• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I got sad watching the emails come up again. Hillary Clinton is one of the most religious people in politics in a good way and she'll probably have to worry about the sanctity of her grave site. These people will never stop harassing her.

But this hearing was great. The headlines are brutal and with all the discord among the right wing media institutions, the spin isn't coming through like they'd want.

She was one of the most qualified individuals in recent history to run for President, and her chances were ruined by a campaign manager that was lusted over by some, her husband being stupid, and emails.

Grym

What did he say?

The gist was accusing Comey of double standards - concluding the Clinton email investigation but still looking into Trump campaign (as if they are 2 sides of the same coin or something?). McCain apparently still has serious questions on the former investigation that must still be ongoing, right? errrr...no senator. LOL blah blah. All in a very senile, bumbling, completely random sort of way.

Also he said 'President Comey' and it was the 'Comey investigation' (instead of Trump investigation) and other nonsensical confusing things.

Diablos

The gist was accusing Comey of double standards - concluding the Clinton email investigation but still looking into Trump campaign (as if they are 2 sides of the same coin or something?). McCain apparently still has serious questions on the former investigation that must still be ongoing, right? errrr...no senator. LOL blah blah. All in a very senile, bumbling, completely random sort of way
Ugh

chadskin

Rubio, when McCain was talking haha:
DB0BX_uWsAAjY73.jpg
https://twitter.com/loopemma/status/872855606604038144

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
AP: Trump election-fraud official running for Kansas governor
LENEXA, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas official who's helping lead President Donald Trump's commission on election fraud announced Thursday that he's running for the Republican nomination for governor.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach gained a national reputation for championing tough voter identification laws and helping to draft state and local laws aimed at cracking down on illegal immigration. He's jumping into the 2018 governor's race only two days after Kansas legislators enacted a law rolling back past income tax cuts championed by Republican Gov. Sam Brownback over Brownback's veto, a move Kobach has criticized.

Kobach, 51, is a strong abortion opponent and gun-rights advocate, an Ivy League- and Oxford-educated former law professor, ex-U.S. Justice Department official and former Kansas Republican Party chairman. He has advised Trump for months, first on immigration, then on election fraud issues.

Before pursuing voter ID laws, Kobach was best known for helping to draft tough laws against illegal immigration, including Arizona's ”show your papers" law in 2010.

Trump named Kobach vice chairman of the election fraud commission, with Vice President Mike Pence as chairman.The voter ID laws in Kansas that Kobach advocated have sparked multiple lawsuits from such groups as the American Civil Liberties Union. He has served as Kansas' elected secretary of state since 2011 and is the only chief state elections officer with the power to prosecute voter fraud — authority he sought from legislators.

iammeiam

The feed of the Comey thing switched to some idiot Trump speech and he's rambling incoherently about Obamacare and us vs them with Democrat obstructionists who wouldn't even vote for the best health care plan of all time.

"When it comes to the elections in 18 we have to get more; we're only up two in the Senate and only a little bit in the house."

He's been getting talked to about midterms, it sounds like.

"They say resist, but they really should say obstruct."

I'm starting to think he doesn't realize the Democrats can't actually obstruct anything meaningful.

So this hearing is exactly what I expected.

People were way too hyped for this.

It was pretty amazing.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There's no words about what happened with McCain there. You need to see it on video to fully get what a mess it was. The point itself was very idiotic, but the presentation of it was just insane.

PBY

Banned
The feed of the Comey thing switched to some idiot Trump speech and he's rambling incoherently about Obamacare and us vs them with Democrat obstructionists who wouldn't even vote for the best health care plan of all time.

"When it comes to the elections in 18 we have to get more; we're only up two in the Senate and only a little bit in the house."

He's been getting talked to about midterms, it sounds like.

It was pretty amazing.
I do need to go back and watch just for the history of it

Spladam

lol

This hearing was better than anyone could have hoped for. Jesus H Christ.

Agreed, this was politcal circus you don't get everyday. I have mad respect for Comey now. I used to think there was some shadiness behind his Wiener email letter to congress, but I'm not so sure now.

Loxley

So that was about everything I was hoping for and expected. The added bonus of Comey calling Trump a liar a couple of times was nice.

I look forward to the Trump tweets.

Blader

Listened to the first hour, but missed the rest due to work meetings (but following along on Twitter). Comey was a lot more forceful and frank than I expected, though I guess not that surprising given his hearing in '07 about the 2004 Ashcroft incident.

So this hearing is exactly what I expected.

People were way too hyped for this.

How about you just tell what us what to do and think from now on

PBY

Banned
How about you just tell what us what to do and think from now on
Honestly don't understand why my post is so upsetting?
Think whatever you like - do you honestly think the revelations today were "the super bowl of media"?
I don't but it's subjective.

iammeiam

So that was about everything I was hoping for and expected. The added bonus of Comey calling Trump a liar a couple of times was nice.

I look forward to the Trump tweets.

Trump giving a speech right now is the most disappointing thing; I believe Trump would have watched the whole Comey thing live on a cable news feed, but now all he's going to see is whatever bits Fox and Friends or whoever plays because I do not at all believe he has the patience to sit through the whole thing. Even if his name is mentioned a lot.

Blader

Think whatever you like - do you honestly think the revelations today were "the super bowl of media"?

I'm not upset. And I don't have to think the hearing was the "super bowl of media" (whatever the hell that means? I think the super bowl of media is probably the Super Bowl) to think it was an extremely valuable source of frank and direct info. The former director of the FBI calling the president a liar and implicitly accusing him of obstruction of justice is a big fucking deal -- and it's a big deal to hear those words straight from said director's mouth, even if it had been reported before. The stray questions that dragged Pence and Sessions into it were also extremely important.

For someone who keeps harping about how Dems are overhyping themselves over expecting a smoking gun that isn't coming, you seem to frame the worth of any and all Russia news on whether it contains that smoking gun.

The FBI director essentially called the potus a liar, and felt compelled to document his interactions because they might be needed in future criminal investigations.

That's insane.

Slacker

Rachel Maddow MSNBC‏ @maddow 24m24 minutes ago
I think what Sen McCain is saying is that FBI should investigate if Hillary Clinton colluded with the Russians to hurt her own campaign. OK.

Please Kansas. Vote a guy back in who will be Brownback #2. It may only take 3 years for you to figure it out this time.

Agreed, this was political circus you don't get everyday. I have mad respect for Comey now. I used to think there was some shadiness behind his Wiener email letter to congress, but I'm not so sure now.

Comey is a fuckin' patriot. In the truest sense. Not in the politicized ra ra sense. An honest to God fucking American who cares about the well being of his country.

A summary from the testimony ?

What I got out of it Trump lied( obviously), Pence knew about Flynn, Trump was focused on the Russian investigation and not others. I know I forgetting a lot more.

kess

I missed a big chunk of the hearing, but the Cotton questioning reveals the kind of intellectional and institutional rot percolating through the GOP. Dumb constituents voting for dumb people who ask dumb questions.

Teggy

Whatever happened to the Qatar fake news story? Is this entire crisis based on a misunderstanding or was that just a minor thing?

Spladam

Please Kansas. Vote a guy back in who will be Brownback #2. It may only take 3 years for you to figure it out this time.

Comey is a fuckin' patriot. In the truest sense. Not in the politicized ra ra sense. An honest to God fucking American who cares about the well being of his country.

With the media and Washington focusing on the theater of all of this, it was refreshing to hear Comey try to remind us all that we're dealing with a serious threat from a foreign power, and we need to get our focus shifted to dealing with that threat. We needed to be reminded that this is a big deal, and the enemy is at the gates.

He touched on how flabbergasted he was that Trump was not taking this serious. and I think that is one of the most profound points of all of this crap.

Alcander

WTF Mccain literally made zero sense. He couldn't comprehend how an investigation into clinton was completed, but the investigation into trump's campaign isn't? That seemed to be his entire point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom