• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop laughing at that final paragraph lol

So, is it normal for the President to sign official letters he clearly didn't actually write? This feels like it should have Sessions name on it.

Yes, almost every document release the president puts out, he doesn't personally write

It's just so noticeable for Trump because he's a moron who can't read, speak or write, so it's incredibly obvious when he doesn't write something.

Oh my God at the last paragraph of that other statement:

DGO-ZaLXsAA10hc.jpg

Even in signing a bill literally designed to fuck over Russia for meddling in our election he still says NOTHING BAD ABOUT RUSSIA, instead talking about how it represents America's desire to work better with them.

Absolutely insane.

ShOcKwAvE

So, is it normal for the President to sign official letters he clearly didn't actually write? This feels like it should have Sessions name on it.

Did you think all presidents wrote all letters themselves? They may write a handful themselves, but the majority are drafted by staff and usually the president will review drafts, make comments, changes, etc. They don't have time to write everything themselves.

*legal jargon blah blah*
"I made the best company, the best, I'm better than those losers Pathetic Paul and Maniac McConnell. I am the best, believe me, the best. Russia won't even know how much of the best we are."

tbm24

This RAISE act bill immigration thing is fucking ridiculous. How do they go up there with a straight face and peddle this thing. Ignoring how much a slap in the face to the statue of liberty. Particularly the preference towards individuals who speak English.

This RAISE act bill immigration thing is fucking ridiculous. How do they go up there with a straight face and peddle this thing. Ignoring how much a slap in the face to the statue of liberty. Particularly the preference towards individuals who speak English.

I imagine this shit is going to get challenged quickly.

I see it less like he's mad he's checkmated on this and more like he's keeping up with Tillerson on "WTF I gotta do to get yall to realize I'm compromised as shit?"

Barzul

You cannot get welfare immediately as a new immigrant. I was reminded of that several times through the application process for my green card. You can only qualify after 5 year at which point you're eligible for citizenship anyways.

Blader

Dubbedinenglish said:
Rick Perry has even less credentials for the DHS than the DoE

Well he lives in a border state. That might actually make him more qualified for DHS since he actually understands what the border is and had no idea what DOE does when he took that gig.

Oh my God at the last paragraph of that other statement:

DGO-ZaLXsAA10hc.jpg

There are fucking typos all over this!

"Branchs" "executives"

Trump at 38-62 in Rasmussen.
That's lower than Obama ever was with them.

Trump keeps winning. But hey, 38 is almost 50, right? That's not bad.

Morning Consult generic ballot poll has Democrats up 7, but 538 says they have a GOP lean so that's actually pretty good for us. They turned that into a D+11 result.

So Senator Al Franken was on with Stephen Colbert last night to promote his new book and gave a pretty fun and interesting interview.

Franken gave a fittingly humorous and cryptic answer to the inevitable "Do you plan to run for President in 2020?" question Colbert gave him.

I think this is as good of a confirmation as we could get from him at this point in time. If he were to outright confirm that he's definitely running, like that other guy from a few days ago, it'd just be putting an unnecessary and large target on his back for the GOP and right-wing media to start smearing him ad nauseum for the next three years.

Perry would actually probably be better as DHS than anyone else we'll get.

He's not as much of a hardliner either having said deportations can destroy families in the past. Perry >>> Kobach as an example who would face a serious confirmation challenge and is a racist fuckwit hardliner ala Sessions/Miller/Bannon.

That's lower than Obama ever was with them.

Trump keeps winning. But hey, 38 is almost 50, right? That's not bad.

Morning Consult generic ballot poll has Democrats up 7, but 538 says they have a GOP lean so that's actually pretty good for us. They turned that into a D+11 result.

Too bad. My awesome model that has retroactively predicted House elections with high accuracy (you could say it has retroactive momentum) says that we'd win the House with D+7, but at D+11 we not only don't make any gains, we actually end up losing a seat
(Pelosi's)

I'm going on vacation for about two weeks starting tomorrow and I'm completely disconnecting from everything political. I fully expect to come back and see the country run by ants or some shit.

jtb

Banned
I'm not convinced Franken's running yet. He seems very hesitant about the whole thing and about his national profile. You have to be all-in to run for President, and he doesn't need the ego boost.

Seems much more like VP fodder to me.

Also he failed the PSA audition. Though, to be fair, that was a horrible interview

I'm not convinced Franken's running yet. He seems very hesitant about the whole thing and about his national profile. You have to be all-in to run for President, and he doesn't need the ego boost.

Also he failed the PSA audition. Though, to be fair, that was a horrible interview

Maybe. At the very least, I got the sense that he's definitely thinking about it right now.

Tbh, the reason the PSA interview was as bad as it was was because Franken didn't at all get into the Lovett gag. Hard to recover any momentum after a start like that.

jtb

Banned
Tbh, the reason the PSA interview was as bad as it was was because Franken didn't at all get into the Lovett gag. Hard to recover any momentum after a start like that.

Agreed, though he also recited the same canned gags he used in the Colbert interview (pivoting zzzzzz) so I don't think he was really game for the less rehearsed type of interview PSA was looking for.

Blader

If Perry moves to DHS does he need to get reconfirmed by the Senate for it? Or could Trump just automatically appoint anyone who has already been confirmed by the Senate already?

Maybe. At the very least, I got the sense that he's definitely thinking about it right now.

Hard not to when everyone's asking you about it!

Lovett never recovered after that either, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom