• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw this earlier and it was super interesting. I didn't realize the CPC was so much larger than the Freedom Caucus!

Part of that is because you have to be invited to join the Freedom Caucus, but yeah. It was interesting. Also, I couldn't actually find a current list of members of the Tuesday Group.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So, what else could explain this?

szA1EYk.png

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/884248485163302912

I also saw a graph someone posted of the server traffic from Trump Tower to the Alva banks and those also started rising right after that meeting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I also saw a graph someone posted of the server traffic from Trump Tower to the Alva banks and those also started rising right after that meeting.

Yeah, this is how an investigation snowballs.
You start seeing patterns you could not before, which opens up new avenues of investigation.

Seth Abramson is cool now?

I saw it posted on reddit, in the comments the other possible explanation was the pulse nightclub shooting and /r/news controversy.

Infrastructure
LMAO as if
and.......um........Immigration? I'm kind of drawing a blank.

Infrastructure seems like such an easy win for the GOP, to be honest. I guess maybe they can't count on enough votes without spending cuts.

Like, infrastructure is really popular and a perfect opportunity for Trump to do some dumb photo ops and tout his credentials as a "builder" or whatever.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Infrastructure seems like such an easy win for the GOP, to be honest. I guess maybe they can't count on enough votes without spending cuts.

Like, infrastructure is really popular and a perfect opportunity for Trump to do some dumb photo ops and tout his credentials as a "builder" or whatever.

Except, they want to do it in a subsidized "toll roads" bullshit method.

I'm hearing way too many "nothing's gonna ever happen" with regards to Trump's collusion, etc, mostly because the GOP and the money-men (Koch bros, etc) have a stake in nothing happening to him. Can someone set my mind at ease and assure me that something will happen to Trump before his term is up?

If you want something to happen to Trump vote in the midterms.

Impeachment will come if there is political pressure on Congress depending on the results of the investigation and/or Democrats are in the majority in Congress.

Depending on the results of the investigation( if it is concluded in the first term) if Congress or anyone else doesn't force Trump to resign, or if he doesn't get removed by Congress he might be a severe drag on the Republicans come 2020.

Crocodile

Well there is "Infrastructure" (spend federal money on building and repair projects) and there is "Infrastructure (tax cuts for corporations and privatization of public programs that will magically force them to make new jobs). If "Infrastructure" happens, it will be the later but it likely won't produce the gains anyone really wants.

I also heard that Senate Republicans quietly took that air traffic controller plan from "Infrastructure Week" out back and shot it. Anyone have a source for that?

Except, they want to do it in a subsidized "toll roads" bullshit method.

Well, sure, I have serious doubts about the actual results of what they want to do. I think it's generally a handout to corporations.

But it would be an easy PR win, I think. People like infrastructure and don't care much for the specifics.

Well, sure, I have serious doubts about the actual results of what they want to do. I think it's generally a handout to corporations.

But it would be an easy PR win, I think. People like infrastructure and don't care much for the specifics.
I mean, I think people would care about the specifics if it messes with their daily lives?

If suddenly the roads I used became toll roads I'd probably be unhappy.

surprisingly we don't have toll roads anywhere in Idaho, I've never encountered one in my life

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Memed it

19883968_10213853635953812_2927802988511031697_n.jpg

The reauthorization of NCLB passed in the last Congress will probably be a more significant reform than anything done under Trump and the Republicans.

That picture of trump is flawless

Twitter detectives aren't reporters; he's posted so much Russia FUD - y'all are getting Mesnched.

There is a big difference between what Abramson does and what Mensch does. Abramson is honest about the limitations and suggests alternative interpretations of data, such as pointing out the spike in T_D membership happened after he won the Nevada primary.

kirblar

I mean, I think people would care about the specifics if it messes with their daily lives?

surprisingly we don't have toll roads anywhere in Idaho, I've never encountered one in my life
That's not surprising consider you don't have the volume metrics needed to justify one.

I very much doubt the roads people use every day would become toll roads

If that was the case, then sure people would be mad. Id guess it would be done in ways where that isn't the case.

PBY

Banned
There is a big difference between what Abramson does and what Mensch does. Abramson is honest about the limitations and suggests alternative interpretations of data, such as pointing out the spike in T_D membership happened after he won the Nevada primary.

I dunno man, the evidence is right here:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...ning-to-seth-abramson-on-donald-trumps-r.html

This seem like a good resource to you? "Alternative interpretations of data" is a really generous euphemism for conspiracy theories.

Trump is the kid in high school who wrote one paragraph for a 5-page essay and tried fucking around with the margins to get it to an acceptable length.

I very much doubt the roads people use every day would become toll roads

If that was the case, then sure people would be mad. Id guess it would be done in ways where that isn't the case.
by my own admission I have no experience with toll roads so maybe you're right

I still imagine people would be happier seeing the improvements actually come to their infrastructure so they'd need to do a good job on delivering. Just knowing that infrastructure work was "done" while not seeing real improvement I don't think would be popular.

I'm hearing way too many "nothing's gonna ever happen" with regards to Trump's collusion, etc, mostly because the GOP and the money-men (Koch bros, etc) have a stake in nothing happening to him. Can someone set my mind at ease and assure me that something will happen to Trump before his term is up?

No, we can't, and you shouldn't be looking at all of this as a countdown until Trump is frog-marched out of the White House. There is a very very serious and seemingly very very thorough independent investigation underway and what is most important of all is for the country to learn the full extent of whatever was going on last year, and however far it does or does not reach.

My reasonable guess at this point is that several people close to the center of the campaign are very definitely fucked. Beyond that we should just look forward to what are hopefully very complete results of the investigation.

Is this true? If so, why are we like 50 years behind on our infrastructure?

I think it is generally popular. We're behind on it for a lot of reasons - no one wants to spend the money on it, no one wants to raise taxes to do it, lobbying by certain industries to keep some infrastructure down, etc

But whenever it's polled people like the idea of improving our infrastructure.

None of the shit he leaked was even close to classified. WTF are you talking about? LOL

He could do whatever he pleases with his notes that have nothing to do with anything... (at that point)

Also since when somebody's opinion means "WE KNOW"??!

I didn't say what he leaked was classified. Furthermore, Mr. Turley (who does great work at GWU and elsewhere for liberal/progressive causes) has a relevant take in this case on whether this was appropriate conduct. Comey was trying to be slick after being fired and may have missed a spot covering his tracks.

by my own admission I have no experience with toll roads so maybe you're right

I still imagine people would be happier seeing the improvements actually come to their infrastructure so they'd need to do a good job on delivering. Just knowing that infrastructure work was "done" while not seeing real improvement I don't think would be popular.

A lot of voters are easy to please, I think. Infrastructure would look good to Obama-Trump voters in the Midwest, at the very least. It just seems like an easy PR win compared to healthcare which is anything but easy or a win.

I think it is generally popular. We're behind on it for a lot of reasons - no one wants to spend the money on it, no one wants to raise taxes to do it, lobbying by certain industries to keep some infrastructure down, etc

But whenever it's polled people like the idea of improving our infrastructure.

So they care about the specifics, then. People like infrastructure but don't like to pay for it.

A lot of voters are easy to please, I think. Infrastructure would look good to Obama-Trump voters in the Midwest, at the very least. It just seems like an easy PR win compared to healthcare which is anything but easy or a win.
I disagree, I guess. I don't think privatizing air traffic controllers is going to be a big vote winner. If Trump actually makes roads and internet access better then that would be good for him, but I think there's a higher likelihood of him fucking it up.

It certainly is an easier win than healthcare though.

Seth Abramson is an opportunist plain and simple. He latched onto Bernie during the primaries because it got him clicks, now he is just doing the same the Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom