• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going on vacation for about two weeks starting tomorrow and I'm completely disconnecting from everything political. I fully expect to come back and see the country run by ants or some shit.

55-9-Meet-the-Ant-People.png

They are here already.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
found this very useful: I asked 12 legal experts if the latest Trump-Russia news showed obstruction of justice

Some gems:
What the president has done in allegedly dictating a false statement about his son’s meeting with the Russians is to expose everyone who was present to questioning by Mueller’s team about what they saw and heard during that discussion. If they lie and get caught, they’ll be looking at jail time: Each false statement carries a penalty of up to five years in prison, and those can add up quickly. At that point, Mueller will have the leverage to offer immunity from prosecution if they provide information on other topics or individuals of interest to him in the Russia investigation. In short, a “policy of dishonesty” within the White House would be an investigative jackpot for Mueller and the cases he is building, and if there is such a policy, the latest news gives him yet another chance to exploit it.

But this news also raises a question: If President Trump was drafting responses — and changing his son's own response — about what happened in the meeting, doesn't that at least suggest he knew much more about the meeting than he had suggested? "Collusion" is not a crime, but conspiracy to hack computers is a felony. See the 1986 Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

Love this series from Vox

jtb

Banned
Taking that vote in 2013 is very different than taking it in 2017. I do think there are enough holdouts to kill it though - immigration is one issue where McCain, Flake and Graham seem to be willing to be stubborn.

Rubio on the other hand, lol

What gets me about the issue with Trump dictating the misleading message is that it's exactly the same thing that drove all the Benghazi insanity. An administration using deceptive messaging to limit impact from a negative event.

This was an issue with him dictating a statement... Can we call it Dic-ghazi?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
What gets me about the issue with Trump dictating the misleading message is that it's exactly the same thing that drove all the Benghazi insanity. An administration using deceptive messaging to limit impact from a negative event.

This was an issue with him dictating a statement... Can we call it Dic-ghazi?
Ghazi is the suffix for fake scandals. This is clearly dicktater-gate
which is about penis shaped tater tots

Kusagari

McCain's not there, and based off history he would probably vote against it anyway, and any combination of Flake, Graham, Collins, Murkowski would deny it 50.

studyguy

Hot n Fresh bois from Quin

August 2, 2017 - Trump Drops To New Low, Close To 2-1 Disapproval, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; 71 Percent Say President Is Not Levelheaded

President Donald Trump plunges to a new low as American voters disapprove 61 - 33 percent of the job he is doing, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. White men are divided 47 - 48 percent and Republicans approve 76 - 17 percent. White voters with no college degree, a key part of the president's base, disapprove 50 - 43 percent.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2476

Wilsongt

LOL Fuck South Carolina.

Two failed nuclear reactors subidized by the tax payers...

Now they are going to to charge us for their failure.

Get fucked SCANA.

Crocodile

33? That's pretty impressive. What was the lowest Bush's ever got?

I think it was 25?

If Trump botches literally ANY crises that isn't of his own making or the economy turns south his number will FREEFALL. Dude has been way too lucky his entire life. I guess we'll see when it eventually runs out.

lol @ McCain's favorables w/ Dems being near double that of Rs right now

Dems: "Thx for not murdering 16+ million people!"

GOP: "But but we wanted to screw over a Black man's legacy! *pouts*"

McCain literally saved the lives of thousands, if not more, so it's not really a surprise Democrats would appreciate that.

His gambit of being remembered for being a moderate Republican known for making the "tough decisions" will be how his legacy is cemented, despite the entire rest of his career not being that. His play to have his legacy known seems to have paid off.

Ogodei

Legislative failures were going to tank his approvals, but it's harder for him to eat into that core base who lives off in fantasy land unless he really started to betray the alt-right (which is, perhaps, why he back-pedaled after a few weeks of "Sessions Must Go!")

Teggy

With new COS and no big bills going now trump won't say anything dumb for a few days and approval will go back up. Nothing matters but the latest news anymore.

I think I'm the new diablos.

That Quinnipiac poll is fucking brutal, I'm loving it. Although 55% still say Trump is intelligent? What curve do you have to be grading on to still think that?

Kusagari

That Quinnipiac poll is fucking brutal, I'm loving it. Although 55% still say Trump is intelligent? What curve do you have to be grading on to still think that?

To much of the public being a billionaire means you're a genius no matter what.

It's why seeing his tax returns and finding out he's a billifraud might be the most damaging thing to hit him of all.

Trump is a rich, successful businessman who won an impossible to win campaign against the pre-appointed queen, how could he possibly not be intelligent?

Something like that

Either that, or Trump is actually more intelligent than 50% of the country, which isn't really unbelievable.

Just separate out different forms of intelligence. Bullshitting / social manipulation is most assuredly a skill / form of intelligence and he's definitely masterful at it.

I feel gross now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom