• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBpOgF2U0AAUpUU.jpg

That seems bad. Wasn't Ossof very far ahead in the early vote? Seems like the GOP is managing to do their GOTV on the downlow.

This is particularly bad because if I recall correctly, the party affiliation is determined by who you voted for in the last primary, then again it can't be that because then it wouldn't show so many independent voters since almost every voted for either a democrat or a republican in the jungle primary.

I guess the key to finding out how Ossof is doing in the early vote would be for pollsters to focus on just polling independent voters.

That seems bad. Wasn't Ossof very far ahead in the early vote? Seems like the GOP is managing to do their GOTV on the downlow.

This is particularly bad because if I recall correctly, the party affiliation is determined by who you voted for in the last primary, then again it can't be that because then it wouldn't show so many independent voters since almost every voted for either a democrat or a republican in the jungle primary.

I guess the key to finding out how Ossof is doing in the early vote would be for pollsters to focus on just polling independent voters.

My understanding is that the "none" gray bar also includes newly registered voters, which has been a huge focus of Ossof's campaign.

It's definitely gonna be close.

Hopfrog

Being that it is June 6th it would be a good opportunity to make a statement regarding the history of U.S. cooperation with our allies in fighting oppression and hate.

But with this president it would probably be some tweet about D-Day being a reminder of how awful Germans are.

Teggy

Age is what stands out to me here. Huge number of 70-75, probably because they have the time to early vote, but also that spike at the 18 year olds.

Significantly more women interesting too, but hard to make any conclusion from that because you've got anti-Trump forces as well as a female candidate.

Age is what stands out to me here. Huge number of 70-75, probably because they have the time to early vote, but also that spike at the 18 year olds.

Significantly more women interesting too, but hard to make any conclusion from that because you've got anti-Trump forces as well as a female candidate.

Polling also has a pretty healthy lead of Ossoff with Inds as well as women polled. Very hard to read the tea leaves for this one, it's going to be within 1-3 points IMO.

Wilsongt

I'm guessing it's Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun?

Yeah.

"Y NO SWITCH?!!!!111"

People fail to realize that the switch install base is tiny because Nintendo is bad at meeting demand for their consoles.

The game is releasing in September. Why handicap yourself and put it exclusive to a console that had barely a flea-sized install base compared to the 3ds?

Beaten by Vertigo.

dramatis

Honestly, the month of May has been on fire to the point where I have negative hype for E3 because that shit isn't even exciting anymore right now lol

Switch is getting plenty of good games, eventually it'll get some kind of Pokemon game. No need to cry now.

Quick question, wasn't old enough to vote in the last NJ Gov primary, is it preferential ballot or only select one for the Dems? If it's the latter I may just abstain because I wouldn't be able to choose between Wisniewski or Johnson and it would be even more likely that Murphy wins if it's only one vote.

Quick question, wasn't old enough to vote in the last NJ Gov primary, is it preferential ballot or only select one for the Dems? If it's the latter I may just abstain because I wouldn't be able to choose between Wisniewski or Johnson and it would be even more likely that Murphy wins if it's only one vote.
Checking the ballot, it looks like it's pick one.

Checking the ballot, it looks like it's pick one.

so fucking stupid, probably not gonna bother then

johnson and wisnewiski are gonna split the lesser vote and Murphy is gonna coast through

one upside to murphy winning is at least he'll have the most funds and resources for campaigning in the general

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah.

"Y NO SWITCH?!!!!111"

People fail to realize that the switch install base is tiny because Nintendo is bad at meeting demand for their consoles.

The game is releasing in September. Why handicap yourself and put it exclusive to a console that had barely a flea-sized install base compared to the 3ds?

Beaten by Vertigo.

Not that I have a huge feeling about this (I never could get into Pokemon), but you do it because it's a system-seller and would increase the install base of the system greatly.

I presume it's based on how you voted in the last partisan primary. The jungle primary seems to just be for special elections in Georgia. In any case, you couldn't base it on how people voted in a jungle primary since it's a secret ballot.

Teggy

Bernie is in the 1% now. He needs to take a vow of poverty if he wants to be taken seriously as some kind of leader of the movement. What a poseur.

This Qatar stuff and constant tweeting is too much for me. Everything is spiraling out of control.

90% of the stuff CNN throws up a countdown timer it's complete bullshit. This time it's 100% appropriate. Even the air networks are showing this. The media knows this is going to be huge.

Ernest

Banned
What good is a countdown if they can't drag out out for at least 48 hours?
Ah. Don't have a TV in front of me - I mistakenly assumed that having a timer meant today, since having a timer for something for more than a day away would be ridiculous. But then I realized that news is now presented more as entertainment.

90% of the stuff CNN throws up a countdown timer it's complete bullshit. This time it's 100% appropriate. Even the air networks are showing this. The media knows this is going to be huge.

It's going to be a letdown. Nothing will come out of it, Trump tweets a "look over there" and we move on.

Until Bobby Three Sticks finishes his investigation nothing will happen.

It's going to be a letdown. Nothing will come out of it, Trump tweets a "look over there" and we move on.

Until Bobby Three Sticks finishes his investigation nothing will happen.
Comey just confirming the content of the memos will be a bombshell that will send ripples everywhere. That's why every network is carrying the hearing.

A lotta hype for 2 hours of "no comment"

If it was gonna be two hours of "no comment" then:

- Why does Comey very badly want this hearing to be public?

- Why was the White House actually considering blocking Comey from testifying?

- Why does Trump feel compelled to literally respond to hearing as soon as each thing is said? (Trump plans to live-tweet-responses to what happens in the hearing during the hearing)

- Why did the White House say they wanted to prepare a "war room" for what Comey was going to say?

I mean yeah, Trump is hoping to tell the Senators what to ask Comey to counter what they know is coming.

The problem with this strategy of course is that the GOP tried to trip up Comey during the hearings before and everyone who tried just ended up with egg on their face.

Wilsongt

- Why does Trump feel compelled to literally respond to hearing as soon as each thing is said? (Trump plans to live-tweet-responses to what happens in the hearing during the hearing)

- Why did the White House say they wanted to prepare a "war room" for what Comey was going to say?

I mean yeah, Trump is hoping to tell the Senators what to ask Comey to counter what they know is coming.

The problem with this strategy of course is that the GOP tried to trip up Comey during the hearings before and everyone who tried just ended up with egg on their face.

They are probably working on the spin to drum up support for going after whistleblowers and leakers after what happened with the Intercept article.

I am honestly surprised the bleeding anus hasn't tweeted about being vindicated yet.

Ernest

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;239354577 said:
Lawyers don't want to represent the President of the United States because he's a stubborn deadbeat who won't pay.

That sentence is not satire.
And not just any lawyers. Every one of the lawyers mentioned in that article is a prominent Republican. Ted Olsen, Paul Clement, and Mark Filip all had high-level positions in George W. Bush's Department of Justice. Robert Giuffra worked in the Reagan White House and was counsel to the Senate Republicans during Whitewater. Brendan Sullivan represented Oliver North during Iran Contra and got Ted Stevens' corruption conviction reversed.

If these guys don't want to represent Trump...

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Comey just confirming the content of the memos will be a bombshell that will send ripples everywhere. That's why every network is carrying the hearing.

Plus now Trump is live tweeting. If Trump says no stupid thing which he will they can easily ask Comey to confirm. This is gonna be a shit show and wish I could take off work for it.

Not sure what changes TBH, pretty much every credible outlet confirmed the memos. "Oh the failing NYT wasn't lying" lol. I can see R senators asking whataboutism questions to get off the subject.

Even if there's a bombshell what's the consequence? Impeachment is off the table.

Ogodei

Party affiliation is determined by whose primary you voted in, and Georgia is an open primary state, so it's a less hard and fast metric.

The high number of "none" indicates a good chunk of new voters, maybe? Or people who have never voted in a primary before.

teiresias

If it comes out that he told Senators what to ask during this dinner and it's ultimately revealed he obstructed Justice I hope every one of them is brought up on charges of conspiracy/aiding/being an accessory.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Not sure what changes TBH, pretty much every credible outlet confirmed the memos. "Oh the failing NYT wasn't lying" lol. I can see R senators asking whataboutism questions to get off the subject.

Even if there's a bombshell what's the consequence? Impeachment is off the table.

Same way we had an idea that the FBI was investigating. Once Comey finally came out and said it was huge news. This is gonna be the same thing and once again Comey is a great speaker. He done this before in 2007.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxHjWYA50Ds

One more!

Trump planning a rally at the same time during Comey testimony.

@AP_Politics

Trump schedules a speech around the same time as testimony by fired FBI Director James Comey
Certainly actions of a man that is not panicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom