• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I don't believe that they won't take another stab at this. We've heard "we're moving on" from Republican leadership before.

But now, they have to get another Motion to Proceed. And this shit just gets harder the longer it goes. And NOBODY wants to juggle this hot potato in an election year.

So they've got a super narrow window later this year after they get the budget and the debt ceiling hammered out, and it's gonna be every bit as brutal as this one. If not more so.

Ugh, yes. Get fucked Mitch!

This is why you clap and hug and do whatever to butter up people. You don't boo them when they return from cancer treatments. Had the Democrats boo'd McCain's return, we might be looking at a passed repeal.

John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood 32m32 minutes ago
More
btw, this is the point in the calendar at which GOP Congress had said both Obamacare repeal/replace and tax reform would be signed into law

#winning

barber

Biggest fail of the year yesterday and there has been a lot of them so far!
About McCain, what could be the reason?
-Not give a Win to Trump over such a law that fuck everyone
-Help some friends in the senate that need the yes but really don't want it to pass
-Fuck Ryan cause he is stupid
-Fuck turtle cause he fucking made you go vote for a stupid law when you should be recovering
-Other
¿?

And I must ask, why did they made last week the one about "Made in America" and the Foxconn new factory is notified this? Like how can you fail like that?

barber

With the AHCA dead they cannot do tax reform through the reconciliation process, right?

Turtleface will find some shady procedural loophole, of course...

They only need to find a way such that it is revenue neutral in 10 years right? So just asume trickle-down economics and 3% GDP growth per year and done.

UberTag

The Dems couldn't have planned this any better. Every Representative and Senator voted, and a whole heap of them promoted the various bills. It's almost magical.
It amuses me that the bill that the House Republicans (minus 20) voted for most didn't read because it was a "pass the buck" gesture to the Senate. And the bill that the Senate Republicans (minus 3) voted for was effectively thrown together at the last second on the equivalent of a lunch napkin totaling all of 8 pages that MOST of them actually didn't want to get passed into law and blamed for.

DFzOuHoVwAAO-T6

Whoops.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It failed!?

Oh my god, what a thing to wake up to

Oh my god

Same here. I instantly went to CNN expecting to see the bad news and was stunned to see McCain on the front page.

I haven't been this surprised in a long time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is why you clap and hug and do whatever to butter up people. You don't boo them when they return from cancer treatments. Had the Democrats boo'd McCain's return, we might be looking at a passed repeal.

Well, and because we should be treating people with respect.

My last thought as I collapsed into sleep at 2:30 AM last night was "...AND HELLER VOTED FOR IT LOL"

I gotta pull back from following politics a little

jtb

Banned
Schumer passed his first test with flying colors. He did a great job. I think many of our fears have proven, thankfully, to be unfounded.

Still can't believe there are people still saying this was all some sort of elaborate ploy by McConnell. Like he wanted McCain to vote no.

Dude looked like he had a flashback of someone running over his dog from childhood when he told him

Plinko

Trump called McCain while he was on the floor.

Guess you shouldn't have criticized him for being captured.

Barzul

Fucking hell it failed. What great news to wake up to. Maverick McCain, I'm prepared to say I misjudged the man. He will buck his party even occasionally.

Now we don't have to deal with snobby "I've always said it would pass, you were delusional to think otherwise" people drive by trolling the thread and patting themselves on the back for a job well done while thousands die

Of course, now I could go back and do that to everyone who thought it would pass, saying I told you so, but I wouldn't do that. The vote was way too close for that, and the best satisfaction from all of this is that millions haven't lost their healthcare.

Nobody could have predicted this ending

Plinko

Oh man the stare McCain gives McConnell after he votes no. Like something out of a movie. Highly recommend you all check it out in the OT thread (may have been posted in here last night, too).

Now we don't have to deal with snobby "I've always said it would pass, you were delusional to think otherwise" people drive by trolling the thread and patting themselves on the back for a job well done while thousands die

Of course, now I could go back and do that to everyone who thought it would pass, saying I told you so, but I wouldn't do that. The vote was way too close for that, and the best satisfaction from all of this is that millions haven't lost their healthcare.

Nobody could have predicted this ending

I mean, isn't this exactly that?

CCS

Banned
Oh man the stare McCain gives McConnell after he votes no. Like something out of a movie. Highly recommend you all check it out in the OT thread (may have been posted in here last night, too).

I mean, isn't this exactly that?

The best thing about the video is you really can see the moment McConnell's soul breaks.

McCain was a little late coming back to the floor for his vote.

Did he literally get off the phone with Trump and immediately vote No? Great talk, Donny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom