• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Warner hasn't heard back from Comey yet, sadly.

DonShula

Do we know if he has even been able to get back home? He had flown out to LA on the FBI plane!

There was OJ style coverage of Comey driving to the airport, getting on a plane, and taking off last night.

I cannot confirm that he actually landed though.

chadskin

Quinnipac poll:
American voters, who gave President Donald Trump a slight approval bump after the missile strike in Syria, today give him a near-record negative 36 - 58 percent job approval rating, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. Critical are big losses among white voters with no college degree, white men and independent voters.
White men go from a 53 - 41 percent approval April 19 to a split today with 48 percent approving and 46 percent disapproving.
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2456#.WRNWRZjtvwY.twitter

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Will be very interesting if Comey accepts the invitation to the committee.

Is anyone keeping a tally of Republicans who've spoken against the firing?

Off the top of my head:

Burr
McCain
Murkowski
Flake
Sasse
Amash

C_eZ3yZVYAEdpoV.jpg

"I know what will stop the media from talking about Russia. Firing Comey!!!"

Blader

hello...

By a 54 - 38 percent margin, American voters want the Democratic Party to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives. This is the widest margin ever measured for this question in a Quinnipiac University poll, exceeding a 5 percentage point margin for Republicans in 2013.

If Democrats had won control of the U.S. Senate in the 2016 elections, the country would be in a better place than it is now, 41 percent of voters say, while 27 percent say it would be in a worse place and 30 percent say it would be the same.

American voters dislike Democrats less than they dislike Republicans:
Voters disapprove 71 - 22 percent of the way Republicans in Congress do their job;
Voters disapprove 58 - 34 percent of the way Democrats in Congress are doing their job.

Ogodei

Off the top of my head:

Burr
McCain
Murkowski
Flake
Sasse
Amash

Amash is an odd duck among the Freedom Caucus, closer to an actual libertarian instead of just a Christian Falangist-Anarchist.

kirblar

Off the top of my head:

Burr
McCain
Murkowski
Flake
Sasse
Amash
Comstock (cause she represents NOVA and is in danger of losing her seat in '18.)

pigeon

Banned
The Democrats are objecting to unanimous consent requests in the Senate today, which is great. Need to call my Senator and tell him to keep it up until we have a special prosecutor or select committee.

I take great pleasure in Pence being dragged to the hill to break a tie on that methane vote only for it to fail anyway. Rare misstep by McConnell

Not a misstep. McCain switched his vote on the floor. He was upset about something!

Why do you believe this? Honest question. We already have the republican leadership defending this move and falling into line behind trump. We've seen that his followers fell in line for ACHA as well. It feels like 40% of the country are basically lost to you now in terms of rational behaviour or the ability to consider their team might have done something wrong.

Let's assume this is true. What's the appropriate response?

This might help clarify why people want to believe it is not true.

benjipwns

Banned
Amash is an odd duck among the Freedom Caucus, closer to an actual libertarian instead of just a Christian Falangist-Anarchist.
He's posted a justification for every vote he's ever made on his blog/Facebook page.

The State GOP despises him and wants to destroy him but they've already botched it twice. Didn't even vett the one candidate who had stormfront posts or something they ran against him in the primary.

Slacker

I can't believe I'm saying this, but after a shaky start Huck Sanders was actually not terrible at the podium. Everything she said was 100% horseshit of course, but unlike Spicer she wasn't a complete asshole the whole time. I wouldn't be surprised it Sean decided it's time to spend more time with his family soon.

Nicole Wallace has been on MSNBC for years and is pretty reasonable. I'd watch her show. Hewitt, on the other hand... not so much.

She seems that way because the right is super crazy right now. I don't trust Republicans, even the ones that sound reasonable/decent. Kasich sounds that way but if you listen closely, he's just as a bad as the loony ones.

She seems that way because the right is super crazy right now. I don't trust Republicans, even the ones that sound reasonable/decent. Kasich sounds that way but if you listen closely, he's just as a bad as the loony ones.

Ernie Johnson from Inside the NBA is a Republican, you don't trust him either? You don't know anyone in your life that is a Republican?

I don't get what kind of worlds you guys live in. You either don't know any Republicans at all or you have some crazy friend/family member that believes in crazy conspiracies or is bitterly racist.

benjipwns

Banned
If MSNBC goes the CNN path, I guess I won't be watching network news anymore :/
Do you work for media matters or something?

I just assume anyone who actually watches news channels does, is elderly or is in a waiting room somewhere.

Possibly all three.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
He's posted a justification for every vote he's ever made on his blog/Facebook page.

The State GOP despises him and wants to destroy him but they've already botched it twice. Didn't even vett the one candidate who had stormfront posts or something they ran against him in the primary.

That's interesting.

I don't know much about him, and I'm sure I disagree with him on plenty of issues. But at the minimum you've got to have some respect for somebody who is willing to stand by and defend his choices rather than running away from them.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Do you work for media matters or something?

I just assume anyone who actually watches news channels does, is elderly or is in a waiting room somewhere.

Possibly all three.

What? This is either a really stupid post or there's a joke I'm not getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom