• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Someone asked about it during today's press coverage conference, and the original Muslim ban press release has finally been pulled off trump's campaign web site.

As an outsider, wouldn't it be better to keep Walz in his seat for incumbency since he managed to ride out the Trump wave (like Nolan) and let someone from a safer seat run for it?
I think if Walz runs for governor, he can't run for his House seat at the same time. So I think that ship has already sailed.

Teggy

@samsteinhp said:
Some real breaking news. Freedom Caucus chair working with Senate Rs on their health care repeal huffingtonpost.com/entry/house-se… via @MEPFuller

Ugh. Also no women.

Edit: beaten

Blader

Yes, It Is Definitely Possible For The House And Senate To Agree On Health Care

Senate Republicans are already working with the leader of the House Freedom Caucus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...e4b0104c73511162?9q&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Absolutely do not count on the Senate and the House to not pass some form of ACA repeal.

Well, yes... there is going to be A healthcare bill, it just won't be exactly this one. Not sure where they find compromise on Medicaid cuts and pre-existing condition/EHB exemptions, or how much can be tweaked and still stay within reconciliation guidelines, but I think expecting the Senate to NOT pass a healthcare bill is incorrect.

HTXMsok.png

Jadwat is the ACLU lawyer.

Damn.

Senate Republicans are already working with the leader of the House Freedom Caucus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...e4b0104c73511162?9q&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Absolutely do not count on the Senate and the House to not pass some form of ACA repeal.

Welp, didn't see that coming. We'll see...but that's not good news.

Still don't expect senators to cosign a bill extreme enough for most HFC members but...

Ogodei

Calm down. Attorney's rhetorical skill only really counts if the outcome of the case is in question, and there's still no merit for the travel ban.

pigeon

Banned
I just heard the arguments for like 5 minutes, and yea, I think we are screwed.

Of course you do.

Read the other tweets by this guy. Trump's lawyer got savaged by the judges. Three judges are attacking Jadwat here while the rest are literally helping him answer questions.

Having a bad oral argument is not that important.

Please, guys, don't overreact to cartoon soldier's posts.

Calm down, it's one guy tweeting. Other people listening have other opinions.

url]https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/861672947861344256[/url]

Beyond that even if this guy does bomb there are multiple appeal options. Nothing is going to be lost based on this one hearing in the long term.

Okay, ACLU will win because of the bench make up.

But the ACLU lawyer doesn't seem to be up for a SC hearing at least. They have to change him for the eventual appeal to SC.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So for 2020, I'm looking at Brown, Klobuchar and Gillibrand.

Andrew Cuomo, Terry McAuliffe, Tim Kaine, Chris Murphy, Michael Bennett, John Hickenlooper, Martin O'Malley.

The Dream.

Teggy

It does seem a bit disconcerting that these panels seem so ideologically divided. The law is supposed to be the law.

And Trump is about to drop 120 new judges into the system.

It does seem a bit disconcerting that these panels seem so ideologically divided. The law is supposed to be the law.

And Trump is about to drop 120 new judges into the system.

It'll take him years to fill all 120 of them, if he even does.

Also remember that like all/most of the gay marriage cases were handled by Republican appointees.

Okay, ACLU will win because of the bench make up.

But the ACLU lawyer doesn't seem to be up for a SC hearing at least. They have to change him for the eventual appeal to SC.

Ehhhhh I don't think Trump makes this go all the way to the SC. He already seems pretty bored of the whole thing.

Also hard to imagine the SC overrules a majority opinion of like every federal court in the country.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'm still not seeing how they overcome this:
All along, conservatives have insisted that the tax credits might be another entitlement program. But they were willing to accept that feature of the replacement because it could save money and was one of House Speaker Paul Ryan's favorite health reform ideas. There was also a rider associated with the tax credits that prohibited those funds from going to purchase insurance plans that cover abortion.

That abortion provision looks apt to be removed in the Senate as a consequence of Republicans using a reconciliation bill. (The so-called Byrd rule subjects provisions without a real budgetary impact to a 60-vote threshold.) That could be a real problem for Republicans. A number of conservatives have told HuffPost they don't see how a bill without a Hyde amendment rider ― which prohibits taxpayer funds from going toward abortions ― could get through the House.

Certainly, if conservatives want to hold the line on that issue, and if moderates remain opposed to what comes back from the Senate, there is a real chance Obamacare could be saved by conservatives who are unwilling to bend on abortion.

”It was made such a predicate," Meadows said of the abortion rider and Republicans supporting the tax credits. ”It's not just the Freedom Caucus."

I mean, they COULD, but this is what I see is the biggest sticking point.

Your opinions are super invalid though

We will see on day of GA-6 runoff. My invalid opinions had me worrying about Clinton campaigning in Michigan, the panhandle vote as they came in which all proved to be accurate also.

Ehhhhh I don't think Trump makes this go all the way to the SC. He already seems pretty bored of the whole thing.

Also hard to imagine the SC overrules a majority opinion of like every federal court in the country.

It will go to SC, Sessions/Bannon would want to do that for sure. I don't think SC will look at that, they might kick it back until more appeals have made it through the process, but they will eventually rule on it.

Would be a pretty important ruling too.

It will go to SC, Sessions/Bannon would want to do that for sure. I don't think SC will look at that, they might kick it back until more appeals have made it through the process, but they will eventually rule on it.

Would be a pretty important ruling too.

You don't think the SC would look at past rulings at a federal level even if that's literally like the primary way they come to their rulings? They look at how the federal courts rules, interject their own opinions, and come to a ruling.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
this feels unfair to Chris Murphy, who is actually good

unless the joke is that it's all white men

Could have been a mistake I guess.

Those are people i see as least likely to fix the problems with the hillary campaign in both charisma and messaging, but Chris Murphy is one I know the least of those.

White men are a interesting coincidence i didn't notice. Could have added Booker for having some similar vulnerabilities to Hillary, but he actually has charisma and a strong message on criminal justice.

broz0rs

The most hilarious and sad thing I learned so far is that Yates learned about Trump's travel ban EO from the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom