• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is when you find out he actually meant two Senate seats.

And then he's still wrong because we beat Cruz.

But Aaron, that one guy. He said.

Not sure how we can be optimistic about anything when that one guy said something and had a model. I distinctly remember something about something about this.

kirblar

Trump did NOT run as a free-trade anti-protectionist, GTFO with this revisionist bullshit.

The sad truth of politics here: the best strategy is to lie to the rural protectionist know-nothings and then ignore them once you take office.

Why leftists don't trust Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and Deval Patrick

http://theweek.com/articles/715955/...patrick?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DGS-9A_UQAABadf.jpg

There are legit, serious, policy-based criticisms of all three to be had of these three but the blanket rejection is kind of a bad look.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Trumps play of the last month has been pretty obvious but everyone is still eating it up and not realizing the damage. Basically now that his successful campaign of 'fake news' has made sure his base pays no attention to those parts of the media anymore, he has had free reign to play both sides constantly. Sarah can get up there now and say 'this happened' to the press, which they will report and make a big deal, while he is on Twitter and facebook feeding bullshit directly and calling it the real news truth. He has effectively radicalized many millions of people and his base. Now he will start up the voter fraud campaign to make that base angry come election time, filling them with doubt of voting numbers, thinking it was all rigged.

Im telling you when/if he loses an election that shit will go into overdrive and i fully expect a 'my second amendment people!' tweet. The fact that to the rational world everything he is doing is a self inflicted disaster does not exist in the bubble he has created now.

Ogodei

Translates to what, D+7?

Would see a swing of about 60 seats (assuming all factors were equal, so likely less than that).

GOP Rep.: Border Wall Is A ‘Metaphor,' ‘No One' Believed Mexico Would Pay

Rep. Francis Rooney (R-FL) said Thursday that ”no one could really believe that Mexicans were going to pay for a wall" and that President Donald Trump's proposed border wall with Mexico was a ”metaphor for border security."
”What do you make of that?" CNN's Poppy Harlow asked Rooney, after referencing a passage in the transcript in which Trump told Peña Nieto he cannot talk about not paying for the wall to the press.

”It's another bit of campaign rhetoric," Rooney responded. ”It's highly unusual. But I don't think anyone during the campaign seriously thought that Mexico would pay for that wall, even though we desperately believed in the wall as a metaphor for border security."

So if he extends the wall will it become an allegory?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(((Harry Enten)))‏Verified account @ForecasterEnten

That Q-Pac Senate generic ballot is useless without context that many of the states up in 2018 are in red parts of the country.
9:37 AM - 3 Aug 2017

Mike M

Nick N
If I remember right, that was last week. Although I don't know if it's related seeing as how Cernovich is kinda a paranoid crazy person.
Is there any reason to think Mueller would go after him? I'm at the point where I can't keep the web of entanglement straight anymore and have no idea if Cernovich had ties to the campaign/administration or if he was just a fixture of the alt-right.

What's the big deal? These calls were made before he Became President. I'm sure evidence shows that subsequent interactions with world leaders have been quite professional and cordial.

Is there any reason to think Mueller would go after him? I'm at the point where I can't keep the web of entanglement straight anymore and have no idea if Cernovich had ties to the campaign/administration or if he was just a fixture of the alt-right.

ACCORDING TO HIM, he had some connections to some guys who maybe had some connections to Russia...or something.

For the most part, all I see is that he's complicit in spread shit that started in Russia, but I doubt he was important enough to anyone to be useful for anything beyond that.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
If Mueller believes the Trump/Russia collusion involved funnelling bad stories about Clinton through Trump-friendly right-wing media, I think he would want to chat with them at the very least.

Ogodei

There are certainly black politicians who are respected by the American hard left. John Conyers gets praise for his persistent attempts at Medicare for All. Or (shudder) the Honorable Nina Turner. The hard left has a race problem, but it's more complex than white supremacy and more about issues that have been baked into leftism since its conception in Revolutionary France.

The only ones where i think the attempted smear-job is BS is Kamala Harris. Booker has legitimate problems as a candidate, Patrick will have a huge millstone to shake off in the form of his Bain employment.

There are certainly black politicians who are respected by the American hard left. John Conyers gets praise for his persistent attempts at Medicare for All. Or (shudder) the Honorable Nina Turner. The hard left has a race problem, but it's more complex than white supremacy and more about issues that have been baked into leftism since its conception in Revolutionary France.

The only ones where i think the attempted smear-job is BS is Kamala Harris. Booker has legitimate problems as a candidate, Patrick will have a huge millstone to shake off in the form of his Bain employment.
Nina Turner is a state senator. she might as well had been bernie's puppet. I'm sure they'd all evacuate real quick when she starts talking about BLM ~identity politics~ more than economic white coal trade blue collar plight anyways.

rjinaz

Golf magazine bringing the heat

Damn well a Black family did live there. It's practically a ghetto.

PPP has Flake's approvals at 18/62. Trump's at 44/53 in Arizona.

Flake losing to a generic Democrat 31/47.

http://ourlivesontheline.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/PPP-Poll-Arizona.pdf

I live in Arizona and hate Flake so much. These numbers are fantastic. My greatest hope is that in just a little over a year I can say "thanks Trump!" and mean it for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom