• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Now that the sex-fiends are gone from Fox, it seems Shep is more open about admitting who he is.

Shepard Smith, chief breaking news anchor at Fox News Network, is speaking out about being a gay man.

The increased openness about his personal life comes during a period of unprecedented upheaval at the news network, following the forced departures of Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly and the subsequent resignation of co-president Bill Shine amid a flurry of sexual harassment allegations.

On the topic of his sexuality, the 53-year-old Smith recently told students at University of Mississippi, his alma mater, "I don't think about it. It's not a thing. I go to work. I manage a lot of people. I cover the news. I deal with holy hell around me. I go home to the man I'm in love with."

Barzul

Talk is cheap. I don't even consider what GOP senators say anymore. They always fall in line. Out of all the statements today, Amash is the only I actually believe would truly act if he could.

Oh backtracking a bit today I was reading Matt Karp's twitter feed and chuckled at this

Matt Karp 🌹 🦏
@karpmj

Honestly though, if Gillibrand gives a major speech on why we need #MedicareForAll now, I will post a fawning column on Medium within 48 hrs
he didn't write the Jacobin article though he does write for Jacobin

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/862146712600805377

@JohnJHarwood

PETER ALEXANDER: is this a cover-up?
SEAN SPICER: of what

giphy.gif

broz0rs

Talk is cheap. I don't even consider what GOP senators say anymore. They always fall in line. Out of all the statements today, Amash is the only I actually believe would truly act if he could.

This is interesting because Amash is one of the most influential members of the Freedom Caucus. Amash was the only Republican to mention legislation to get an independent counsel and I wonder if he can get the rest of the Freedom Caucus to rally behind him. I'd be surprised if Mark Meadows (main FC guy) won't throw his support.

This is interesting because Amash is one of the most influential members of the Freedom Caucus. Amash was the only Republican to mention legislation to get an independent counsel and I wonder if he can get the rest of the Freedom Caucus to rally behind him. I'd be surprised if Mark Meadows (main FC guy) won't throw his support.

Entire House is up for re-election in 2018. They allow this to pass without pushback, and "Democratic Party wave election" will probably look cute compared to reality.

Amash has always kind of talked like this

Really doubt the Republicans do anything substantial, period. Fool me once etc

Amash is the redheaded stepchild of the Freedom Caucus. The rest of the Freedom Caucus only cares about destroying the welfare state and cutting taxes. That's it.

pigeon

Banned
Amash can force action by withholding his vote. He could have imperiled Trumpcare last week, but he didn't care. He could threaten to block the bill when it comes back from the Senate unless he gets a vote on his legislation, but he won't do that either. Because he is a quisling.

wandering

Banned
Amash can force action by withholding his vote. He could have imperiled Trumpcare last week, but he didn't care. He could threaten to block the bill when it comes back from the Senate unless he gets a vote on his legislation, but he won't do that either. Because he is a quisling.

I learned a new word today.

I was never pessimistic regarding the Russia shit. I figured the FBI would get to the bottom of this and that Trump was either guilty or just plain old stupid and negligent. I figured the political theater in congress was just a placeholder while the FBI did their thing. That eventually enough info one way or the other would come out and the theater would shift.

I've hit defeatist levels today. Sessions will place a new director who's essentially a puppet. Even if we take the house in 2018, an independent investigation doesn't seem likely because we still wouldn't have the votes it seems, and GOP will chose party over country. Why would they chose different? Right wing media has these baboons convinced this is all just democrats trying to deligitimize a trump presidency. There's no pressure for them to act.

I know 2018 and 2020 is the real goal, but I'm having a hard time not being disillusioned right now. This is all just so blatant ...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Jeff Sessions is behind this, so I'm guessing they were starting to look into him seriously.

Tall4Life

Idioteque and 2+2=5 are becoming too fucking real right now

you know what, BYOB as well

I don't see an end to this fucking train of doom in sight, GG

Six months to the day after I swore off cable news. And I've been so sane lately. Sigh.

There's a special place in hell for Comey, but Trump is a moron for thinking Democrats would magically be fine with this. Short of actually uploading the pee-pee tape onto youtube personally, there's no other one single thing that Trump could do that would make him look guilty more than this does.

Pixieking

Banned
Jeff Sessions is behind this, so I'm guessing they were starting to look into him seriously.
President Trump’s decision Tuesday to fire FBI Director James Comey has been in the works since at least last week, according to multiple media reports.

Senior officials at the White House and Justice Department were working on building a case against Comey since that time, according to The New York Times. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was asked to come with reasons to oust him.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...as-told-to-find-reasons-to-fire-comey-reports

Of course, the source for this article is the NYT, so it depends on how much you trust them nowadays.

Binyamin Appelbaum‏Verified account @BCAppelbaum 3h3 hours ago

This is one of those nights when it might have been helpful for the White House to have spokespeople with reputations for being truthful.

Also, a NYMag/Mother Jones/Daily Beast contributor:

Yashar‏Verified account @yashar

Rudy Giuliani, the former US Attorney (Southern District), is in DC....in the Trump Hotel lobby.

Rudy gets a job at last.

Rudy gets a job at last.

If they replace Comey with Rudy I imagine a flood of leaks since it is my understanding the DC branch of the FBI does not like Giuliani at all. If the Trump Administration does anything other than promote the Deputy Director the FBI is going to turn on them hard.

Pixieking

Banned
If they replace Comey with Rudy I imagine a flood of leaks since it is my understanding the DC branch of the FBI does not like Giuliani at all. If the Trump Administration does anything other than promote the Deputy Director the FBI is going to turn on them hard.

They're dumb enough to do it... And I don't think Rudy did anything to not warrant Trump being loyal in some fashion in the long-run?

Anyone know what this could be?
NBC Nightly News‏Verified account @NBCNightlyNews

JUST IN: Minority Leader Schumer has asked all Democratic senators to be in their seats at 9:30 a.m. ET Wed., a Senate aid says.

FBI already won't like it. Comey has a shit ton of loyalists; he was really well-liked in the Bureau. I'm expecting leaks like crazy.

Also them shutting down investigations would be dumb. We'd just start them again if we ever got power. Their best move is still to find a fall guy so that the investigations can be "closed."

Yeah, Rudy may have friends in the NY criminal FBI department, but I'm pretty sure that if it comes to it the IC, including the counterintelligence unit at the FBI, will just refuse to follow Rudy's orders.

What will be interesting is if anything leaks about Trump's meeting with the Russian diplomat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom