• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, he's back to deliberately hoping that millions of Americans suffer and to use it as a bargaining chip. Bold strategy, Cotton...
Yeah trump is gonna try his damnedest to subvert the law by trashing Ocare from within
He's the President. The GOP runs congress. They fucking own 100% of it now and will be held accountable regardless of what happens.

3 Republicans and 48 Democrats let the American people down. As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Watch!

Loooool yeah that's a great strategy to just say you're going to fuck over voters by being passive.

I can't sleep all I wanna do is dance

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah trump is gonna try his damnedest to subvert the law by trashing Ocare from within

I don't think he can do it without Bannon, Priebus, or Price's help.

It's not like he's going to write his own executive order instructing Price on how to dismantle a bill he has absolutely 0 understanding of.

All those reactions are fascinating. Schumer didn't like the applause that broke out.

Nope, democrats were on fucking point with messaging tonight. No singing from the gallery. Like really, I was impressed with all of them, including the speeches they're giving protestors outside the capital now.

DFzWFvNU0AIkiMQ

lame but w/e I'll take it if Trumpcare is dead

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I credit Sanders for the win. The waltz hug was probably the thing to make McCain change his mind.

teiresias

Trust between the GOP caucus is in a shambles. Between Ryan and McConnell forcing these tough votes and ending with nothing and the President personally attacking members of Congress from his own party, I'm surprised anyone in the GOP cooperates or trusts anyone there in leadership anymore.

God, this feels so good. Repeal had filed, upsetting conservatives, plus they're all on the record having voted for this stuff, energizing liberals. An R/R/R government managed a double loss on the same topic! Contest every Senate seat now. Even sold red states. Go for all of them. Contest every house seat. Everyone that voted for the house bill.
McCain statement is out there now, basically he didn't like the bill and didn't trust Ryan
The wisest man in the Senate.
today we witnessed a top 10 american political plot twist
It would have been top 10 even without the shock vote shift on the floor. NO Senate vote is EVER a surprise anymore. It's been that way for decades.
Edit: That's an accidental cross-post from the OT, sorry. Meh.

Kevinroc

I can feel the anxiety in the pit of my stomach. I know how this is going to go and I still feel this sickening anxiety in the pit of my stomach.

I was wrong. I have never been happier to be wrong in my life.

(I know this isn't over. But for tonight, at least, I can breath easy.)

Owzers

McCain: maybe we should replace it with something that isn't so clearly terrible?

Trump: I don't care you suck I hate you.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Not much talk about it, but it does deserve a mention.

All of the Dems were in line for this vote, no waffling or questions.

Tester (MT)
Heitkamp (ND)
McCaskill (MO)
Manchin (WV)
Donnelly (IN)

They are all in states that went > 18% towards Trump, and all did the right thing.

Tester (MT)
Heitkamp (ND)
McCaskill (MO)
Manchin (WV)
Donnelly (IN)

They are all in states that went > 18% towards Trump, and all did the right thing.
People in this thread a few weeks back were saying Manchin would vote for AHCA.

Always have faith in the Manch, baby.

Tester (MT)
Heitkamp (ND)
McCaskill (MO)
Manchin (WV)
Donnelly (IN)

Yep, never in doubt for one moment

People in this thread a few weeks back were saying Manchin would vote for AHCA.

Always have faith in the Manch, baby.
Ick, I forgot about that. And the discussion always ended up going to "literally any vote against the ACHA is better than an R in that seat."

Democrats did the right thing when the voted for Obamacare originally, and they paid the price at the midterms. They did the right thing today, and can get revenge for their position on the same law 8 years later. Politics are weird.
So does this mean they need 60 for healthcare now?
They can theoretically keep reconciliation open indefinitely, but they wouldn't be able to work on next year's budget, keeping the government open, defense spending, raising the debt ceiling, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom