• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
boy if things ever go back to normal in the next several years it's gonna be weird as fuck

it feels like it's been years already.

I think the main thing is what the fuck does the next Democratic president do, especially if elected in 2020? Do they get rid of whoever Trump appoints FBI director, etc? Is that where the U.S. is now - you just fire the other party's people and put in your own (even if warranted for the Dems in this case)

I think the main thing is what the fuck does the next Democratic president do, especially if elected in 2020? Do they get rid of whoever Trump appoints FBI director, etc? Is that where the U.S. is now - you just fire the other party's people and put in your own (even if warranted for the Dems in this case)

I imagine if the Democrat wins, whoever they are, a major part of their campaign will have been to clean up Trump's messes, so they'd probably have the okay by voters to start firing people

It's kind of bad for precedent, but... what are you going to do? He's going to leave the heads of departments and stuff in shambles.

ive been thinking about this a lot for the last couple months. i dont know how we'll come out on the other side. it ultimately depends on the result of the whole trump thing and the kind of mandate the next dem president is elected with...

Next Dem admin is basically going to be a cleanup crew. Hopefully as much of congress as possible will be blue to make that easier.

I imagine if the Democrat wins, whoever they are, a major part of their campaign will have been to clean up Trump's messes

Isn't that literally what most Democrats have to run on? Republicans consistently fuck Government up at every level and then a Democrat comes in and fixes everything and then the Republicans are given super majorities because why the fuck not.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Taylor seems confident the firing of Comey isn't going to stop anything.

Sadsic

Isn't that literally what most Democrats have to run on? Republicans consistently fuck Government up at every level and then a Democrat comes in and fixes everything and then the Republicans are given super majorities because why the fuck not.

to be fair, if you were conservative, you could say the exact opposite ("Republicans are elected to fix the Democrat's mistakes")

Taylor seems confident the firing of Comey isn't going to stop anything.

I feel like after the subpoena stuff coming out on CNN, I trust Claude's sources a lot more than I did this morning.

And boy, Trump and friends are in some deep,deep shit if they're right.

to be fair, if you were conservative, you could say the exact opposite ("Republicans are elected to fix the Democrat's mistakes")

And then you would say "like the mess Democrats left in 2008?" Or California and Minnesota where Democrats had amazing success post recession (and post Republican leadership). Or in Kansas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan where Republicans are running shit into the ground?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I feel like after the subpoena stuff coming out on CNN, I trust Claude's sources a lot more than I did this morning.

And boy, Trump and friends are in some deep,deep shit if they're right.

I've not been watching CNN, and who is Claude. Could you explain in some more detail?

Oh wait, I see the post from Greigor

These are the kind of days where I get the itch to just ban the opposition

I wouldn't go THAT far. But I really hope that Democrats start having an LBJ style reawakening and just start playing every dirty trick there is.

Like I want to see more democrats that are willing to:

- Bully and intimidate politicians (bring back the LBJ stare)
- Use the occurrence of ANY political assassinations for political leverage
- Start doing "daisy" style commercials

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
And then you would say "like the mess Democrats left in 2008?" Or California and Minnesota where Democrats had amazing success post recession (and post Republican leadership). Or in Kansas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan where Republicans are running shit into the ground?

and then Republicans (or at least ones that I've spoken to) say stuff like "we're fixing welfare, stopping abortions, banning terrorists, stopping the assault on Christianity", etc...

You know, 'moral' fixes.

Diablos

Of course they're gonna go after Hillary again. What better distraction is there for when the shit is just about to hit the fan for Team Trump..?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
From OT thread:

Claude Taylor
Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated

Just in: Senate Intel Com sent lengthy letter to Treasury requesting detailed financial info on transactions of Trump, family, & assoc.

It is happening, folks. Tax returns, business transactions, everything. The Comey firing and consequent replacement is probably a race against time to shut this down.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/09/omey-firing-fbi-tears-238190

Yeah, this is going to backfire. The IC is loyal to Comey.

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/with_replies

Claude Taylor talked about the Warrants, about the subpoenas for days/weeks now.

Taylor is confirming 3 (one is a FARA, one is a FISA, the last is RICO) he is aware of. Others are claiming it is as high as 16.

The three he's talking about is grand juries, not subpoenas.

And he's Bill Clinton's former director of volunteerism during his first term (1993-96) and worked on both of his campaigns, plus another one (not sure exactly which one). Wouldn't be shocked if he still has a lot of friends and contacts within Washington, even if he's been out of the game for a while now.

crossposting from the Comey thread:

Looks like we are seeing more and more REPUBLICAN Senators calling out the firing of Comey.

If I were to guess, I would say that Comey was the kind of guy who had friends all over DC from BOTH parties.

I've said it before: Comey is Varys. And Joffery is now learning the hard way what happens when you try to go after Varys and his little birds.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
crossposting from the Comey thread:

Looks like we are seeing more and more REPUBLICAN Senators calling out the firing of Comey.

If I were to guess, I would say that Comey was the kind of guy who had friends all over DC from BOTH parties.

I've said it before: Comey is Varys. And Joffery is now learning the hard way what happens when you try to go after Varys and his little birds.

Varys is a Targaryen loyalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom