• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

I'm not sure Ted knows why they are there. His first questions were hypotheticals about emails. (really?! lol). Followed by these legality questions regarding the travel ban EOs.

And he left right after his questions. Total douche.

Vimes

This has been my monthly reminder that Republicans are dumb and elect dumb people because dumbness speaks to their values. GWB and Trump should have burned this into my brain forever, but somehow I my jaw finds the floor every time these hacks open their word holes.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This has been my monthly reminder that Republicans are dumb and elect dumb people because dumbness speaks to their values. GWB and Trump should have burned this into my brain forever, but somehow I my jaw finds the floor every time these hacks open their word holes.

It's almost like different realities colliding together.

studyguy

There's basically no questions left so Leahy is just phrasing statements in the form of a question for reconfirmation. Sounds like he's aiming for clarity regarding other blackmail vulnerabilities, re: Kushner, etc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My goodness we need Franken to run for president. I really think he's the best choice (aside from Biden) to run this time around. He's intelligent, well-spoken, and makes sure to meet with the regular workers in his state.

Could have been a mistake I guess.

Those are people i see as least likely to fix the problems with the hillary campaign in both charisma and messaging, but Chris Murphy is one I know the least of those.

White men are a interesting coincidence i didn't notice. Could have added Booker for having some similar vulnerabilities to Hillary, but he actually has charisma and a strong message on criminal justice.
Murphy's one of the least hawkish Democrats in the senate and has a pretty good economic platform. He's not Brown or Warren or anything but I wouldn't lump him in with McAuliffe or Cuomo.

SexyFish

Banned
Love you Franken. Run in 2020 please.

51KBpKVRPYL.jpg

He has a book coming out at the end of this month.

I'm going to bet he runs.

My goodness we need Franken to run for president. I really think he's the best choice (aside from Biden) to run this time around. He's intelligent, well-spoken, and makes sure to meet with the regular workers in his state.

He's been better at adressing this stuff than anyone else since the election. Others have done well but he really gets straight to the point and makes complex situations easy for people to understand.

studyguy

THAT'S MY FUCKING DISTRICT HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HOLY SHIT LET ME JUST LAUGH FOR A SECOND AT HIS CHANCES LMAO

Hold on hold on...

2016 Results in my county:

Code:
GRN - JILL STEIN  1.77%
[B]DEM - HILLARY CLINTON  54.59%[/B]
P-F - GLORIA ESTELA LA RIVA  0.42%
[B]REP,AIP - DONALD J. TRUMP 37.16% [/B]
LIB - GARY JOHNSON 3.84% 
WRITE-IN  2.22%

Code:
DEM - LORETTA L. SANCHEZ 38.95% 
DEM - KAMALA D. HARRIS 61.05%

Code:
[B]REP - RAFAEL A. DAGNESSES 39.51%
DEM - JULIA BROWNLEY 60.49% [/B]

Good fucking luck in a county where the majority is Mexican/Latino while tying yourself to Trump.

We will see on day of GA-6 runoff. My invalid opinions had me worrying about Clinton campaigning in Michigan, the panhandle vote as they came in which all proved to be accurate also.

You literally worry about everything and since there are only two major parties with two possible outcomes in almost every scenario, yes, you will be occasionally right since you consistently believe that Democrats Will Always Lose And Everything Is Horrible.

It's genuinely annoying because it requires no actual observation about situations which could predict what will happen, just general panic. Sometimes panic is justified. Sometimes, as has been proven to you MANY times, it's not.

pigeon

Banned
We will see on day of GA-6 runoff. My invalid opinions had me worrying about Clinton campaigning in Michigan, the panhandle vote as they came in which all proved to be accurate also.

Being right for the wrong reason doesn't make you more likely to be right in the future

Slacker

Love it:

LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP 2h2 hours ago
Usually when you humiliate Ted Cruz this throughly, he ends up endorsing you for president.

Gotta love a committee on Russia turning into an constitutional hearing on Trump's muslim ban EO. Fuck Cornyn, Cruz, Kennedy. Dipshit Graham lost focus of his hearing. Bang your gavel Lindsey.

I haven't given it much thought. I might want Walz just because I want a governor who won't let the party get murdered outstate. Dayton won easily in 2014 thanks to the Twin Cities but lost the MN House the same year. It's nice that we have a pretty reliable strategy to win statewide but we need more than that to get anything done.

Also I own his old Dreamcast and it'd be cool to say I have the governor's.

Chris Coleman maybe? He seems good.

Yeah, you and I wouldnt get along. Coleman is horrible. Let's build a stadium with no public input. Let's put parking meters on Grand Ave with no public input. Cities need low wage workers to succeed. Dude is a putz.

jtb

Banned
I was furious about that Times thing, but then I saw it's just going to be a regular column by Michael Kinsley so I was like whatever.

I mean, Trump is good for plenty of things, as Kinsley points out. WHCD is a cesspool of access and celebrity. Twitter stripped away so much of the artifice political communication. Trump's "populism" exposed the deep failure of traditional Republican orthodoxy. etc. etc.

Ernest

Banned
After this hearing, I am mad crushing on Yates right now.

Besides being absolutely fucking BOSS, she kinda reminds me of an older version of an ex-girlfriend who I'm still very fond of.

Leave it to these GOP douchebags to underestimate a woman smarter than themselves.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Trump just wants to have the appearance of people grovelling at his feet. Gotta keep up that alpha male look when you're really just a beta cuck.

This...seems like a dumb idea.
Jesus, NYTimes, can we stop with this trying to be neutral crap? It's not our fault reality proves Trump sucks a dick.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but it looks like we're going back to war with Afghanistan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-poised-to-expand-military-effort-against-taliban-in-afghanistan/2017/05/08/356c4930-33fa-11e7-b412-62beef8121f7_story.html

Guess we're going to be getting into a new conflict to distract everyone anytime Trump and his administration come under fire for anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In terms of her politics, no.

Electability, probably.

I'm not seeing it. The atmosphere is toxic right now for a female presidential candidate, especially against Trump and his chauvinist minions that will do everything in their power to not let a woman hole any position of power.

sazzy

Trump just wants to have the appearance of people grovelling at his feet. Gotta keep up that alpha male look when you're really just a beta cuck.

Jesus, NYTimes, can we stop with this trying to be neutral crap? It's not our fault reality proves Trump sucks a dick.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but it looks like we're going back to war with Afghanistan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-poised-to-expand-military-effort-against-taliban-in-afghanistan/2017/05/08/356c4930-33fa-11e7-b412-62beef8121f7_story.html

Guess we're going to be getting into a new conflict to distract everyone anytime Trump and his administration come under fire for anything.

Let's not make that a pejorative, please.

I'm not seeing it. The atmosphere is toxic right now for a female presidential candidate, especially against Trump and his chauvinist minions that will do everything in their power to not let a woman hole any position of power.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Minnesota,_2012

this is the same year Obama won the state by 7.7 points

she gets her electorate really well, she's a good speaker and is a decade younger than Hillary

She's not my first pick because she's too centrist for my tastes (especially since normally the DFL gives some of out best Democrats) but she'd be a strong candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom