• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

234febd76d7e68cc7481af809611f35b.png

"Listen, we have a political problem that can be solved by you taking a bullet for me! What do you say?"

Slacker

Watched that Lara Trump News thing because why the hell wouldn't I want to make my day worse? She's ok-ish, though it's noticeable that the video cuts between every other sentence. I guess 2.5 whole minutes was too much for one take.

Oh and of course the content was Grade A Bolonium. Otherwise well done!

My people will stand up and say, "Mexico will pay for the wall" and your people will probably say something in a similar but slightly different language.
I live in relative close proximity to Mexico and I can confirm that down there they do indeed speak a different language, it's called Spanish. Not a lot of people know that.

234febd76d7e68cc7481af809611f35b.png

"Listen, we have a political problem that can be solved by you taking a bullet for me! What do you say?"

I like how Trump actually had to mention that they wouldn't say it in English, it would be a different language that's kinda like English but not English.

He probably thinks they speak Mexican

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So has Macron done anything controversial policy wise for the slump?

A bunch of his cabinet got involved in corruption scandals, he started a stupid argument with a well-respected general, he significantly cut housing aid, a lot of people saw his comments on Francophone Africa as borderline racist, and he's been perceived as authoritarian and arrogant - he's not really a media person. There's also been a lot of 'dithering' - Macron's campaign was incredibly vague and non-specific policy-wise, and it is increasingly looking like that was because he didn't actually have many concrete policy proposals worked out yet.

He's still intensely popular with his own supporters, but I think he overplayed his hand and thought his presidential election result signified enormous popularity, when a large part of it was simply people voting against Le Pen.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
probably has more to do with his right-wing policy agenda

Yeah I saw that, just that 4% approval is so legendary that I have to wonder if that's replicable. Maybe I just don't know France enough!

Probably not. Hollande was politically very close to Macron, but was tainted by the PS label which meant the centrists that support Macron could never support Hollande despite how similar they are. I think Macron has a small core of vocal support that he will never be able to lose in the way Hollande did. His 'low' is going to be 17%-18% in a worst case scenario.

A bunch of his cabinet got involved in corruption scandals, he started a stupid argument with a well-respected general, he significantly cut housing aid, a lot of people saw his comments on Francophone Africa as borderline racist, and he's been perceived as authoritarian and arrogant - he's not really a media person. There's also been a lot of 'dithering' - Macron's campaign was incredibly vague and non-specific policy-wise, and it is increasingly looking like that was because he didn't actually have many concrete policy proposals worked out yet.

He's still intensely popular with his own supporters, but I think he overplayed his hand and thought his presidential election result signified enormous popularity, when a large part of it was simply people voting against Le Pen.

I wonder how many times this sort of thing has to happen before rorschach-test candidates start looking lest like butterflies and more like piles of trash?

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 1h1 hour ago
More
Vox: The acting head of the FBI told top officials there that they should be prepared to testify in Mueller's probe.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...er-obstruction-case-stronger-trump-surrogates

Shortly after the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller in May, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe told several of the highest-ranking managers of the bureau they should consider themselves possible witnesses in any investigation into whether President Donald Trump engaged in obstruction of justice, according to two senior federal law enforcement officials.

McCabe has told colleagues that he too is a potential witness in the probe of whether Trump broke the law by trying to thwart the FBI's Russia investigation and the investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government to defeat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

Two senior federal law enforcement officials have told me that the new revelations illustrate why they believe the potential case against Trump is stronger than outsiders have thought.

”What you are going to have is the potential for a powerful obstruction case," a senior law enforcement official said. ”You are going to have the [former] FBI director testify, and then the acting director, the chief of staff to the FBI director, the FBI's general counsel, and then others, one right after another. This has never been the word of Trump against what [James Comey] has had to say. This is more like the Federal Bureau of Investigation versus Donald Trump."

Trump and his supporters have long argued that it would be difficult, if not impossible, for the special counsel to bring an obstruction case against Trump. The case would rely on the word of one man versus another, that of the president of the United States versus the director of the FBI he fired. But this was never the case.

Including Comey, as many as 10, and possibly more, of the nation's most senior law enforcement officials are likely to be questioned as part of the investigation into whether Trump committed obstruction of justice, according to two government investigators with firsthand knowledge of the matter. Comey's notes on his conversations could also be used as evidence, according to many reports.

DADDY VLAD WHAT DO I DOOOO

PBY

Banned
Flake's whole angle is weird. He's conservative as all hell, turning any moderate off completely. But then he keeps bashing Trump, turning off most of the GOP base.

He has it backwards.

Would be far more effective to not vote as conservative, but just shut the fuck up about Trump.

People aren't stupid.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Flake's whole angle is weird. He's conservative as all hell, turning any moderate off completely. But then he keeps bashing Trump, turning off most of the GOP base.

Well he's either going to be able to claim "I was the first to realize he doomed us and spoke up about it" or "I was the only one to criticize him and thus make him change his ways". He could be a GOP darling either way.

A deal is a deal unless you can negotiate a better deal refuse to follow through on your end of the deal and use your lawyers to intimidate the other party into accepting it.

Quinnipiac just released generic ballot numbers, Democrats lead 52-38 JESUS.

My kingdom for any of this to hold in November 2018.

Those Flake numbers are deliciously terrible. Bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom