life from all the stuff I read and see about him.

I like Trudeau a lot, and while there is something a little cautious and crafted about how he presents himself sometimes, I usually just chalk that up to him literally growing up in politics and being keenly aware of its good and bad sides.

Personally, I find it incredibly frustrating that he and Obama didn't overlap longer in office. What could've been!

Wilsongt

That's right, we need a TRAVEL BAN for certain DANGEROUS countries, not some politically correct term that won't help us protect our people!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/871899511525961728

I want nothing more right than than for the SCOTUS to refuse to hear his travel ban nonsense and kick the decision back down to the lower courts if only to watch his jello looking ass melt into nothing but a puddle of incoherent, idiotic, moronic goo.

Teggy

Andrea Mitchell @mitchellreports

SecState Tillerson's motorcade arriving New Zealand greeted by people signaling thumbs down & display of middle fingers for quitting Paris
10:38 PM · Jun 5, 2017

It's nuts that sessions refusal to resign over perjury has been more helpful to the investigation than a straight resignation followed by a clean but evil DA appointment could've been

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, what if Trump is intentionally trying to do as bad of a job as possible, to get more kickbacks from Russia after he flees the nation???

We are thinking he is playing 32D Tic Tac Toe, but in reality is just playing 2D Checkers and is going to make bank!

Voting in the NJ Dem primary tomorrow, sure am glad Bernie helped utilize his popularity by endorsing the more progressive candidates in the race!

/s

Edit: also holy shit I had no idea it was tomorrow until my mom called me lol

chadskin

Now for some good news (unless you want JOBS, JOBS, JOBS) ...

Last month, President Trump visited Saudi Arabia and his administration announced that he had concluded a $110 billion arms deal with the kingdom. Only problem is that there is no deal. It’s fake news.

I’ve spoken to contacts in the defense business and on the Hill, and all of them say the same thing: There is no $110 billion deal. Instead, there are a bunch of letters of interest or intent, but not contracts. Many are offers that the defense industry thinks the Saudis will be interested in someday. So far nothing has been notified to the Senate for review. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the arms sales wing of the Pentagon, calls them “intended sales.” None of the deals identified so far are new, all began in the Obama administration.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/mark...llion-arms-deal-to-saudi-arabia-is-fake-news/

Sharpeye

Voting in the NJ Dem primary tomorrow, sure am glad Bernie helped utilize his popularity by endorsing the more progressive candidates in the race!

/s

Edit: also holy shit I had no idea it was tomorrow until my mom called me lol

Ya, I totally forgot about until a few days ago. It's pretty predictable who is going to be the nominees so it's not that exciting.

Ya, I totally forgot about until a few days ago. It's pretty predictable who is going to be the nominees so it's not that exciting.

Yeah, I mean whether Murphy wins or not he's still a huge step up from Christie and miles better than Guadganaoaoaoaoaoa or Ciaterelli

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys, what if Trump is intentionally trying to do as bad of a job as possible, to get more kickbacks from Russia after he flees the nation???

We are thinking he is playing 32D Tic Tac Toe, but in reality is just playing 2D Checkers and is going to make bank!

I do think he is actively trying to undermine the US, especially globally. I think that's the deal, whatever it is.

I do think he is actively trying to undermine the US, especially globally. I think that's the deal, whatever it is.

I feel like the Bannon wing's Plan B is just to have Trump fuck up so much on his own that he damages US International relations so badly we actually are hit with sanctions or something and the resulting economic turmoil and resentment of whatever nations hit us will allow a more rapid and successful spread of their isolationist nonsense.

Dems are still weaklings on Israel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The key to Dems winning on Israel is changing their stance into a hybrid of Pro-Israel and Anti-Netanyahu.

Isn't it like without Netanyahu the hard-right religious parties would take over the coalition and they'd just straight up start cleansing the West Bank?

Isn't it like without Netanyahu the hard-right religious parties would take over the coalition and they'd just straight up start cleansing the West Bank?
Err sorry, what? Netanyahu's party is hard right, and they've been clearing out West Bank for years now. Only thing that's in the way of Israel's illegal settler outposts are the courts. Netanyahu is no "moderating" force.

The vote was to celebrate the reunification of Israel.

#SRes176 (Commemorating the 50 th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem). The resolution was adopted by a vote of 90-0.

https://twitter.com/SenateFloor/status/871851397872005120

The 10 who didn't vote for it are kind of interesting in their diversity, but honestly, but they may just have not bothered to vote instead of wanting to send a message because these guys have nothing in common.

DBmVBtGXoAEWkNp.jpg

While TECHNICALLY the Lukid party is known for being moderate right wing, ever since Netanyahu became PM they have been mostly voting along with the extreme right.

But I guess my point is that a wedge needs to be driven between pro-Israel sentiment and pro-Netanyahu sentiment. Basically start arguing that Netanyahu is HURTING Israel.

I've been saying for months now that when Democrats take back power, they need to create a jobs bill that invests in training for 5 job areas

I said it in the hearing thread and I'll say it here:

Stop trying to think of Comey as "Good Guy" or "Bad Guy". Comey is neither. He's Varys from ASoIaF and he cares about protecting his Intel.

I said this in the Yates thread and I'll say it here:

Franken is going to be our next Biden and we are going to LOVE IT.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

The issue isn't whether or not Dems are for gun regulations.

The issue is WHO you have talking about guns.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The key to Dems winning on Israel is changing their stance into a hybrid of Pro-Israel and Anti-Netanyahu.

is there a reason why you're so obsessed with what you've said

Err sorry, what? Netanyahu's party is hard right, and they've been clearing out West Bank for years now. Only thing that's in the way of Israel's illegal settler outposts are the courts. Netanyahu is no "moderating" force.

No I mean like, death camps not just relocation. And also like the hard-right orthodox factions that want to like mandate orthodox dress for Israeli women and that kind of thing.

I swear I read that after their last elections but googling isn't showing anything other than that he's with the ultraconservative parties in his coalition so maybe I'm conflating something.

Ernest

Banned
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/...tent-attorney-general-jeff-sessions.html?_r=0
In private, the president’s exasperation has been even sharper. He has intermittently fumed for months over Mr. Sessions’s decision to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election, according to people close to Mr. Trump who insisted on anonymity to describe internal conversations. In Mr. Trump’s view, they said, it was that recusal that eventually led to the appointment of a special counsel who took over the investigation.

It's odd how angry he seems to be over Sessions' recusal. Or is it?
Trump not getting his way and "fuming" and then continuing to not get his way fills me with such joy.

You guys remember "2016: Obama's America"?

Maybe if we create "2024: Trump's America" the political situation will be the opposite of whatever we put in that movie.

sazzy

it seems like Donald has already started unraveling a few days before Comey's testimony

edit- morning joe really tearing into him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom