• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, he is a bad politician?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/comey-firing-trump-russia-238192

But the fallout seemed to take the White House by surprise. Trump made a round of calls around 5 p.m., asking for support from senators. White House officials believed it would be a "win-win" because Republicans and Democrats alike have problems with the FBI director, one person briefed on their deliberations said.

Instead, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told him he was making a big mistake — and Trump seemed "taken aback," according to a person familiar with the call.

Tall4Life

tumblr_noc8tl4yOX1t40yhlo1_400.gif

See, that gif proves that violence is necessary 🤔

We just need to get someone to suplex Trump

sazzy

Sometimes I get the feeling that Zucker and Murdoch poke and prod Donald into saying and doing stupid things just to get more people to tune in.

In other news:

Even though the Liberal party in Canada is a center/center-left party, the Liberal Party of British Columbia is a de-facto center-right party (I know, weird). The NDP (which, federally, is traditionally more to the left of the Liberal party) is the de-facto center-left party in British Columbia. The Greens tend to do well in BC are the lefterer party.

ANYWAYS, the BC Liberals have controlled the chamber, but it looks like that might be over. Right now, it's Liberals: 43, NPD: 41, Greens; 3.

http://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/bcvotes2017/

Brewmont

Banned
It almost sounds like Trump did this just because he thought he'd get praised.

Reading that almost makes me weirdly skeptical of Trump's direct guilt in this collusion. Like someone who did something as illegal as colluding with Russia to win an election would clearly know the implications of firing Comey, or would not be so irrationally angry at the fact that people are talking about it on TV in a negative way. Along with all the leaks he has to be aware of. I mean, C'mon.....he would've expected this.

Like, everything I'm reading screams of someone who is super pissed but doesn't understand why people are "being so mean" to him, and grasping at anything to stop the negativity. A real cover up would be done with actual thought.

Or maybe he is just that dumb...

Trump screaming at the TV because Comey didn't back up his delusion wiretapping claims was the saddest thing I've ever read.

And then I got to the part where Roger Stone goaded him into it.

Like, everything I'm reading screams of someone who is super pissed but doesn't understand why people are "being so mean" to him, and grasping at anything to stop the negativity. A real cover up would be done with actual thought.

This is Trump we're talking about. No one is as petty and narcissistic as him. This is the guy sent pictures of his hands to a journalist for decades after that journalist said he had small hands. The guy who still talks about the election months later and literally prints out Red maps to show off how many voted for him. The guy who obsessively has aides bring him reports of articles with his name in them and mails signed petty criticisms to journalists

Holmes

In other news:

Even though the Liberal party in Canada is a center/center-left party, the Liberal Party of British Columbia is a de-facto center-right party (I know, weird). The NDP (which, federally, is traditionally more to the left of the Liberal party) is the de-facto center-left party in British Columbia. The Greens tend to do well in BC are the lefterer party.

ANYWAYS, the BC Liberals have controlled the chamber, but it looks like that might be over. Right now, it's Liberals: 43, NPD: 41, Greens; 3.

http://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/bcvotes2017/
It's 42-42-3 now with the Green Party costing the NDP government. Such is life. It'll be a hung parliament regardless.

Honestly, this is going to be a long no matter what happens now. We need to get the word out that we need to win seats for the specials and 2018 and get people ready for 2020.

Honestly, this is going to be a long no matter what happens now. We need to get the word out that we need to win seats for the specials and 2018 and get people ready for 2020.

Not enough will care. As long as they get some new monstrosity from taco bell every month and a reality tv show about people who want to marry dolphins they will be fat and happy. Who cares about Russia and Comey anyway? Doesn't change their day to day life and that's all that matters.

Not enough will care. As long as they get some new monstrosity from taco bell every month and a reality tv show about people who want to marry dolphins they will be fat and happy. Who cares about Russia and Comey anyway? Doesn't change their day to day life and that's all that matters.
I guess it's either leave the country or suicide for me.

benjipwns

Banned
I honestly thought benjipwns was better than stirring up shit like that.

Yeah.

Emotions are rightfully running very high right now, you can either try to carefully be the voice of reason or let some of it burn off.

At least don't add fuel.
I am being the voice of reason by far, the fact that people are blatantly and willfully ignorant to how their own government works let alone anything about history is their problem.

I could really get behind a Sally Yates presidential run in 2020. Most other candidates poligaf has mentioned are boring. Of course it depends on many factors and what her actual positions would be. However, she was sharp and delivered pinpointed answers. She stood her ground very impressively. Truthfully, I feel someone like her could shut Trump down in a debate rather easily given how well she did with the Republicans bullshittery. Also I think a female out smarting Trump will get him further unhinged. Clinton and many of us thought if we just let the moron run his mouth he would be his own undoing.

kirblar

I could really get behind a Sally Yates presidential run in 2020. Most other candidates poligaf has mentioned are boring. Of course it depends on many factors and what her actual positions would be. However, she was sharp and delivered pinpointed answers. She stood her ground very impressively. Truthfully, I feel someone like her could shut Trump down in a debate rather easily.
Running someone who's actually proven they can win elections and work in government is a good idea.

Pixieking

Banned

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I know armchair psychoanalysis is bad, but honestly...

Trump is below average intelligence.
If he were a child, you'd say he had ADHD, since he needs to constantly be fed different stimuli, and he doesn't have the patience to read papers.
It's quite obvious his childhood was bad because no-one should become an adult needing the amount of attention or approval that he constantly requires.

One of the memes during the election campaign was "Hillary is Mom, Trump is Zapp Brannigan." I looked at it, and thought "Yeah, if nothing else, I'd rather have intelligent cunning than outright stupidity in a leader."

benjipwns

Banned
I could really get behind a Sally Yates presidential run in 2020. Most other candidates poligaf has mentioned are boring. Of course it depends on many factors and what her actual positions would be. However, she was sharp and delivered pinpointed answers. She stood her ground very impressively. Truthfully, I feel someone like her could shut Trump down in a debate rather easily given how well she did with the Republicans bullshittery. Also I think a female out smarting Trump will get him further unhinged.
Ahh, the Newt Gingrich playbook.

I could really get behind a Sally Yates presidential run in 2020. Most other candidates poligaf has mentioned are boring. Of course it depends on many factors and what her actual positions would be. However, she was sharp and delivered pinpointed answers. She stood her ground very impressively. Truthfully, I feel someone like her could shut Trump down in a debate rather easily given how well she did with the Republicans bullshittery. Also I think a female out smarting Trump will get him further unhinged. Clinton and many of us thought if we just let the moron run his mouth he would be his own undoing.
I mean, the majority of what you said sounds like you described Hillary Clinton. She held her own well in the Benghazi hearings, put up with more Republican fuckery than Yates will ever see, and offered a voice of knowledge and solid information against Trump's rambling in the debates and she still lost.

I mean, the majority of what you said sounds like you described Hillary Clinton. She held her own well in the Benghazi hearings, put up with more Republican fuckery than Yates will ever see, and offered a voice of knowledge and solid information against Trump's rambling in the debates and she still lost.

Hillary Clinton had like 30 years of political baggage.

wandering

Banned

So in other words, Dunbar from House of Cards.

I felt Hillary often times just let Trump speak his nonsense, undebated thinking the audience was smarter than they were. Hillary also often times spoke in very round about ways. There were many times where she needed to answer the questions directly and instead she answered them in lengthy, indirect ways. She would often get sidetracked on to a different topic before fully answering questions. The way she answered some questions about her emails/benghazi made me want to facepalm as that is what helps feed the suspicion of her lying or hiding something. You make a good point about Clinton and the Benghazi hearings which I forgot about. Although Clinton had a lot of baggage that Yates wouldn't have. Either way I hope there is a larger roster of democratic nominees closer to the 2008 election.

benjipwns

Banned
Hillary Clinton had like 30 years of political baggage.
Only because of her actions! You can't hold that against her.

See, now that's a post that's "shit-stirring" not explaining to people losing their mind and openly encouraging violent action (by others of course, always others) how the world actually works.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Between this Comey shit and having to diagnose a 34 year old with advanced bone cancer, tonight has been a fucking awful night.

Sleep take me away.

Liberals have a bare projected majority. 44-40-3. Going to be close.

EDIT: lol back to 43-41-3.

EDIT 2: The remaining ridings are:

Lib: 41
NDP: 47
G: 12

Lib: 44*
NDP: 44
G: 12
Liberal won.

NDP: 37*
Lib: 37
G: 18
NDP won

Lib: 27
NDP: 31
G: 37

NDP: 41*
Lib: 41
G: 13
NDP won

Lib: 42
NDP: 40
G: 16

So almost certainly another riding will go NDP and Green, and then the rest are like, whatever.

My least favorite Benji trolling time is when Benji is trolling after a mass shooting that traumatizes people.

This form of trolling is better, but still not really good at all.

Most certainly going to be a minority government now. The last swing riding went to NDP and there doesn't look like a wait for the BCL to get 44 seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom