• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fuck this country

DEYlHxuXYAAS5v9.jpg

I don't give a shit about what people think about media, but Universities?!!! What the actual fuck?! Shy not go back to stone age when nobody had to know anything?

I mean I wish people realized that many of theses questions aren't measuring the same thing.

the dems are half responding to the fox news and WSJ's of the world and the right to the CNNs and MSNBCs

It could be more nuanced than even that. Lots of Dems blamed CNN for the Clinton email coverage during the election.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What republicans have done to the concept of education makes me furious.

Qatar wouldn't give Baby Kush a loan, so did that directly affect Trump going after them?

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/10...get-a-half-billion-dollar-bailout-from-qatar/

I think he went after Qatar because he was sucking up to all the other countries that are blockading Qatar. This is the same guy that didn't know about our bases in Qatar. The guy that loves the military. I'm pretty sure Kush was not even on his mind.

Which is interesting since many of the top Republicans are highly educated.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't give a shit about what people think about media, but Universities?!!! What the actual fuck?! Shy not go back to stone age when nobody had to know anything?

Universities are full of Marxists and gays and your child will learn critical thinking and evolution and always need a safe space

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/884419390942392320

Politico: In private, Trump has spoken of spending $10M out of his own pocket to defeat GOP Sen. Jeff Flake

It's funny comparing Trump to past presidents (in either party) who had no problem sucking up to rogue party members because they knew the consequences of telling them to piss off would be much worse (e.g. Bush endorsing Lincoln Chafee in 06).

Especially since Trump's enemies are not based on ideology any more complex than "they were meanie butts to me"

Kusagari

It's funny comparing Trump to past presidents (in either party) who had no problem sucking up to rogue party members because they knew the consequences of telling them to piss off would be much worse (e.g. Bush endorsing Lincoln Chafee in 06).

Especially since Trump's enemies are not based on ideology any more complex than "they were meanie butts to me"

Why? Because of shit Flake said back during the election?

So AP is reporting the music publicist Goldstone says he hooked up meeting with Jr and Russian lawyer on behalf of a Russian popstar/real estate guy named Emin Algarov. Who is Emin?

In an exclusive interview with FORBES, Emin Agalarov—a Russian pop singer, real estate mogul and son of one of the country’s richest people—described an ongoing relationship with the Trump family, including post-election contact with the president himself.

Among Agalarov’s most striking claims: that he and his billionaire developer father, Aras, had plans to build a Trump Tower in Russia that would now likely be under construction had Trump not run for office; that he has maintained contact with the Trump family since the election, and has exchanged messages with Donald Trump Jr. as recently as January; and that President Trump himself sent a handwritten note to the Agalarovs in November after they congratulated him on his victory.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2017/03/20/russian-billionaire-family-trump-ties-ongoing/

Mueller just needs to sit all day and google these clowns. No investigation needed.

Loxley

They would prefer it that way, yeah. "Keep'em ignorant and ill-informed" is an unofficial Republican motto. They think all non-Christian colleges/universities are liberal indoctrination schools.

Blader

The "fire Mueller" bandwagon is getting louder on the right.

That always seems to flare up every time one of them accidentally cops to collusion.

This is another show of how fucking bad at politics Trump is. What happens if Flake survives his primary and general? You've just turned a critical-but-ultimately-always-supportive ally into an enemy.

If there really are hookers, then couldn't they come forward also? I realize, though, the situations they are often in (exceptionally if they are used for rich people like this, they must be controlled big time. Sad situation all around if you really start thinking about it. Hopefully they are all right and putin didn't off them too.

We had this flare up a little while ago and it settled down once cooler heads realized it was suicide to fire him.
But if he and his family are guilty

Then so what? What's the alternative? Just allowing Mueller and all his team pile together evidence in a way that possibly can't be disputed? Or fire him and hope to buy themselves some time by continuing to obstruct.

Or he could pardon Flynn, Manafort, his kids, Pence.. And wait so if he is charged he could resign and have Pence pardon him on the way out.

I see one of those two things happening

If there really are hookers, then couldn't they come forward also? I realize, though, the situations they are often in (exceptionally if they are used for rich people like this, they must be controlled big time. Sad situation all around if you really start thinking about it. Hopefully they are all right and putin didn't off them too.

Those women probably never see the light of day, let alone be able to spread the word of such a huge controversy. Shit, I bet Putin had them "silenced" shortly after.

Ogodei

Anti-intellectualism is as American as apple pie, it's just that the GOP used to be the thinking man's party (way back, pre-FDR when the Dems were the party of proud stupid), and even as their base shifted, the top of the party kept that shit under lock until the inmates took over the asylum.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Hah, there is no way Trump is spending his own money on something like this. No one believes that.

But if he and his family are guilty

Then so what? What's the alternative? Just allowing Mueller and all his team pile together evidence in a way that possibly can't be disputed? Or fire him and hope to buy themselves some time by continuing to obstruct.

Or he could pardon Flynn, Manafort, his kids, Pence.. And wait so if he is charged he could resign and have Pence pardon him on the way out.

I see one of those two things happening

That's a big gamble though since he can only try to pardon federal crimes. If he tries that, he'll end up running from state charges for the rest of his life.

There isn't any evidence for any of this...

Putin has journalists jailed or killed. Gun to my head, I'd bet that plenty of sex workers have taken the wrong clients before.

Anti-intellectualism is as American as apple pie, it's just that the GOP used to be the thinking man's party (way back, pre-FDR when the Dems were the party of proud stupid), and even as their base shifted, the top of the party kept that shit under lock until the inmates took over the asylum.

As late as the 70s, when the Labor/Management divide was still a big part of the parties' identities too.

PBY

Banned
Putin has journalists jailed or killed. Gun to my head, I'd bet that plenty of sex workers have taken the wrong clients before.

Sure, but were discussing Putin murdering the hookers from the supposed pee tape, which is all conspiracy, despite how probable it may seem to some. Just feel like we have to stay grounded on this Russia stuff.

Ogodei

As late as the 70s, when the Labor/Management divide was still a big part of the parties' identities too.

It was mixed, FDR and Truman came up with the GI bill, for instance, and promoted science and technology, though the base had that class-based sense that street smarts were more important than book learning.

This is another show of how fucking bad at politics Trump is. What happens if Flake survives his primary and general? You've just turned a critical-but-ultimately-always-supportive ally into an enemy.
Also Flake could lose the primary and then the Republican nominee could lose the election to a Democrat.

Flake could win the primary but lose the election to a Democrat in a close race where he could have benefited from having the party apparatus behind him the whole time.

There is no gain from this for Trump other than satisfying a personal vendetta and it's money that could have gone towards defeating McCaskill or Donnelly.

Sure, but were discussing Putin murdering the hookers from the supposed pee tape, which is all conspiracy, despite how probable it may seem to some. Just feel like we have to stay grounded on this Russia stuff.
Putin has murdered way more politically damaging opponents than hookers. There's being grounded and then there's being PBY.

kess

It was mixed, FDR and Truman came up with the GI bill, for instance, and promoted science and technology, though the base had that class-based sense that street smarts were more important than book learning.

Arguably, the shift was on from the moment Charles Evans Hughes lost the presidency in 1916. The Republican party hasn't had a professorial or broadly progressive candidate on the ballot since except maybe Alf Landon, and he got beat like a gong.

chadskin

Just FYI on the Comey memos:

Three of the memos were classified from the beginning, and were never shared with Richman, the professor tells NBC News.

Of the remaining four, a small portion — much less than half — has been retroactively deemed classified, said a Congressional source familiar with the matter.

The retroactive classification may lead to criticism of Comey, since that was exactly the process that stung Hillary Clinton during the campaign.

Emails that went to Clinton’s private server were later determined to contain classified information, even though they were not marked classified at the time.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/comey-pal-responds-trump-tweet-about-illegal-leaks-n781361

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom