• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because I think you're disingenuous at best. You're just lashing out because Bernie didn't win the primary and then going after Hillary because she didn't win. Let's just cut the bullshit. Hillary was popular a few years ago and a fat lot a good that did her in the end. Bernie couldn't get the job done and neither did Hillary.

You continue to come on a board you apparently don't like just to throw some "nana nana boo boo" type shit and when you get called out, you try to play the victim. So you'll have to forgive me if I believe that your intentions are less than ideal. You want to vent? Then vent until you're tired. But don't piss in my cup and call it lemonade.

Yes, put me on ignore. It's what I do with people who cuss me out. The difference is I didn't cuss you out.

Why do I post on GAF? I love GAF. Been here since 98-99.

A reinforced glass wall would be pretty cool, kinda hard to put the solar panels on top though
EDIT: lol reading the whole thing completely he already makes the wall super small, "that part is pretty remote, no one is going to go through there"

trumps wall to scale

th

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Cuban thinks net neutrality is the worst thing ever.

He can fuck off.

It's kind of a good litmus test for policy in general.
If you argue against it, you are basically saying that only those with enough capital should be able to dictate the terms of the internet.

kirblar

Yes, put me on ignore. It's what I do with people who cuss me out. The difference is I didn't cuss you out.

"The problem isn't my terrible opinions, it's your lack of decorum"
(Didn't help that she was being shouted down by a bunch of petty, whiny little shits who were happy to see Donald Trump elected)
I'm so happy to see that sort of fault line emerging in Gillespie's campaign in VA.

barber

trumps wall to scale

th
"The wall just got 10 feet taller! (and 100 km shorter)"

This response is blazing fast for the Catholic Church. What's next Pope Francis? Pedophilia is a sin?
I mean as PR the pope has been making bank. The first latino-pope was always going to be great as nowadays a big chunk of christians are there or in Africa, plus being big on the keep our world alive and the more pro-science parts of religion has been good (could still do much MUCH better in pedophilia and improve the women's work inside the church by allowing them to officiate as in protestantism)
Plus i am 100% sure he hates Trump for being a clear representation of some of the capital sins (Lust, Greed, Wrath, Envy and Pride at least), being someone who clearly doesn't give a fuck about improving people's life or giving back to the poor and going against the more open borders and collaborative ideology he has. (Plus I am 40% sure Trump called him Mexican)

I'm about ready to unfollow Democracy Now. They keep having Greenwald on, and this time he was on there trying to explain that Trump Jr.'s e-mails aren't a smoking gun or evidence of criminal collusion, while also accusing Democrats of having done similar things before.

Hindl

You don't get to come in here, say the only reason voted for their candidate is because she was a woman, and then take the moral high ground when people call you terrible. But since you want to talk politics and not have nasty talk, respond to this please
Alright then I'll ask you about politics again. You say the Democrats should've nominated Bernie Sanders over Clinton. Clinton stomped Bernie in the primaries. Beat him by over 3 Million votes. So how is it not voter suppression and "rigging" and everything the Bernie wing accused the DNC of to take the nomination from Clinton and giving it to Bernie despite her clearly beating him?

Ogodei

I'm about ready to unfollow Democracy Now. They keep having Greenwald on, and this time he was on there trying to explain that Trump Jr.'s e-mails aren't a smoking gun or evidence of criminal collusion, while also accusing Democrats of having done similar things before.

Hard to believe he isn't compromised too at this point. I get that there are plenty of people who are happy to "both sides!" without having any sort of outside backing, but he's hewed specifically in the pro-Russian (if not exactly pro-Trump) interpretation of all of these events to be credulous at this point.

What I want to know is if we suck so badly and are so mean and apparently push innocent babes to vote for racists, why do people even come in here and bother with us?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This response is blazing fast for the Catholic Church. What's next Pope Francis? Pedophilia is a sin?

He is certainly taking things in the right direction. Very consistently being two steps forward and one step back. Honestly, I think there is an upper limit on how much he can change course over a period of time and he has done an acceptable job reaching that limit.

I'm really getting sick of that "wing" of the Democrats. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to call them Democrats anymore.

People voted Clinton because of her ideas? It's widely viewed she had no agenda.

Tell me. Why did you vote for Hillary? It's not misogynistic. I voted for her in the general. She has no ideas however. And some people did vote for her because she's a woman and that's the only reason. Sad but true.

It's tough for PoliGAF to face the truth Hillary was the worst candidate on the stage, bar Jim Webb. Yup. Even the Chafe would have done better.

Well, not every candidate can be as awesome as Dennis Kucinich.

You don't get to come in here, say the only reason voted for their candidate is because she was a woman, and then take the moral high ground when people call you terrible. But since you want to talk politics and not have nasty talk, respond to this please

Alright then I'll ask you about politics again. You say the Democrats should've nominated Bernie Sanders over Clinton. Clinton stomped Bernie in the primaries. Beat him by over 3 Million votes. So how is it not voter suppression and "rigging" and everything the Bernie wing accused the DNC of to take the nomination from Clinton and giving it to Bernie despite her clearly beating him?

I never said anything of the sort. Hence why I haven't responded to this.

COP: ErasureAcer, why did you kill the man?
ErasuerAcer: Huh?

They should have voted for Bernie so he'd be the nominee. Not take the nomination away from Hillary after she won the nomination. I suppose the Super Delegates could have tilted it over to Bernie but that would never happen since they're a majority of status quo, everything is fine, people which Bernie doesn't represent with his revolution.

kirblar

If Bernie wanted to win the nomination he could have figured out how to talk to people that didn't resemble the population of Vermont.

They should have voted for Bernie so he'd be the nominee. Not take the nomination away from Hillary after she won the nomination. I suppose the Super Delegates could have tilted it over to Bernie but that would never happen since they're a majority of status quo, everything is fine, people which Bernie doesn't represent with his revolution.

So... you wouldn't take the nomination away from Hillary...

But then you say the superdelegates should've taken the nomination away from Hillary...

And you ignore his point that Bernie lost fair and square in the popular vote and pledged delegates.

EDIT: Sorry, you say people "should've voted for Bernie," which comes off as incredibly condescending.

Well, not every candidate can be as awesome as Dennis Kucinich.

I don't keep up with the Kooch anymore. Haven't for years. Everytime I do see him it's in some Fox News clip. Dude seems to have changed, a lot, for the worse.

Glad to have supported the dude supporting GLBT rights when it wasn't the popular position in the nation. Glad all you guys fell in line.

PBY

Banned
No, it's not. To win, Bernie needed to cut into Hillary's margins w/ older and/or minority voters. You adapt or die. He chose to die.

There were other factors too. Its not like he chose this - his approval with minority voters remain insanely high.

Hindl

Then maybe I'm misinterpreting this?
And some also thought she was more electable than Bernie all the while ignoring the polls that said otherwise, this very board included. *

LOL @ all the hate in this thread. You guys must live miserable lives.

*The real delusion and disingenuity.
Why would you bring up polls saying that Bernie was more electable than Clinton if not to suggest he should've been given the nominee? Otherwise it just seems like bringing it up just to score an easy point

kirblar

Just admit your argument is reductive.
It's not reductive to say that Bernie Sanders has been representing the most rural, second-most-white state in the country, and that it left him w/ serious weaknesses trying to address a party based primarily in diverse urban areas across the country.

So... you wouldn't take the nomination away from Hillary...

But then you say the superdelegates should've taken the nomination away from Hillary...

And you ignore his point that Bernie lost fair and square in the popular vote and pledged delegates.

EDIT: Sorry, you say people "should've voted for Bernie," which comes off as incredibly condescending.

They should have. We wouldn't have Trump right now if they did. God must have a bigger and better plan.

How would it be possible to take away the nomination from Clinton? It doesn't make sense what the guy is saying which I never said in the first place. It's comically laughable, hence my cop line...why did you kill the man? I never killed the man nor said what I'm being accused of.

Are you on some kind of drug man? What are you talking about? I have to acknowledge Bernie lost by saying, "Yes, Bernie lost."? We already know Bernie lost. What the heck are you talking about?

It's not reductive to say that Bernie Sanders has been representing the most rural, second-most-white state in the country, and that it left him w/ serious weaknesses trying to address a party based primarily in diverse urban areas across the country.

Sure, but he also won Muslims and Native Americans (I wasn't sure about Asian Americans). Which was Max's point.

"The wall just got 10 feet taller! (and 100 km shorter)"

I mean as PR the pope has been making bank. The first latino-pope was always going to be great as nowadays a big chunk of christians are there or in Africa, plus being big on the keep our world alive and the more pro-science parts of religion has been good (could still do much MUCH better in pedophilia and improve the women's work inside the church by allowing them to officiate as in protestantism)
Plus i am 100% sure he hates Trump for being a clear representation of some of the capital sins (Lust, Greed, Wrath, Envy and Pride at least), being someone who clearly doesn't give a fuck about improving people's life or giving back to the poor and going against the more open borders and collaborative ideology he has. (Plus I am 40% sure Trump called him Mexican)

Make no mistake, Pope Francis is way better for the Catholic Church than any Pope the Catholic Church has seen since Pope John XXIII, but still, agreeing that Bannon says crazy shit is kinda a soft-ball.

Is this "drug bags flung over the wall hitting innocent Americans" thing based on a published story? Surely it's not something he just dreamed up, right?

Bernie should have been the nominee if he had won the nomination(which requires people voting for him) not because he knee-capped Hillary. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

Bernie had the messaging, the trustworthiness, the non-stop energy, the small dollar donations times infinity, and the lead in polls over Trump while Hillary was a coin toss(which it ended up being in which she lost).

They should have. We wouldn't have Trump right now if they did. God must have a bigger and better plan.

You accuse me of spouting nonsense but deliver this august rejoinder. Okay. We've explained to you how hypothetical such polls can be. Bernie lost and never had to endure the Republican attack machine, which would've smeared him to kingdom come. They had a file inches thick on him. This shady business with his wife and Burlington College would've been only a small part of the bullshit thrown at him.

Sure, but he also won Muslims and Native Americans (I wasn't sure about Asian Americans). Which was Max's point.
data on Asian Americans is hard because they're not really too densely populated anywhere but Hawaii, but he won Hawaii by 40 points and has good performance in other places like Seattle with large Asian populations.

also worth noting that the Hispanic vote looked a lot different than the black vote (where Bernie got murdered), per exit polls he even won it in places like Illinois and Nevada (and even if they're off, he certainly did fine with them)

You accuse me of spouting nonsense but deliver this august rejoinder. Okay. We've explained to you how hypothetical such polls can be. Bernie lost and never had to endure the Republican attack machine, which would've smeared him to kingdom come. They had a file inches thick on him. This shady business with his wife and Burlington College would've been only a small part of the bullshit thrown at him.

Oh yes, the Republican smear campaign. I'm so afraid of bullshit.

Just admit your argument is reductive; as if name recognition and related Clinton-factors had nothing to do with the result.

The thing is he should have adapted. If you are going to run in a primary you need to know the audience. He lost because he wasn't capable of winning the demographics he needed to win and wasn't able to turnout the numbers with the demographics he was already winning with to overcome the lost demographics.

Hindl

Bernie should have been the nominee if he had won the nomination(which requires people voting for him) not because he knee-capped Hillary. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

Bernie had the messaging, the trustworthiness, the non-stop energy, the small dollar donations times infinity, and the lead in polls over Trump while Hillary was a coin toss(which it ended up being in which she lost).
This seems fairly self-evident, and actually a little wrong? Bernie would have been (not should have been) the nominee if he won the nomination. That's the whole point of the nomination process. Whoever wins it gets to be the nominee. You're arguing a tautology and that's why people are confused. Of course he would've been the nominee. But he didn't win, so any discussion about him being the nominee once he lost is moot. The only way it makes sense to talk about him being the nominee even after he lost is if he was rewarded the nomination despite losing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom