• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Also, am I really the only one who thinks $499 is reasonable for XBOX ONE X? As someone who hasn't upgraded to the current gen yet, I'm enticed.

I think it's quite a value considering just how powerful the thing is. If you want to just play the Xbox One titles that come out you can get an Xbox One S right now for $200. But if you have a nice 4K TV and Surround Sound setup and want the best of the best for playing Forza, you can splurge on the One X. Funny thing too, it's actually cheaper than the original Xbox One in Australia.

Just done with DS. Presumably they will continue to make games. And I will buy them.

Armored Core here we come.

That explains why they gave no shits about protecting their source. Hopefully this will be the end of The Intercept being regarded as real journalism and is relegated to Breitbart/Huffington Post status.

At least Breitbart and HuffPo make their agenda clear. The Intercept is a tabloid masquerading as hard hitting in depth journalism.

So what's our opinion on this plan for new sanctions? A warning shot to Donny if he intends to fire Mueller? A "bipartisan move" to give Republicans cover? Genuine hostility toward Russia because of the Cold War and recent events?

I like to think that Republicans' hostility toward Russia outweighs their opportunism and cowardice, but sometimes I can be naive.

I wonder how angry he'll get when Congress overrides his veto - not on this bill, necessarily, but on any bill. Ditto for when Gorsuch rules against him.

Chumly

That explains why they gave no shits about protecting their source. Hopefully this will be the end of The Intercept being regarded as real journalism and is relegated to Breitbart/Huffington Post status.
THIS

I think they threw her under the bus after she "showed" them. Their disregard to actually protecting a source proves it.

Tinfoil- Sanctions trying to force Trump to do something against Russia. Then get rid of Mueller

Then he'd be screwed either way. That move might silence a few critics here in the US, but Putin wouldn't be happy. Despite Russia's image as a strong country, its economy is in a fragile state. New sanctions from us, which might also prompt the EU to impose their own, could be disastrous. If Putin gets angry, who knows what he might do to Donny...

Zolo

Then he'd be screwed either way. That move might silence a few critics here in the US, but Putin wouldn't be happy. Despite Russia's image as a strong country, its economy is in a fragile state. New sanctions from us, which might also prompt the EU to impose their own, could be disastrous. If Putin gets angry, who knows what he might do to Donny...

Putin finds way to contact congress that he'll leak the tapes if Congress lifts the sanctions.

Ernest

Banned
Wow, Republican strategist Rick Wilson (also, the man who introduced Sarah Palin to the world), just posted an incredible twitter thread/rant.

Read all 25 tweets, it's amazing!

twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/874435986306027520

You just know that plenty (most?) republicans feel this way as well, but they're just too chickenshit and scared of the people Wilson's railing against, AKA their voters.

daedalius

Wow, Republican strategist Rick Wilson (also, the man who introduced Sarah Palin to the world), just posted an incredible twitter thread/rant.

You just know that plenty (most?) republicans feel this way as well, but they're just too chickenshit and scared of the people Wilson's railing against, AKA their voters.

He has been straight fire lately, and this twitter storm is carrying on his recent tradition.

I like him, despite the fact I probably wouldn't agree with him policy-wise on anything.

My head is still spinning over Trump having each cabinet member heap praise on him after cancelling a trip to Britain.

There's zero doubt what a fucking narcassist the man is.

Woah.

Dude is fired up.

I get what he is saying, but he should have added the point that if Trump fired Mueller, he would be basically inviting the IC and FBI to retaliate even harder against him and the GOP.

I can't be the only one who feels that the IC is only playing by the book to some degree to keep the country as stable as possible and if they feel they have to perform a coup de tat to complete their investigation they will.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
i still don't understand how tweet threads became a thing

what happened to twitlonger

or medium

or tumblr

or blogs
Alexandra Erin was talking about this the other day. She says that people say they'd like to read her enormous tweet threads as a blog post but actual blog posts, even when shared on Twitter, get a fraction of the traffic. Twitter allows people to partially retweet, retweet with commentary, and just generally engage with the thread more dynamically

Alexandra Erin was talking about this the other day. She says that people say they'd like to read her enormous tweet threads as a blog post but actual blog posts, even when shared on Twitter, get a fraction of the traffic. Twitter allows people to partially retweet, retweet with commentary, and just generally engage with the thread more dynamically

You mean create their own narrative by re-tweeting whatever line suites them regardless of context.

Also I think Twitter is more work-friendly than Tumblr or whatever image dump website.

For how much refinement and sophistication people demand in so many web services and even mundane stuff like connectivity and chatting withing games, the absurd low-tech and reader-unfriendly web 1.0 nature of "twitter threads" is silly to me. At least it's still not as bad as trying to follow anything on Reddit. I can understand the format has benefits, but the Twitter client itself isn't designed to take advantage of any of those benefits, lol, especially on mobile.

Joeytj

Banned
Man, I wish I could be an Ideologue and not care about how politics actually works.

Me too. I wish I could just wish for the best and complain it doesn't happen that way.

EDIT: Not talking about specifically about benjipwns, I respect him a lot and agree with him most of the time! I actually think he understands the political reality of where we are now, but doesn't forget what he really believes in.

A long time ago I made benji this avatar and sent it to him but I got no response. :(

Xphcp6C.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
Me too. I wish I could just wish for the best and complain it doesn't happen that way.

EDIT: Not talking about specifically about benjipwns, I respect him a lot and agree with him most of the time! I actually think he understands the political reality of where we are now, but doesn't forget what he really believes in.
if symptoms persist consult a physician

and demand a prescription for South African Xentrex

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...h-of-39-states-threatens-future-u-s-elections

Oh look--the data breach into election systems was way, way worse than originally stated.

Shocking:

In many states, the extent of the Russian infiltration remains unclear. The federal government had no direct authority over state election systems, and some states offered limited cooperation. When then-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said last August that the department wanted to declare the systems as national critical infrastructure -- a designation that gives the federal government broader powers to intervene -- Republicans balked. Only after the election did the two sides eventually reach a deal to make the designation.

Complicit assholes.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My head is still spinning over Trump having each cabinet member heap praise on him after cancelling a trip to Britain.

There's zero doubt what a fucking narcassist the man is.

Probably wishful thinking but it feels to me like he is trying to build a case for people to say he was the most amazing so he can quit "due to pressure from people in Washington". It's like he's trying to frame the story as "I've done more than any president so I am allowed to quit.".

If I am right about what I said before; he is preparing to quit but wants to provoke congress into kicking him out. I would expect him to fire Mueller and take more actions to push them to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom