• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jenna Lifhits‏ @jlifhits

Comey was supposed to attend Senate Intel hearing Thursday on World Wide Threats

I can't even.

aTTckr

Apparently the administration gives the Hillary email press conference during the campaign as the reason for the firing?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't want gillibrand to run because I can't take more Wall Street stuff from the dirties

Kusagari

Graham has already supported it. If he's not even offering some token bullshit immediately then nobody is going to say anything about it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
On one hand, I'm kind of sick about this.

On the other hand, it's a blatant admission of guilt, and I have faith the IC will do this on their own--even by going over the head of the new sycophant.

Xando

Trump is tightening his grip on power and purging potential enemies. This is exactly how Putin started when Russia still was a democracy.

wandering

Banned
I do find it a little funny how Comey is now a martyr when just a while ago everyone hated him.

Not that I think firing him isn't insane, though

daedalius

So what happens to the FBI's investigation now that Trump is going to install some loyalist there?

Is everything just falling apart? Republicans on board with this?

Plinko

Senior officials legitimately have no idea where Comey is.

kadotsu

Banned
No one will leak shit until the democrats have a sliver of power again to enact oversight. The IC knows that Rs in congress will never turn on each other.

Plinko

MSNBC is reporting nobody knows where Comey is at this time.

Also:
Asawin Suebsaeng‏Verified account @swin24

CNN Justice Correspondent on-air now saying his phone currently blowing up with texts from FBI sources asking him if the Comey news is true

Trump is tightening his grip on power and purging potential enemies. This is exactly how Putin started when Russia still was a democracy.

He skipped a critical step where you typically butter up and make nice with key figures and then purge everyone else before moving on the power players. Dude has no friends.

studyguy

So the only fear that has somewhat taken root in me is the fact that Ted Cruz hesitated on making a statement while the more moderate Lindsey Graham came out in approval of the firing.

All that indicates to me is that the senate GOP are okay with rubberstamping whoever Trump decides to push across their desks. Moreover it tacitly confirms the fact that they would have been okay with jailing political dissenters as that letter to Comey basically marked Clinton to be.

I wonder what happens to investigations in limbo and shudder to think that the GOP in office could just let this slide without any regard for optics. This is nuts.

Plinko

"Spoke with Sr. Officials and they do not know where the FBI Director is but he is not in his office today."

That's from MSNBC--nobody knows where Comey is. Not like a conspiracy thing--they just don't know where he's at.

Senior officials had zero idea this was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom