• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
So Paul Ryan and the Turtle are planning on passing a clean debt ceiling increase because they aren't totally stupid and crazy. They will have to rely mostly on Democrats. The right wing whackjobs will be pissed.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/03/debt-ceiling-republicans-clash-congress-241263
At this point I'm not sure whether to say "Wow RINO" or "LOL cucks'

Kelly's in for a real good time. Between Trump's tweeting, these transcripts, bipartisan support for protecting the Mueller investigation, and the monster's sinking polling numbers, he needs more than military expertise to save the ship.

I'm glad that we're seeing some of the early bad news circle back with more follow up. I guess FOIAs are starting to land.

...there's a lot of room to remind everyone of his screw ups and I expect them all to look worse than originally reported.

kess

I think he's not long for the White House.

Kelly is reportedly trying to control the flow of imformation to the president. It's only a matter of time before the familial ties and the rest of Trump's clique collide.

Actually, I think Ezra Cohen Watnick was one of the guys who tried funneling false articles to Trump earlier this year, and he's gone now.

Kusagari

I guess the fact that we now know even Trump realized his "Mexico paying for the wall" rhetoric was fantasy bullshit is something.

“I hate taking these people,” Trump said. “I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people” — an apparent reference to U.S. dairy farms.

This is some Big Lebowski tier shit. In a perfect world Malcolm would have responded with "also, Dude, milk person is not the preferred nomenclature. Dairy farmer, please."

The Pedes appear in low spirits this morning. Most of the topics on The_Donald are about Obama or Hilary. Most topics appear not to be above 3,000 upvotes.

Kelly's in for a real good time. Between Trump's tweeting, these transcripts, bipartisan support for protecting the Mueller investigation, and the monster's sinking polling numbers, he needs more than military expertise to save the ship.

Or good ol' fashioned war to unite the country.

EDIT: Naw he'd even botch that.

The Pedes appear in low spirits this morning. Most of the topics on The_Donald are about Obama or Hilary. Most topics appear not to be above 3,000 upvotes.

It's been a very rough couple weeks for them, and it's not going to get any better going forward since Trump's "big win" on healthcare failed and likely won't come back.

Blader

“There is nothing more important in business or politics than a deal is a deal,” Turnbull said. “You can certainly say that it was not a deal that you would have done, but you are going to stick with it.”

shit, Turnbull had him by the balls right from the start.

Just got stuck behind a pickup still proudly displaying a "Trump That Bitch" bumper sticker on his back window. Hillary was right, these people are deplorable.

To be a fly on the wall when Trump finds out about this leak.

I'm sure the fly that is on the wall will leak what happened when he found out about it anyway.

I've almost forgotten a time that our government wasn't so transparent and leaky. Having an actual president after this is going to feel like they're in a black box.

Loxley

Am I the only one who kinda hopes that Trump pulls a Budd Dwyer?

He thinks far too much of himself for that to ever happen.

And no, I don't hope that happens. If Trump did indeed commit crimes, I want him see him in a courtroom answering for them, and then in jail (or whatever the equivalent of jail is for elderly white-collar billionaires). I want to see him live to watch as his family name is tarnished and his businesses lose shitloads of money and support.

Lo-Volt

This is some Big Lebowski tier shit. In a perfect world Malcolm would have responded with "also, Dude, milk person is not the preferred nomenclature. Dairy farmer, please."

So we’re past the bowling alley dream sequence and fast-forwarding into the “The plane is crashing into the fucking mountain!” part, right?

Infinite content of morning oppo? Media trying to make up for yesterday being slow. It somehow gets worse every day, people! Besides the hilarity of claiming an "all-time low" with Russia, how it this Congress' fault? HE SIGNED THE DAMN BILL, plus Russia hasn't corrected any of the things that we imposed sanctions for in the first place.
So Paul Ryan and the Turtle are planning on passing a clean debt ceiling increase because they aren't totally stupid and crazy. They will have to rely mostly on Democrats. The right wing whackjobs will be pissed.
Boehner must have called Ryan and put the fear of God in him. That's the only thing I can think of. McConnell is smart enough to figure this out on his own, of course.
Am I the only one who kinda hopes that Trump pulls a Budd Dwyer?
Yeah I don't need to see that. Even I'm not that emotionally shattered. Could do the whole Japanese thing though. That's with style!
No, god no.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The funny thing about this transcript being leaked is that we can now expect more.

Apharmd

Gaslighting the country. He is acting just like the voice in the abuse victim's head whispering that it's their fault that they're being fucked with.

jtb

Banned
Jeet Heer really hit the nail on the head with the Charles Dickens/Trump comparison.

Dickens never asked what the people wanted, because he wanted what the people wanted.

The only ideological belief Trump has ever had in his entire life is that he is racism. That is the only thing that matters. It's so obvious in these transcripts. He is a petty, petulant child incapable of keeping more than one thought in his head at a time, but the racism is genuinely the only ideological thing he cares about.

Can't imagine who would've leaked this. This makes everybody look bad.

Exactly. Even Kelly can't stop this leaky-ass ship.

at this point I dont think its a ship.

The Trump/s administration and buisness appears to be on the same target paper at a range. still being shot with new holes in it.

As mueller presses the button, as the chain slowly pulls the target paper in.

Barzul

It's kinda sad as terrible as Trump is that entire transcripts of calls with foreign leaders are getting leaked. It will discourage some conversations with other nation's leaders for sure. They might avoid talking on some sensitive topics to their nations completely.

I was okay with the broad strokes of the conversation that the NYT put out earlier in the year, but the whole transcript? That NSC team is a joke.

Edit: If these were eligible for FOIA requests then it changes the dynamics for sure.

studyguy

Trump avoiding talking to foreign leaders is already a thing though. Quite frankly the less Trump directly has to speak to a foreign leader instead of through others in his administration, the better.

It's kinda sad as terrible as Trump is that entire transcripts of calls with foreign leaders are getting leaked. It will discourage some conversations with other nation's leaders for sure. They might avoid talking on some sensitive topics to their nations completely.

I was okay with the broad strokes of the conversation that the NYT put out earlier in the year, but the whole transcript? That NSC team is a joke.

Edit: If these were eligible for FOIA requests then it changes the dynamics for sure.

You think any sane person wanted to talk to Trump about anything sensitive?!!! He leaked Israel's state secrets in a meeting with Russians! This will not change anything. LOL

Anything said to Trump can be assumed to be told to Putin, so other countries aren't going to bother sharing anything with Trump. The leaks don't really change that.

Barzul

You think any sane person wanted to talk to Trump about anything sensitive?!!! He leaked Israel's state secrets in a meeting with Russians! This will not change anything. LOL

This conversation predated that I think. But yeah you're right lol.....but still someone has to communicate with the other world leaders I think. I don't really care about the substance of the conversations getting leaked, just the transcripts really and this isn't for Trumps benefit. McMaster probably just takes the calls himself now.

He talks shit to republicans, democrats, americans, americas allies, iran, china, north korea.....wont say anything bad about russia though 🤔

on a note unrelated to milk people

Pauline Bock‏Verified account
@PaulineBock
Macron's approval ratings have plummeted from 43% to 36% in a month (YouGov poll for @LeHuffPost)

let's see if he can get Hollande tier numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom