• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

So McMaster is apparently falling out of favor with Trump

But inside the White House, the McMaster pick has not gone over well with the one man who matters most. White House officials tell me Trump himself has clashed with McMaster in front of his staff.

On policy, the faction of the White House loyal to senior strategist Steve Bannon is convinced McMaster is trying to trick the president into the kind of nation building that Trump campaigned against. Meanwhile the White House chief of staff, Reince Priebus, is blocking McMaster on a key appointment.

McMaster's allies and adversaries inside the White House tell me that Trump is disillusioned with him. This professional military officer has failed to read the president -- by not giving him a chance to ask questions during briefings, at times even lecturing Trump.
Trump was livid, according to three White House officials, after reading in the Wall Street Journal that McMaster had called his South Korean counterpart to assure him that the president's threat to make that country pay for a new missile defense system was not official policy. These officials say Trump screamed at McMaster on a phone call, accusing him of undercutting efforts to get South Korea to pay its fair share.

This was not an isolated incident. Trump has complained in front of McMaster in intelligence briefings about "the general undermining my policy," according to two White House officials. The president has given McMaster less face time. McMaster's requests to brief the president before some press interviews have been declined. Over the weekend, McMaster did not accompany Trump to meet with Australia's prime minister; the outgoing deputy national security adviser, K.T. McFarland, attended instead.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...gton-loves-general-mcmaster-but-trump-doesn-t

Secret space plane? Oh damn that sounds badass, I bet it looks aweso-

image7114017x.jpg

The Little Shuttle That Could

Blader

I gave up on Axe Files because the vast majority of it is him pushing for boring personal stories that aren't related to anything political. I'm sure all of them have juicy tidbits, but it's hard to get to those tidbits.

I've fallen way behind on the Axe Files. I generally like the show, but Axelrod is not a very good interviewer, and is constantly talking over his guests to get his point in or share one of his stories -- and he is not quick at articulating them, either. :lol

They didn't in the runoff and everybody endorsed Macron.

The GOP's willingness to halfheartedly embrace Trump is entirely why he won.

Reading this, I feel like you feel like I'm absolving Republicans here for embracing Trump. I'm not. They deserve to go down with this ship. I'm just saying, in the first round of the French election of the least, you had a very similarly viable center party, center-right party, and far-right party. The French right wing had more choices in the first round, and could split themselves between Macron and Le Pen in the second. In America, there is just the one right-wing party, from beginning to end, with a built-in cultural/partisan pressure to identify with and follow whomever that party nominates for president, no matter how plainly despicable they are.

Ernest

Banned
18320533_1487266974637612_5273263796194256662_o.png

Could you imagine if Nixon had made a public statement like that about a witness who was about to testify about Watergate? Congress would've impeached him before he had a chance to resign.

Angry at McMaster for going against a strategy he campaigned on

But he's totally ok with a healthcare bill that is completely the opposite of what he campaigned on

Fuck off Trump and let someone who knows what they are doing handle foreign affairs so we might avoid some catastrophic international incident

studyguy

Trump coming at odds with his own administration was a given. How many times did this man flip his campaign management during the primary through general?

Blader

Angry at McMaster for going against a strategy he campaigned on

But he's totally ok with a healthcare bill that is completely the opposite of what he campaigned on

He knows the words, radical Islamic terrorism. He couldn't tell you a single word of what's written in the AHCA. Actually, I'm not sure he even knows that's what the bill is called.

Barring relatives, nobody that will get along with Trump as their boss for more than a month or two unless they are a drooling fanboy who will suck his cock over everything he says and does.

The man is going to be the most do-nothing President since at least Jimmy Carter, if not of all time, because he has staked out an ideological position and personal manner from which he is completely incapable of working cohesively with anybody. There is a reason Trump's former employees were among the most adamant that he would not make a good president.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if somebody from r/the_donald were working one of the higher-up jobs in the administration by the end of the next four years, that is how incapable he is of working with normal-ass people who might question this or that thing he wants to do or say.

I mean, Trump has been surrounded by Yes men his entire life. He has no experience in being told, no, this is wrong and will lead to more problems down the line. Kellyanne used to advise with Trump via mainstream media interviews because she knew he would be watching them, rather than tell him to his face that he's wrong.

Make sure you click my link
it's a synopsis from a The West Wing plot line
the actual X37 is very real and classified / Top secret.

You got me. ;I

I was on youtube looking at the history of the X37, I should be listening to more Art Bell. lol

I wonder what they have been up to with that thing.

It's been covered, here's a CBS News article from 2010:

Secret X-37B Space Plane Back After Mission

I stand corrected. Thanks for the facts.

McMaster was always too competent for Trump.

Also $10 that Trump was getting triggered because McMaster was overshadowing Trump's name on security issues.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Trump's response to the Obama/Flynn thing is basically "We thought it was a joke."

PBY

Banned
Obama should respond with "Presidency is not a joke".

He should.

But I'm now fairly convinced that all of this politicking, gotcha stuff is totally, and completely, meaningless. People know Trump is a hypocrite and exaggerates (read: lies).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood

more: source tells @kwelkernbc that Trump thought Obama was "ribbing" him by advising against hiring Flynn

This is amazing.

I think Obama's current strategy of largely staying out of it and letting the Dem establishment and media handle this is appropriate.

Yeah don't give Trump a target. He loves having someone to beat up on and his fans like it too. When he flails in the dark (e.g. the intel community stuff) he looks insane and incompetent which I think has the most noticeable effect on his numbers.

Owzers

- Obama is incompetent, worst president in history.

- If it's good enough for obama it's good enough for us.

Can't have both.

Obama blaming works well for Trump so far though.

I am not surprised Spicer keeps that line. It is a good way to deflect as is Sally Yates could have leaked stuff. Deflect. Deflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom