• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSP Polling has Perriello up in the primary by five points.

http://csppolling.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PressRelease-VAPolling-1.pdf

New outfit and their press release seems oddly amateurish so I'm not sure what to make of it. At this rate I wouldn't be terribly surprised by either candidate winning. Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

I feel like Northam is a precision-manufactured Democratic candidate for the like, 2005 Virginia gubernatorial election whereas Perriello has a better finger on the pulse of the Dem electorate right now. Either should stand a good chance in the general but I see Perriello embracing his party more strongly and having bigger coattails.

benjipwns

Banned
Who are you talking to?
I'm sick of this generalizing bullshit without any examples.
How about this. I'll actually stick my radical bonafides out there rather than my play along with the mainstream PoliGAF standard.

Anyone who gives a single shit about taking current action on any combination of two of the following three things: the election, Russian "ties", and Trump personally for any of his behavior prior to January 20th, 2017.

We have multiple people in the White House engaged in open and wanton criminal behavior just like the last White House and the White House before it, etc.

And aside from bitching about a health care bill that nobody in the Senate seems to have proof exists, it seems like the only thing anyone wants is a fucking smoking gun where Donald Trump cockholsters Vladimir Putin as Putin explains how they'll steal the election by upsetting the Berniebros through a game about a world where Feminists defeat Gamergate.

And when people talk about the Democrats winning back the House they aren't talking about starting investigations into actual criminal behavior by the federal government, they want to do the same horseshit Republicans wasted the last six years doing to the Obama Administration in reverse.

#StopTheScalping Trump's isn't one you'd want if you got it.

Obstruction of justice and perjury, which we all seem to be talking about as our grand endgame here, are the charges you fall back on because you don't have any real shit. That's why Bill Clinton and Scooter Libby got hit with it. Because of stupid as fuck investigations that were never going to turn up anything worth prosecuting in the first place.

Meanwhile, how many murders will your government commit or abet today with bipartisan support?

I mean, fuck, we even had a neoconservative convention in here a few pages back what with some people promoting a grand plan to remake the Middle East.

Sorry if I don't log every post I skim while on the john in my Excel chart of forum wins/losses so I can pull them back up for receipts down the road.

You should be happy about that! Isn't people recognizing the fundamental illegitimacy of our government like your primary goal in life?
Everything I've seen proposed is a state solution to an individual actor.

That's not even close to any goal I'll ever have. Politics isn't anything I would consider important in the scope of my life.

pigeon

Banned
How about this. I'll actually stick my radical bonafides out there rather than my play along with the mainstream PoliGAF standard.

Anyone who gives a single shit about taking current action on any combination of two of the following three things: the election, Russian "ties", and Trump personally for any of his behavior prior to January 20th, 2017.

We have multiple people in the White House engaged in open and wanton criminal behavior just like the last White House and the White House before it, etc.

And aside from bitching about a health care bill that nobody in the Senate seems to have proof exists, it seems like the only thing anyone wants is a fucking smoking gun where Donald Trump cockholsters Vladimir Putin as Putin explains how they'll steal the election by upsetting the Berniebros through a game about a world where Feminists defeat Gamergate.

And when people talk about the Democrats winning back the House they aren't talking about starting investigations into actual criminal behavior by the federal government, they want to do the same horseshit Republicans wasted the last six years doing to the Obama Administration in reverse.

Obstruction of justice and perjury, which we all seem to be talking about as our grand endgame here, are the charges you fall back on because you don't have any real shit. That's why Bill Clinton and Scooter Libby got hit with it. Because of stupid as fuck investigations that were never going to turn up anything worth prosecuting in the first place.

Meanwhile, how many murders will your government commit or abet today with bipartisan support?

I mean, fuck, we even had a neoconservative convention in here a few pages back what with some people promoting a grand plan to remake the Middle East.

Sorry if I don't log every post I skim while on the john in my Excel chart of forum wins/losses so I can pull them back up for receipts down the road.

See, this joke character isn't as funny. Go back to Tyler being the best president.

benjipwns

Banned
Plus they'll switch back to finding things legitimate as soon as the criminals they think are benefiting them have a slightly greater share of the visible and public theatre of power.

Is it really stupid if there will be no consequences, tho?

I mean, it's a terrifying thought, but consider: the only thing saving us from a full-on dictatorship is Republicans maintaining the thinnest veneer that they give a shit. But they don't, Paul Ryan has already made it plain that there is not a damn thing Trump could do that would make him start the impeachment process. So, if you're Trump, why NOT fire Mueller?

Except you forget what led to Mueller getting appointed in the first place: the IC and FBI leaks.

If Trump fires Mueller, those leaks will ramp back up again which will put ramp up public pressure again, which DOES affect things.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Every conference :(

There was no way they could surpass last year's conference. Expectations were too high.
The biggest issue was lack of 2017 games. But i'd rather give the games time to cook.
Oh, and VR needed a sizzle reel only with separate conference or event. The advantage simply does not show over big screen media. Everything else was large scale blockbuster with a few hardcore gamer nods. Much was not covered (like Ni No Kuni 2, etc).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There was no way they could surpass last year's conference. Expectations were too high.
The biggest issue was lack of 2017 games. But i'd rather give the games time to cook.
Oh, and VR needed a sizzle reel only with separate conference or event. The advantage simply does not show over big screen media. Everything else was large scale blockbuster with a few hardcore gamer nods. Much was not covered (like Ni No Kuni 2, etc).

Seriously, the Ni No Kuni 2 trailer was exponentially better than anything at Sony's show.

Makai

Oh don't tell me, what happened now?
Microsoft had a better conference than Sony, despite Phil Spencer quickly mumbling "$499." Closed the show with Spiderman, which is almost literally a Batman game. Nintendo's probably gonna show Zelda DLC and call it a day. Game of E3 is The Last Night and we now how that went :|

benjipwns

Banned
When did people go back to believing that E3 could be good
When it moved back from Atlanta.

Then ten years later Konami had the greatest E3 possible and yet for some reason they keep holding these. (Even though that year was the same year Ubisoft spent time on a low rent laser tag and James Cameron explained the entire plot of Avatar in real time.)

It was boring.

But I don't like Sony consoles, I just watch their conference every year since it generally has a bunch of PC games in it, so me thinking it's boring might be meaningless.

Yeah I'm also not a PlayStation guy so I'm not really the audience and I try not to comment on their products since they're not my thing. Console war bullshit is awful and given the state of politics in the world right now, I like for my hobby to be a happy, communal-love sorta thing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Microsoft had a better conference than Sony, despite Phil Spencer quickly mumbling "$499." Closed the show with Spiderman, which is almost literally a Batman game. Nintendo's probably gonna show Zelda DLC and call it a day. Game of E3 is The Last Night and we now how that went :|

Damn, I saw part of the Sony conference and wasn't very hyped. Was hoping it got better.

How did they screw up the reveal of a MonHun game is what I want to know.

royalan

Except you forget what led to Mueller getting appointed in the first place: the IC and FBI leaks.

If Trump fires Mueller, those leaks will ramp back up again which will put ramp up public pressure again, which DOES affect things.

But we're approaching the end of the road. There was still room with the Comey firing. Not too many other places to go if he sacks Mueller. I mean, the IC starts leaking things en masse...then what? You really think that a Republican congress that will refuse to stop Trump when he fires Mueller will do something over IC leaks when they haven't this entire time?

The GOP doesn't want to do anything to stop Trump, and they're running out of covers.

EDIT: Also, am I really the only one who thinks $499 is reasonable for XBOX ONE X? As someone who hasn't upgraded to the current gen yet, I'm enticed.

pigeon

Banned
When it moved back from Atlanta.

Then ten years later Konami had the greatest E3 possible and yet for some reason they keep holding these. (Even though that year was the same year Ubisoft spent time on a low rent laser tag and James Cameron explained the entire plot of Avatar in real time.)

Okay, slightly impressed that your random historical knowledge schtick extends to video game conventions.

Dammit, I would have had more fun watching news panels mock Trump's cabinet meeting than watching the Sony conference. Their pre-show was better than the actual show show and had far more variety.

Schumer's response video is on point.

But we're approaching the end of the road. There was still room with the Comey firing. Not too many other places to go if he sacks Mueller. I mean, the IC starts leaking things en masse...then what? You really think that a Republican congress that will refuse to stop Trump when he fires Mueller will do something over IC leaks when they haven't this entire time?

The GOP doesn't want to do anything to stop Trump, and they're running out of covers.

First off it's not just the IC, it's the IC and FBI (excluding the criminal NY field office).

Second, the whole point is that the IC is turning public opinion so that they have support for whatever they have to do,

benjipwns

Banned
Okay, slightly impressed that your random historical knowledge schtick extends to video game conventions.
Artist depiction of what my random historical knowledge shtick covers:
G2aj4u2.jpg

But keep it to politics, basketball, video games, Star Trek, Always Sunny, other TV shows, etc. please or I might have to look stuff up rather than just wing it off the cuff Robin Williams style.

Wilsongt

Yikes, a white nationalist just called into On Point. Tom Ashbrook managed the most polite shutdown I've ever heard.

Wasn't able to listen today. What was said?

Never mind, I heard it.

I am actually surprised by some of the people who listen to NPR and call into the shows.

EDIT: Also, am I really the only one who thinks $499 is reasonable for XBOX ONE X? As someone who hasn't upgraded to the current gen yet, I'm enticed.

This kind of thing sandbags an administration. Trump already has a hard time getting his branch to back him, and if he fires Mueller, then I'd expect tons of resignations and passive aggressive mutinies. It won't be explosive much-watch TV but I just need Trump to get bogged down until 2018's midterms. If we can just take the House, we stop any GOP legislation from happening. Hell, then we can just spam the Senate with good bills (that they probably shoot down unless we bag Cruz's seat). If we do next year right, Trump only has the next year to fuck us up more than he has already. I wanted all the weight we can find around his ankles.

And yeah, it's a reasonable price, especially with any temporary price cuts. I also didn't like the name they went with until:
1: You get
X
Box
One
X
and
2: They can do some PC branding with Windows 10 and Xbox One X (as in, Roman numeral for 10).

Now I wanna just see what prompts them
as benjipwns is clearly a collective mind that shares an account.

Dammit, I would have had more fun watching news panels mock Trump's cabinet meeting than watching the Sony conference. Their pre-show was better than the actual show show and had far more variety.

Schumer's response video is on point.

Schumer did a response video to the Sony conference?

Artist depiction of what my random historical knowledge shtick covers:
G2aj4u2.jpg

But keep it to politics, basketball, video games, Star Trek, Always Sunny, other TV shows, etc. please or I might have to look stuff up rather than just wing it off the cuff Robin Williams style.

Other TV shows is too broad! How can I properly test your knowledge?

Just so it doesn't get forgotten, as we get closer to a new thread, I still really really liked someone's suggestion of

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| I thought it was just called manga

AntoneM

Everything I've seen proposed is a state solution to an individual actor.

That's not even close to any goal I'll ever have. Politics isn't anything I would consider important in the scope of my life.

Man, I wish I could be an Ideologue and not care about how politics actually works.

Does that require Trump to approve?

Nope, but it will need to actually pass Congress. In the past, Congress loved shit like this that relocated power from the White House to the Capitol Building. Who knows what the gOP will think of it these days. The only thing for certain is Dana Rohrabacher's vote.

Zolo

Nope, but it will need to actually pass Congress. In the past, Congress loved shit like this that relocated power from the White House to the Capitol Building. Who knows what the gOP will think of it these days. The only thing for certain is Dana Rohrabacher's vote.

Well, giant awkward X on anyone that disagrees with this.

benjipwns

Banned
Now I wanna just see what prompts them
as benjipwns is clearly a collective mind that shares an account.
I think the last time someone actively pointed this out was when I was somewhat absentmindedly describing (as I often do about random elections and campaigns on here) how the texture limitation on the N64 wasn't due to cartridges (most games of that era barely fill half the CDs especially if you ignore any FMV and audio) but because of the cache being only effectively 2kb. And also that the system had incredibly high latencies.

Oddly enough, to tie it to this E3, the original Xbox had a similar bandwidth bottleneck AND latency issue where despite it's massively higher clocks its top fill rate is actually lower than the PS2's and maybe even at times the GCN/Wii but once you turn on all the various effects, lighting, etc. the difference disappears. IIRC, using the hard drive actually makes whatever this problem was worse which I think manifests on some 360 games when you run them off the hard drive, I want to say one of the Halo's? You're basically trying to make Donald Trump palm a WNBA ball and it falls apart until you sub in Barron with those great big hands and that amazing wingspan.

benjipwns

Banned
Man, I wish I could be an Ideologue and not care about how politics actually works.
Everyone is an ideologue.

And I'd argue that starting to grasp how politics actually works is when you stop caring about every tiny little thing so much.

Though I probably care in some regard more than I ever will potentially matter even one iota.

Vixdean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom