• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

I would imagine a lot of US Businessmen/Business are going to be pissed off about this one:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-laptops-in-all-cabins-of-flights-from-europe

They already ban laptops from 8 10 middle eastern countries iirc.
Now it's extended to just Europe in general? That sucks.

The Department of Homeland Security will ban laptops in the cabins of all flights from Europe to the United States, European security officials told The Daily Beast. The announcement is expected Thursday.

Initially a ban on laptops and tablets was applied only to U.S.-bound flights from 10 airports in North Africa and the Middle East. The ban was based on U.S. fears that terrorists have found a way to convert laptops into bombs capable of bringing down an airplane. It is unclear if the European ban will also apply to tablets.

Slacker

Why do I think firing the Spiceman would hurt his approval most of all

No idea. Spicy is plainly terrible at his job. I think firing him will affect Trump's approval rating about as much as the White House buying a new coffeemaker and pitching the old one. He'll be forgotten in a week.

Slacker

but I enjoy how much spicer sucks and says the wrong thing followed by rage. 😞

Don't worry, Huck will get there. She's better than Sean the same way a punch in the stomach is better than a punch in the nards. She's still actively terrible, and trying to defend the nonsense from this White House is enough to make anyone snap.

I am going to be legit sad to see Spicy go. Sanders doesn't have that same "oh god this is so painful to watch, how can he keep doing this to himself?" feel to her briefings.

"Aggrieved" doesn't sound like a Trump word.

No idea. Spicy is plainly terrible at his job. I think firing him will affect Trump's approval rating about as much as the White House buying a new coffeemaker and pitching the old one. He'll be forgotten in a week.
But Jeff Zucker said Spicy is a beloved character and an essential part of Trump's Wack Pack!

chadskin

Next bombshell:
There are two reasons why President Donald Trump fired James Comey, according to a source close to the now-former FBI director:

1. Comey never provided the President with any assurance of personal loyalty.
  2. The fact that the FBI's investigation into possible Trump team collusion with Russia in the 2016 election was not only not going anywhere -- the investigation was accelerating.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/donald-trump-james-comey-russia/index.html

Why do I think firing the Spiceman would hurt his approval most of all
You might not be wrong. I think the fact that Spicer is comedically bad rather than evil bad, I think it sometimes helps detract away from the seriousness of some of these situations. I can imagine his replacement would not be such a dork that he's hard to hate like Spicer

benjipwns

Banned
There are two reasons why President Donald Trump fired James Comey, according to a source close to the now-former FBI director:

Comey never provided the President with any assurance of personal loyalty.
Penn Jillette says this is the reason he didn't win The Celebrity Apprentice. (And Trump pissed off NBC and Walgreens in the process as it messed up their deals.)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This thing is just ridiculous.

Interesting: A few GOP Senators now privately discussing what they can do, beyond mere statements. Eg, withhold votes for Trump nominees...

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/862400683273846784

Yeah, I'll believe this when I see it.

The first tweet response and then his response to that is absolute gold:
FieldRoamer‏ @FieldRoamer 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @MarkSalter55

You're a Never-Trumper. You probably voted for Hillary like your former boss did.

Mark Salter‏ @MarkSalter55 2h2 hours ago

I sure did. And that vote is looking pretty damn patriotic right now.

benjipwns

Banned
Time-stamped interview where Penn talks about being told he'd lose because he refused to support Trump for President: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3JX4m4nJKw#t=5m40s

He's said similar things regarding the chaotic lack of rules and so has Dee Snider and Arsenio Hall when they all appeared on Adam Carolla's show together after their season.

When Carolla got fired on the show he refused to blame anyone else on the team and took the blame on himself and Trump freaked out on him for refusing to "play the game" and bring people in for drama purposes.

edit: yes, it continues to amuse me how much my stupid watching of that once good show (first two seasons of Trump's version, Martha Stewart's version, most all of Alan Sugar's UK series) prepared me for everything the President of the United States has been doing in his decision making and previously in his campaign decision making.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Lord Sugar, benji. Your conduct is most improper.

Time-stamped interview where Penn talks about being told he'd lose because he refused to support Trump for President: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3JX4m4nJKw#t=5m40s

He's said similar things regarding the chaotic lack of rules and so has Dee Snider and Arsenio Hall when they all appeared on Adam Carolla's show together after their season.

When Carolla got fired on the show he refused to blame anyone else on the team and took the blame on himself and Trump freaked out on him for refusing to "play the game" and bring people in for drama purposes.

edit: yes, it continues to amuse me how much my stupid watching of that once good show (first two seasons of Trump's version, Martha Stewart's version, most all of Alan Sugar's UK series) prepared me for everything the President of the United States has been doing in his decision making and previously in his campaign decision making.

Trump appears to have been the same guy his entire life, it's truly astonishing. The only difference now is he seemingly can't or won't put on faux-intellectual airs in situations in which it might be appropriate, as he once did, and he appears to have early signs of dementia.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
News that no one saw today.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/10/tom-price-reporter-arrest/

Tom Price commends West Virginia officers who arrested journalist asking questions

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price on Wednesday commended police in West Virginia for “doing what they thought was appropriate” in arresting a journalist who shouted questions at him, but added that it wasn’t his call to say whether they took the proper measures.

Price said the reporter confronted him while he was walking down a hallway. “That gentleman was not in a press conference,” he said.

Daniel Ralph Heyman, a reporter for the independent Public News Service, was arrested and charged with willful disruption of governmental processes, a misdemeanor, after police in West Virginia’s Capitol building said he was “aggressively” trying to get past Secret Service agents while yelling questions at Price.

Sibylus

Banned
Trump appears to have been the same guy his entire life, it's truly astonishing. The only difference now is he seemingly can't or won't put on faux-intellectual airs in situations in which it might be appropriate, as he once did, and he appears to have early signs of dementia.

That and no judicious TV editing to trim off his worst bits.

benjipwns

Banned
Lord Sugar, benji. Your conduct is most improper.
We already had this debate. We also came up one state short of getting really serious about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titles_of_Nobility_Amendment said:
If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive or retain, any title of nobility or honour, or shall, without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them.

He seemed more badass when he was Sir Alan.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
News that no one saw today.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/10/tom-price-reporter-arrest/

Tom Price commends West Virginia officers who arrested journalist asking questions

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price on Wednesday commended police in West Virginia for “doing what they thought was appropriate” in arresting a journalist who shouted questions at him, but added that it wasn’t his call to say whether they took the proper measures.

Price said the reporter confronted him while he was walking down a hallway. “That gentleman was not in a press conference,” he said.

Daniel Ralph Heyman, a reporter for the independent Public News Service, was arrested and charged with willful disruption of governmental processes, a misdemeanor, after police in West Virginia’s Capitol building said he was “aggressively” trying to get past Secret Service agents while yelling questions at Price.

Uh, SO? He has no right to ask a question because it wasn't a press conference? Give me a freaking break.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Uh, SO? He has no right to ask a question because it wasn't a press conference? Give me a freaking break.

I mean, that's not the real question. It's this:

Is this bullshit, or the truth? If it's true, that'll get you arrested.

I am not inclined to believe their account of the situation, but that's their actual claim so it's what needs to be disputed.

Plinko

I am not inclined to believe their account of the situation, but that's their actual claim so it's what needs to be disputed.

It is a real question, though. Price is putting that out there like a citizen had no right to ask him a question. That's complete garbage.

Agree about the second part, though.

And because we know just how important blind loyalty is to Trump, this is completely believable. If it's true, I have a whole new level of respect for Comey, despite his actions last October.

That initial thread full of people calling Comey a Trump supporting hack sure look good now.

The Secretary of Health and Human Services has secret service agents? What?

Is Trump just giving it to every cabinet member now? Like, are they that paranoid?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The Secretary of Health and Human Services has secret service agents? What?

Is Trump just giving it to every cabinet member now? Like, are they that paranoid?

I am not an expert on this particular topic, probably nobody here is. However I do not believe it is very unusual for Cabinet officials to have protection details when traveling.

I am not an expert on this particular topic, probably nobody here is. However I do not believe it is very unusual for Cabinet officials to have protection details when traveling.

Each department has their own security protocol. Normally cabinet members like HHS don't get Secret Service protection.

Maybe the author of the article was mistaken.

Chumley

Banned
So abundantly obvious it's ridiculous that we even have to entertain whatever bullshit excuses the WH gives for his firing.

I was fucking seething with rage at the FiveThirtyEight podcast saying "it could be anything" and that the Russian investigation reason was a conspiracy theory. Fuck those normalizing dumbasses.

Here is some context for how fast everything is going.. We're moving at breakneck pace.
yDfXNm6.png

pigeon

Banned
I've never claimed to be perfect, but at least I'm not a disgusting statist monster like Penn Jillette. And he claims to be a pacifist.

I'm just gonna say it

People love states

Violence is fundamental to scarcity which is fundamental to the universe, and cannot be escaped

(Except for gay space communism of course)

benjipwns

Banned
John Podesta's account was phished in March.

And I'm still missing what the plan of this whole conspiracy was supposed to be. It still looks like the Underpants Gnomes business plan to me.

1. Release boring e-mails.
2. ???
3. Putin becomes President.

We can't all be Marry Poppins.
Just listen to this garbage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGAO100hYcQ

LEGITIMATE USE OF VIOLENCE, IT'S LIKE WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT YOU CARNIE FILTH

i apologize for the slur

Every single group that supported candidate Trump is having their turn getting shit on. FBI agents included.

It's not when he fucks you over, it's when he gets around to it. Voting for him does not change this unless you're rich or Russian.

But they don't call it racist, they call it honest.

It's never Trump's fault.

Truth and Truth.

Please please please please keep the heat on him so he can't spin or recover please please please please

Christie thing seems like a rumor.

Interesting: A few GOP Senators now privately discussing what they can do, beyond mere statements. Eg, withhold votes for Trump nominees...

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/862400683273846784

Walk the walk, don't talk the talk. They have the power and it's their asses on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom